Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

hopefully just a localized thing so, the service our GP provides is a joke. min wait would be a couple of hours, this probably translates upwards to the regional doc. only ever being to the regional doc is minor problems and I found they way over prescribed for each condition

Looking at other posts ye must've gotten the s**t end of the stick in your area Bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

I have the misfortune to be in a few hospitals over the years in a couple of different hospitals and have to say that recently any visits to hosptials recently have been grand, had two accidents in australia and one of the hospitals in the out back was grand, the other was a joke. a beam fell on me on site and i couldnt walk, the hospital said before they would treat me i had to pay up front. i was after coming off a building site and had enough to buy fags and lunch.
    Aside from that ive all the feed rails loaded with silage and i'm headin for a few pints. happy christmas everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

went doing a bit of xmas shopping early this morning so would be spotted. Standing with the head down at the Fragance section in Boot's and I look up to see two other local farmers I know equally lost. Our eyes crossed but the feeling was mutual - I wont mention it to anyone. to anyone else we must have looked as out of place as snowmen in the Sahara desert. Thankfully we spotted each other then as I was just after being looking at the Durex stand as they were doing a half price offer. I practice a JIT stock system for such items so the offer didnt catch me. :D

went doing a bit of xmas shopping early this morning so would be spotted. Standing with the head down at the Fragance section in Boot's and I look up to see two other local farmers I know equally lost. Our eyes crossed but the feeling was mutual - I wont mention it to anyone. to anyone else we must have looked as out of place as snowmen in the Sahara desert. Thankfully we spotted each other then as I was just after being looking at the Durex stand as they were doing a half price offer. I practice a JIT stock system for such items so the offer didnt catch me. :D

Listen boy until you've gone into the chemists to collect the OH's pill prescription you haven't lived.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Listen boy until you've gone into the chemists to collect the OH's pill prescription you haven't lived.;)
    Ah here this is a catholic country :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Actually walking down henry street with an Ann summers bag is better again;)

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Actually walking down henry street with an Ann summers bag is better again;)

Bested:(

ah, the jack and jill collection, at least you can give them a smile:). Walking around with a Victoria Secrets bag, guilty your honor:D, back in the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Down on the small holding in the West atm and not the best start to Christmas for me. Bust my knee in the gym yesterday and this morning one of our "guests" left open a gate, which meant the 2 big ears and half a suckler herd paid an unwelcome visit to some neighbours front gardens:(:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Not the best start to Christmas for me. Bust my knee in the gym yesterday and this morning one of our "guests" left open a gate which meant the 2 big ears and half a suckler herd paid an unwelcome visit to some neighbours front gardens:(:rolleyes:.

and its considered all your fault:(, know the feeling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

and its considered all your fault:(, know the feeling

I had some explaining to do allright - although my nearest neighbour saw the funny side of it and likened the scene out of his front window to the nativity, what with the animals,crib and christmas lights:pac:

I hope Santy has his wet gear with him. Ya wouldn't put a bucket out in it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

waiting for eldest lad to go asleep.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

whelan1 wrote: »
    waiting for eldest lad to go asleep.:cool:

Same here :rolleyes:

bbam wrote: »
    Same here :rolleyes:

What're ye doing wrong we had to stop them going to bed at 8. If they'd gone then god knows what time they'dve woken up.

• Advertisement

Ye've loads of time anyway according to Norad he's on;y heading for Prague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

We've everything wrapped and under the tree now , if the oldest lad manages to sleep till five or six that will be good enough , he was wired this evening

done. not helped by the fact i took a fit of coughing and had to gulp down santas drink. happy christmas everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

must remind them next year, santa dose not need a six pack and a glass of milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

What're ye doing wrong we had to stop them going to bed at 8. If they'd gone then god knows what time they'dve woken up.

In fairness she was 3 hours in bed trying desperately to sleep..

All done now...

Happy Christmas to ye all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

bbam wrote: »
    In fairness she was 3 hours in bed trying desperately to sleep..

All done now...

Happy Christmas to ye all...

Happy christmas one and all, dinner and santy all done, wife working Christmas Day so done it all Christmas Eve

im waiting here for santa and cant fall asleep.

Did Santy come?:D

yup will post a pic in a minute:D

yup will post a pic in a minute:D

I'm a litle bit worried now. Are we getting a pic of Santy coming? This might not be suitable for a family orintated board like this. Is it a pic of the aftermath of Santy coming? which might be marginally more suitable, probably a bit less to explain. Or finally are we getting a pic of the junior Whelans with their pressies?

look on picture thread

look on picture thread

Asked and answered:D

heading out to milk now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

Just back in the door. Kids still asleep. Jobs all done. A cow started calving at 4 this morning so I got a clear run at the day as d'unbelievables would say. When I was up I got all jobs done. Highly recommend it. Happy Christmas to all. By the way, a blue heifer calf out of a blue x br fr cow. All doing well.

F'N batteries not included. Total amatuer mistake:(

• Advertisement

Just back in the door. Kids still asleep. Jobs all done. A cow started calving at 4 this morning so I got a clear run at the day as d'unbelievables would say. When I was up I got all jobs done. Highly recommend it. Happy Christmas to all. By the way, a blue heifer calf out of a blue x br fr cow. All doing well.

only heading out now, father milked this morning, so as i could spend the morning with the kids, cheers..

an hours work to do, and if i time it well, the house will have been cleaned up when i get back:D

F'N batteries not included. Total amatuer mistake:(

rookie;)

dar31 wrote: »
    only heading out now, father milked this morning, so as i could spend the morning with the kids, cheers..

an hours work to do, and if i time it well, the house will have been cleaned up when i get back:D

You're relying on an awful lot going right there:D

i have the flu:mad: so much worse than any man flu;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

Little girl up since 6. Going mad on the bike. The wee man happier with his trucks and books. This is what it's all about. Santa rocks!!!

Enjoy the day

dar31 wrote: »
    rookie;)

I wish. This is our 12th go at it. No excuses at this stage.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

The two little ones are getting more fun out of the polystyrene packaging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

I have a 4 year old towing a 14 month old in his new John Deere tractor and trailer, just tucked into some apple tart and cream, now for a quick feed and back to put feet up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭stanflt

had two sick cows this morning and fair play to my vet he came straight away even though i woke him up

• Advertisement

stanflt wrote: »
    had two sick cows this morning and fair play to my vet he came straight away even though i woke him up
    had to get the vet out a few years ago too on christmas day, i thought she would never go home, she was foreign and our call had been the only one she had had so far that day... hope cows are ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Christmas swim done and dusted for yet another year:D, huge turnout.

I'm on peeling duties, potatoes done, now for the carrots and parsnips:rolleyes:

Happy Christmas to everyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

just do it wrote: »

I'm on peeling duties, potatoes done, now for the carrots and parsnips:rolleyes:

Seen a few pics on Facebook, there was a great turnout for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

just do it wrote: »

I chickened out on the swim this year ha, but was at a goal mile, that was good craic but a mile certainly wasn't isn't near enough to run off the xmas dinner I had :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Had a cow bulling this morning. Coundn't do it to the AI man. He's too nice a guy.I wonder if he would have answered the call. She'll just have to wait for another 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

same as that. if thats the worst that happens to us we'll be alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭mf240

pakalasa wrote: »
    Had a cow bulling this morning. Coundn't do it to the AI man. He's too nice a guy.I wonder if he would have answered the call. She'll just have to wait for another 3 weeks.
    There's a good chance shed hold tommorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

11 years of Santa; first one that we had no batteries as grandma brought toys that took odd ball ones. Still young ones had great day off all pressies got, the guns and jigsaws still win out. sitting back now with french coffee and Christmas cake ready to play monopoly snakes and ladders and cluedo. You cant beat the day in fairness. Hope you all had a great day and I wish ye all the best for the new year just be careful out there.

wrecked. all un bed had a great day. cant wait for next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

pakalasa wrote: »
    Get him tomorrow Paka. You know in NZ they've moved to once a day AI. The window for AI post-bulling is 6-24hrs;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement