Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Just back from doctors, i have spent over 220 euro on doctors and prescriptions since sunday:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

I have a 12 month old Lim bull that I plan to sell in March or April leaving him 15-16 months old. How many mature suckler cows could he handle say from May on without killing him in happiness!!!!

Mac Taylor wrote: »
    I have a 12 month old Lim bull that I plan to sell in March or April leaving him 15-16 months old. How many mature suckler cows could he handle say from May on without killing him in happiness!!!!
    have been many discussions on here about this, your bull at that age would only be suitable for heifers i am afraid, would never ever sell a bull that age for use on cows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭hugo29

Mac Taylor wrote: »

I ran a 14 month bb bull with 20 cows and he handled them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

hugo29 wrote: »
    This morning just reminded me why I don't drink much anymore, all I can say is help, went out last night thinking I was 21 again (and that birthday was a while ago) brother is home from oz so tore the ass out of it and now I am sitting here feeling sorry for my self, I'd swear my wife gave my youngest son that drum on purpose,
    I feel your pain, im squinting looking at this, my head feels like a bucket of frogs and i realise now why as you get older that its not possable to drink all night and get up and work the way i used to.

• Advertisement

Dunno if this has been posted before.Reminds me of my son haha http://youtu.be/e3kwdue5XS0

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Beefbaron

Up every night for the past two weeks looking at cows due to calve on two out farms. Exhausted but 13 live calves TG, no casualties. A lot more to go. Can't keep this up!!! any tips on cameras??

this is going to be the longest milking ever, feel like i have been run over by a bus:( thought meds would have kicked in by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Beefbaron wrote: »
    Up every night for the past two weeks looking at cows due to calve on two out farms. Exhausted but 13 live calves TG, no casualties. A lot more to go. Can't keep this up!!! any tips on cameras??

Just got one and it's brilliant. Watching the cows from bed! Have a read through here :
    http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056741425?page=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

whelan1 wrote: »
    this is going to be the longest milking ever, feel like i have been run over by a bus:( thought meds would have kicked in by now

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

did you check your bin for nuts since?

did you check your bin for nuts since?
    they are at an angle, both view holes are visible,so just praying every time i turn on augers, should be 2 weeks in there

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭severeoversteer

does anyone have experience of mc aree enclosed silos? the vmac ones :confused:
    thinking of getting a handy silo

i have a 16 tonne one, have it about 8 years, a few peoblems recently of nuts going in slanty ways but otherwise no problems

i have a 16 tonne one, have it about 8 years, a few peoblems recently of nuts going in slanty ways but otherwise no problems

have never owned a silo, how long would a nut or ration hold out fresh in it? just trying to make my mind on what size would be appropriate, when im finishing a batch of bullocks i normally go through about 200 kg a day over roughly 3 months , sick of the jfc meal bin or ''coal bunker'':rolleyes: im kinda thinkin a six tonne one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Jeez the wind is unreal out there ...and the same forecasting for tmrw :(

When will this weather stop...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭thetangler

have never owned a silo, how long would a nut or ration hold out fresh in it? just trying to make my mind on what size would be appropriate, when im finishing a batch of bullocks i normally go through about 200 kg a day over roughly 3 months , sick of the jfc meal bin or ''coal bunker'':rolleyes: im kinda thinkin a six tonne one
    200kg per day is 2t per 10 days 6t per month no prob with nuts keeping for a month I think there is a 3 nth expiry on them. Are you filling the Jfc every 4 days ?

thetangler wrote: »
    200kg per day is 2t per 10 days 6t per month no prob with nuts keeping for a month I think there is a 3 nth expiry on them. Are you filling the Jfc every 4 days ?
    filling jfc and an ibc yokeevery saturday normally:rolleyes: , that is when im finishin the batch once a year, ya 20 tonne over 100 days we'll say;) , silo would be idle out from them 3 months, unless i change system get more cattle or finish them in two batchs rather than all together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

Muckit wrote: »

Ah come on, he is far from cross just agitated by poor handling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Yeh I want my 2mins back that I wasted watching the video :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Manoffeeling

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

pity i couldnt record my best but ****in daft charolais bullock makin **** of my headgate :eek:, would be a better video, at least he saved me havin to dehorn him ;)

this is more the sort of thing Muckit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

These are the guys you'd want in the marts, the way things are going.

jeeny that was the worst you tube video i ever watched, kept waiting for something to happen

my cousin does rodeo in austrailia ccomplete with his carlow football socks- he reckons they bring him luck....he loves it

pakalasa wrote: »
    These are the guys you'd want in the marts, the way things are going.

Im going to try one of those back flip jumps next time an animal comes after me:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

....am.... I was referring to your man, not the bull.... talk about jumping to conclusions!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭wesleysniper38

I'll never wear a Man Utd jersey t the mart again!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tmx4fkAcQA&feature=fvwp&NR=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

have to say mrs browns boys was brilliant tonight

Wouldn't allow that rubbish into the house. Terrible ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

I'll never wear a Man Utd jersey t the mart again!!

that's better

yep but would be every bit as good without the F word

5 likes! I'm disgusted. Terrible ****. Good night. Port all gone :eek:

• Advertisement

5 likes! I'm disgusted. Terrible ****. Good night. Port all gone :eek:

was subjected to 5 minutes of it on xmas day. absolute and other tripe

was subjected to 5 minutes of it on xmas day. absolute and other tripe

My whooooore of a sister in law told me that it wasn't high brow enough for me :eek: this was after I explained that I like Blackadder And south park :D:D

Shure, I suppose, well I main to say, what can I do?

not farming related but worth a mention

this guy strikes a cord with my generation, probably all the more as I had some amazing fun on those streets

jomoloney wrote: »
    that's better

yep but would be every bit as good without the F word
    turned off the two christmas ones as it was full of f&^k, but i really enjoyed last nights episode, cant stand the fact that brendan o carrolls partner in real life plays the daughter cathy in the show-gives me the creeps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Suckler

My whooooore of a sister in law told me that it wasn't high brow enough for me

Brendan O'Carroll is now condsidered 'high brow' comedy?! :confused:
    Christ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

turned off the two christmas ones as it was full of f&^k, but i really enjoyed last nights episode, cant stand the fact that brendan o carrolls partner in real life plays the daughter cathy in the show-gives me the creeps

Personally I wouldnt be fan of O'C but I do admire him for his charity work, unlike others who made it big here and then blew it overseas

Terrible rain here earlier it will take at least 10 dry days before any attempt of getting out slurry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭Suckler

jomoloney wrote: »
    Terrible rain here earlier it will take at least 10 dry days before any attempt of getting out slurry :(

Had an awful job trying to get bales out with me little MF 550, steering with brakes and existing ruts!

Can't see any travelling on the land for 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Same here ground is just sodden. Even walking across ground that would be good draining the water skites out from under the wellies. Got the 35 bogged yesterday trying to get into field and had only empty car trailer on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭nashmach

Brendan O'Carroll is a lot better than Brendan O'Connor anyway!!

Not too bad of a week forecast so was hoping to spray off some stubbles, a quick walk around just now confirmed that won't happen.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

not farming related but worth a mention

this guy strikes a cord with my generation, probably all the more as I had some amazing fun on those streets

Put me thinking all morning that clip. Every T.D. should be made watch it.

"Any craic? No youse all ****ed off",

"10 good reasons to go but 1000 tiny ones not to"

Until we stem that tide we're f**ked plain and simple. I'm just sayin':(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

Quick Question .

What age should you dose calves with Vecoxan , for the prevention of coccidosis??
    Last two calves born are after getting coccidosis at about the 10 day mark .

Had another one born Friday night . Can i do him at 2 days old ???

Richk2012 wrote: »
    Quick Question .

What age should you dose calves with Vecoxan , for the prevention of coccidosis??
    Last two calves born are after getting coccidosis at about the 10 day mark .

Had another one born Friday night . Can i do him at 2 days old ???
    waste of time doing them til they are about 7 days old... they are not born with it they meet it. Might be no harm to give them a second shot a week or 10 days later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Richk2012

waste of time doing them til they are about 7 days old... they are not born with it they meet it. Might be no harm to give them a second shot a week or 10 days later

Was thinking that myself , and now that a couple calves have had it its a definate this one will pick it up .
    Thanks ;)

Richk2012 wrote: »
    Was thinking that myself , and now that a couple calves have had it its a definate this one will pick it up .
    Thanks ;)
    if they are picking it up that young you need to keep the sheds/pens cleaned out and disenfected... i know it a pain in the butt but its what has to be done, i use oocide

anyone watching rte1

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement