Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

F'N batteries not included. Total amatuer mistake:(

Was that the Mrs' present!??! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

whelan1 wrote: »
    wrecked. all un bed had a great day. cant wait for next year

one of my FB friends who had a rough year to say the least just posted this comment, on her wall.

"It's funny how someone who was just a stranger last year, can mean so much to you now. It's terrible that someone who meant so much to you last year can be a stranger just now. It's amazing what a year can do".

enjoy the rest of the festivities and stay safe during the coming year,
    Joey

jomoloney wrote: »

"It's funny how someone who was just a stranger last year, can mean so much to you now. It's terrible that someone who meant so much to you last year can be a stranger just now. It's amazing what a year can do".

What are you trying to say Joey.... you not going to be our friend this time nest year?? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

one of my FB friends who had a rough year to say the least just posted this comment, on her wall.

enjoy the rest of the festivities and stay safe during the coming year,
    Joey

She sounds desperate:D, any chance a facebook link and I will poke her :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Muckit wrote: »
    Was that the Mrs' present!??! :D:D

Now, now................

......;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I've stick a thread up in Irish Economy about cuts in the last five years

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056839518

If there've been any specifically farm-related cuts, maybe you'd be so kind as to add them, lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Muckit wrote: »
    What are you trying to say Joey.... you not going to be our friend this time nest year?? :p

who knows , whelan is looking forward to next year, I live life a little differently I savour every moment of the present

She sounds desperate:D, any chance a facebook link and I will poke her :D:D

yep she had tough time and was amazed at the support she got from people she hardly knew when some of her so called "friends " didn't want to know

Thanks for your offer Bob, but the last thing she needs at the moment is a poke from you.

On a side note strolled through my local village yesterday morning about 9.30 am , beautiful mild morn and the sun was trying to break out, met just one child with his miniature pony which Santa had brought , not another kid to be seen, roll back 15 years and the street would have been full of kids with their bikes, roller blades. footballs hurleys etc, seem like PS2 and the i pad or whatever era has truly gripped

f€cking washing machine gave up on Xmas eve off now to now to see what Harvey Norman or sound store have to offer :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

woke this morning to a pedigree calf on deaths door. waiting on vet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

off to doctor with second child this morning. mad temperatures. she suffers from febrile convulsions so has to get meds for temperatures

^^you win^^

• Advertisement

f€cking washing machine gave up on Xmas eve off now to now to see what Harvey Norman or sound store have to offer :(

Our one packed up 10 days ago. Priced around and got a 7 kgs bosch like for like replacement for €399 in DID. Last one lasted 12 years with a family that grew to 6 over that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

On a side note strolled through my local village yesterday morning about 9.30 am , beautiful mild morn and the sun was trying to break out, met just one child with his miniature pony which Santa had brought , not another kid to be seen, roll back 15 years and the street would have been full of kids with their bikes, roller blades. footballs hurleys etc, seem like PS2 and the i pad or whatever era has truly gripped

Yeah it's a pity alright. Ours requested and got skateboards. But we are very active parents compared to the norm. It takes effort and commitment to keep the kids active. They only get to see tv at the weekends, and even then that's only a few hours worth.

Calf died.:(

feck, do you know what happened it? have appointment for child at 12.40 hope we aren't waiting too long

scour that wasnt helped by the fact that half of what little milk the mammy had was being stolen by anopther calf but we only copped that recently.

The mammy is also very protective and made close examination more difficult.

Probably should have copped it earlier but he went downhill quickly. He died while the vet was here.

In hindsight I should never have bulled her to calve in December. with our set up its just too hard on a small calf.

Serriously considering getting out of pedigrees now. I've gotten more heart-ache than enjoyment from them and commercial cattle probably leave a better profit at the end of the day

Hope the little one get seen too quickly Whelan1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,081 ✭✭✭td5man

off to doctor with second child this morning. mad temperatures. she suffers from febrile convulsions so has to get meds for temperatures
    Have 2 here with high temps since the weekend seem to be coming right now
    Fibrile convulsions are frightening especially the first time it happens,one of ours used to suffer with them luckily she grew out of them think it had somethng to do with her teeth.
    Youd think you were mad standing outside on a cold winters night holding a child until her temperature came down but you got used to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Feckin lashing rain again...
    Huge drops, seems like each one is a litre of water...

Herself is off on a 7k fundraising run :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

At least it was out side the house door. Unfortunately my wife and I had the worst Christmas ever. She had a miscarriage with our second child on Xmas eve and spent yesterday in hospital. So as bad as things are they could be worse.
    Can't wait for 2012 to end. Roll on 2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

sea12 wrote: »

At least it was out side the house door. Unfortunately my wife and I had the worst Christmas ever. She had a miscarriage with our second child on Xmas eve and spent yesterday in hospital. So as bad as things are they could be worse.

Very sorry to hear that sea. It has to be heart breaking. My thoughts are with the two of you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

Ah Mate thats awful hope herself is alright and heres to a better 2013

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

Sh1t, theres not much i can say, only very sorry to hear it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Very sorry to hear that sea12, hope 2013 is better for you both.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Jesus Sea12, so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with ye... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Really sorry to hear that sea, we had one too last week but it was early days and not planned, we had one before after 20 weeks, all I can say is be there for herself keep the head up and try again as soon as you ready, that worked for us,

• Advertisement

bbam wrote: »
    Feckin lashing rain again...
    Huge drops, seems like each one is a litre of water...

Herself is off on a 7k fundraising run :eek:

Same here started a lovely morning, now lashing rain, waiting for mother to come so I can go feed, herself is working until 9, if I was 21 and single I be in the pub right now although I intend to get a few in tonight,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Very sorry to read about your loss Sea12.

thats terrible, roll on 2013, hope you are both doing ok

td5man wrote: »
    Have 2 here with high temps since the weekend seem to be coming right now
    Fibrile convulsions are frightening especially the first time it happens,one of ours used to suffer with them luckily she grew out of them think it had somethng to do with her teeth.
    Youd think you were mad standing outside on a cold winters night holding a child until her temperature came down but you got used to it.
    ye, she has more or less grown out of them now, hers where teeth and ear related , absolutely mental in out of hours doctors , thought we would never be called....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

So sorry for your loss Sea12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

sorry for your loss Sea, hope 2013 brings good things to you and your family

Don't know what weather is like elsewhere but it's turned nasty here, just in from shed, blowing a gale and rain, looking at bales of silage I am going to have to purchase, more money,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

ye, she has more or less grown out of them now, hers where teeth and ear related , absolutely mental in out of hours doctors , thought we would never be called....

Seems like your place is gone like mine. No other service industry would get aways with such a joke of a business. FFS, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that Stephens morning would be a busy time for the doctor. The sooner a decent business person is running a large chunk of the HSE and all other wings the better. Hope your kid is on the mend Whelan as you seem to be in the wars at the moment with them. Crap to hear of your loss Sea12, your turn will hopefully be just around the corner, when one door closes another is opened so hold tough, crushing for both of you's

Been down that road too. There's nothing anyone can say to help how it feels. Give it time is all I can say, but that's not easy either. Life's a road with many, many turns and twists, none of us know what's round the next bend, just as well too.

got 8 tonne of dairy nuts on 13 december and the bin is more or less empty:eek: i use 350kg a day, feeders have been callibrated so should have gotten 4 weeks out of it, got 8.2 tonne on 5 november and this did me till 13 december with more cows than i have now... i said it to sales rep last week that the view hole of the bin was clear which it shouldnt be ... will open side of the bin tomorrow to see of they are stuck in it but one thing is for sure i didnt use 8 tonne of dairy nuts in 13 days:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

... one thing is for sure i didnt use 8 tonne of dairy nuts in 13 days:mad:
    Maybe somebody else did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭dzer2

got 8 tonne of dairy nuts on 13 december and the bin is more or less empty:eek: i use 350kg a day, feeders have been callibrated so should have gotten 4 weeks out of it, got 8.2 tonne on 5 november and this did me till 13 december with more cows than i have now... i said it to sales rep last week that the view hole of the bin was clear which it shouldnt be ... will open side of the bin tomorrow to see of they are stuck in it but one thing is for sure i didnt use 8 tonne of dairy nuts in 13 days:mad:

Maybe they didnt make it into the bin.

dzer2 wrote: »
    Maybe they didnt make it into the bin.
    thats what i am thinking

pakalasa wrote: »
    Maybe somebody else did.
    i have been the only one milking this last 2 weeks

Turn on sky 108 .... good film about her and cattle handling facilities ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

So sorry for your loss Sea12.

Thanks for all the comments. My reason for putting up my story is that as bad as things are on the farm and we all have bad times once they are outside they are tolerable. Sometimes we dont see that at the time. Thanks for comments and here's to a better 2013 for all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭stanflt

Thanks for all the comments. My reason for putting up my story is that as bad as things are on the farm and we all have bad times once they are outside they are tolerable. Sometimes we dont see that at the time. Thanks for comments and here's to a better 2013 for all.

im really sorry for you- i know the joy you were expecting. my heart goes out to you and her good self

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Im so sorry sea12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Milton09

I'm sorry to hear that sea12. We had a miscarriage 6 weeks ago after 17 weeks. Would have been our second child and son. Have gone through disbelief, sadness, anger, rage, guilt at this stage, felt like somebody was missing from the table Christmas day and feels like nothing will ever be fun
    any more. Like you cant wait to see the back of 2012. Wish I could offer more support but I'm only one page ahead in the book.

off to doc again today, i am the patient today, havent been on an antibiotic since i had glandular fever 20 years ago:eek::eek:

off to doc again today, i am the patient today, havent been on an antibiotic since i had glandular fever 20 years ago:eek::eek:

Jebus.. whatever way I looked at that I thought you have been on one for 20 years :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Had glanduler fever myself , some dose

My problems are petty compared to yours. I'm really sorry to hear that, I cant imagine how hard that must be

Sorry for your trouble Sea12. My wife had 2 but relatively early. 8/9 weeks and 13 weeks. we already had 3 at the time so it softened the blow to some degree + 3 youngsters don't give you much time to think. I was amazed at the time how quickly Mrs Fic seem to "get over it" at the time it seemed to hardly take a shake out of her but we were talking about it recently and it turns out she was putting on a front for a while. We had other problems to contend with and she decided to deal with this one on her own. She got past it to but just be aware your wife may try to do the same and the results mightened be as good. Keep talking to her about it. For me, certainly in the early part of the pregnancies I always felt fairly detached from things and I know the miscarriages didn't affect me in remotely the same way as they affected my wife. This was a good thing in certain ways as I could just get on with whatever needed to be done with kids or work but it also made me less aware of how it was affecting her.

I supppose the upshot of what I'm saying is don't assume if she says she's ok that she is ok for a while at least.

• Advertisement

This morning just reminded me why I don't drink much anymore, all I can say is help, went out last night thinking I was 21 again (and that birthday was a while ago) brother is home from oz so tore the ass out of it and now I am sitting here feeling sorry for my self, I'd swear my wife gave my youngest son that drum on purpose,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement