Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

whelan1 wrote: »
    are these dairy farms being sold by the banks or what?

Seen it in the IFJ too. Looks to be a great farm. Well laid out, yard in the middle of the farm and excellent roadways throughout. Twas owned by the same family for the past 25years. Hard to know what happened. God if milk isn't profitable, what is?? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

what would that go for, allowing for the cork registration and all:D

The farming indo valued it at €42,000 which is a little excessive for a dry clutch, 90hp, case. 2 years ago, you could buy the 80hp version of this for €32,000, so I'd say if you went straight into a dealer to buy it you would get it new at €38k.

Surely only worth €35k (or less) seeing as he has shop soiled and registered it.

Its a pity to see someone winning a prize like that and not making use of it. They should have had the condition that you had to have a herd/flock number in order to be allowed to enter the draw to ensure that the prize went to a farmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

reilig wrote: »
    The farming indo valued it at €42,000 which is a little excessive for a dry clutch, 90hp, case. 2 years ago, you could buy the 80hp version of this for €32,000, so I'd say if you went straight into a dealer to buy it you would get it new at €38k.

Surely only worth €35k (or less) seeing as he has shop soiled and registered it.

Its a pity to see someone winning a prize like that and not making use of it. They should have had the condition that you had to have a herd/flock number in order to be allowed to enter the draw to ensure that the prize went to a farmer.

they should have just given the chap the value of it if he wasnt actually interested in tractor

they should have just given the chap the value of it if he wasnt actually interested in tractor

It didn't cost them €42k to buy. They would have gotten it a lot cheaper without the vat, straight buy discount, advertising/promotion discount - they might have only been out €25k. They'd have been out a pocket if they had to pay out the advertised value (€42k) as opposed to what it cost them.

I see the lad who won the Case tractor in the farming Indo, is selling it.

God I might go and pull a few bits off it !! :D

(joke everyone, joke!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

what would that go for, allowing for the cork registration and all:D

I think I'll chance it and offer him €15k for it. Them Cork city boys, are supposed to be a bit on the slow side:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

1) so farmers cant live in clean bungalows with tidy gardens?

2) so what if he's not a farmer?

JohnBoy wrote: »

I hear you JohnBoy. The begrudgery is palpable! :p Fair do's to the freckly red headed ba*ta*d is what I say ......:D :D

again joking folks.......JOKING!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

JohnBoy wrote: »

Real farmers, have cattle grazing right up to the front door, and wouldn't waste valuable land, with them sissy lawns;)

Should be restrictions on city folk, reading the Farming Indo. We don't want them knowing anymore thsn is absolutely necessary about the SFP and stuff like that:P

More luck to the lad anyway:D

reilig wrote: »
    It didn't cost them €42k to buy. They would have gotten it a lot cheaper without the vat, straight buy discount, advertising/promotion discount - they might have only been out €25k. They'd have been out a pocket if they had to pay out the advertised value (€42k) as opposed to what it cost them.

true enough I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Look at this lads :D

http://www.farmersjournal.ie/site/v3images/files/Rabobank%20Wheres_the_Beef_September2011.pdf

Wouldn't you be tempted to bull every heifer on the land, in anticipation of rising beef prices, due to projected global beef production increase running at less than half of population increase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Tora Bora wrote: »
    I think I'll chance it and offer him €15k for it. Them Cork city boys, are supposed to be a bit on the slow side:cool:

Was thinking of doing the same myself:D

Suckler ai video here from progressive genetics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3tkiGow59g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

our meal purchasing group changed meal suppliers last week, i got a load on monday and milk has gone through the roof , up 100 gallons in 1 collection , with no freshly calved cows in in that collection iykwim... happy out

our meal purchasing group changed meal suppliers last week, i got a load on monday and milk has gone through the roof , up 100 gallons in 1 collection , with no freshly calved cows in in that collection iykwim... happy out

Cool, who is the supplier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Our cows must be the fussiest b##ches in the world then - because if we changed meal like that they would literally have a s##t fit in the parlour

was surprised that with the crappy weather they still went up...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

was surprised that with the crappy weather they still went up...

Come on whelan name and shame;). Happened me too years ago, but I reckon the new supplier gave me a really top spec ration, not the stuff I ordered, same thing could be happening you?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Is the SFP due on the 16th?

5live wrote: »
    Is the SFP due on the 16th?
    afaik payments to start on the 17th:D the countdown is on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cran

afaik payments to start on the 17th:D the countdown is on

We'll see if its on time....
    had an issue with Reps last week and called them to see if it was sorted was told 'yes perfect no problem, wouldn't affect you for the payments when they start in Mid November'
    Said I thought it was end of October, 'o yes yes sorry sorry begining end of October' :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Cran wrote: »
    We'll see if its on time....
    had an issue with Reps last week and called them to see if it was sorted was told 'yes perfect no problem, wouldn't affect you for the payments when they start in Mid November'
    Said I thought it was end of October, 'o yes yes sorry sorry begining end of October' :rolleyes:

They didn't mention a year, did they? :D

johngalway wrote: »
    They didn't mention a year, did they? :D
    John that's not funny. :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

blue5000 wrote: »
    John that's not funny. :(:(:(

I'm waiting (for certain payments) like everyone else ;) I have just given up on believing anything that's said about payment deadlines, they're mostly made up!

gotcha,

anybody else up with ohe eye on the rugby?

blue5000 wrote: »
    gotcha,

anybody else up with ohe eye on the rugby?

yes..its tough viewing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cran

well thats it tough, beaten by a great Welsh team I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Ah well, beaten by a better team. Fook it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lizard_Moon

Gutted :-(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

good Welsh team maybe, but disappointing display from the boys in green,

think they were looking too far ahead and taking this one for granted, serious questions in the defence

anyhow proud of them and well gone lads for getting this far,

the game against austrailia was awesome , bit disappointed but sure thats life , they did well to get that far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

It reminds me a bit of the last few years in hurling. Overall Kilkenny are slightly better than Tipp. However they're never going to win all the time, hence Tipp's Ireland last year. That's not taking from Tipp, they are still a brilliant team.

Look at Wales and Ireland. A missed kick by Wales and Ireland won the Grand Slam. That must still rankle with them. Then Gatland gets verbal and they get beaten. Watch out for the bite of the wounded dog.

I still reckon Ireland are better but Wales got it spot on, possibly had that slight bit more motivation, and won it fair and square.

Now O'Gara, its not the first time he's had a poor game when really needed. He performs brilliantly for the last 20minutes. After all the hype he again only did alright, a few diasappointing kicks in behind. Now I'm not saying if Johnny was on we would have won, just pointing out ROG isn't the be-all and end-all people make him out to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

the welsh defence was ememence and that what it came down to in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Just back from Clare Island buying the non needed Winter stock. Jaysus there's some great auld characters out there! And if I drink any more tea......I'll burst.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

just back from thomond park, while there got a call to say my son sustained a broken wrist in a challenge match,

overall not a great day in my sporting calendar :(

• Advertisement

I was at Ballinasloe Fair for a few hours yesterday. Every second stall appeared too be selling Siphon pipes. They were extremely popular with the 18 - 30 year old lads who "park outside the door of Tesco" IYKWIM.

I was trying to explain to my father in law what they were, but he said that they were just young lads having fun. He changed his tune when I told him that they use the siphon pipes to rob diesel and heating oil from the likes of him.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/8/41/596/28026/ITEM/Atlantis-Siphon-Pump.aspx

Was in at the Ballinasloe Fair myself yesterday. Seen those syphon pipes also, you couldn't but!

Bought a pair of these work trousers. They're not bad quality to be honest.

http://www.tuffstuffworkwear.co.uk/castle-tuffstuff-work-trouser-711/

Alot of lads there selling Dewalt and JCB work boots. I wonder are they the real deal? Didn't even bother looking at them

Muckit wrote: »
    Was in at the Ballinasloe Fair myself yesterday. Seen those syphon pipes also, you couldn't but!

Bought a pair of these work trousers. They're not bad quality to be honest.

http://www.tuffstuffworkwear.co.uk/castle-tuffstuff-work-trouser-711/

Alot of lads there selling Dewalt and JCB work boots. I wonder are they the real deal? Didn't even bother looking at them
    Bought a pair of them trousers up there last year and got another pair there last monday. Best 20 quid I ever spent:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

had the hedges cut last week,going out now to replace the stakes he broke,not his fault they were on their last legs anyway.hope the ground is soft enough for the loader to push them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Got two pairs of these in france a few weeks back.

They're supposed to be hunting pants, but they make damm fine work pants too.

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/steppe-100-green-trousers-id_8155541.html

• Advertisement

got a compliment from my old lad today, said in his 37 years on this farm he has never seen as good a grass here as this year:D

got a compliment from my old lad today, said in his 37 years on this farm he has never seen as good a grass here as this year:D

... well twas either you or the weather :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Nice to get the odd compliment my old lad would be very slow to hand them out he is alot quicker with criticism's though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Muckit wrote: »
    ... well twas either you or the weather :D
    Muckit thats along the lines he would use :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

maize being put in the pit as i type. about 400 tons hauled 8 miles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Well the revolution has begun. 300 farmers occupied Johnstown Castle today in protest at late payments. I imagine the SFP will be in our accounts on time next week:D

i read on breaking news that 2 people where taken to hospital!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭case 5150

dar31 wrote: »
    maize being put in the pit as i type. about 400 tons hauled 8 miles

lucky u must have no rain. de ducks re drowning round me. i wont cutting my maize for a while yet even tho it fit bu ground too soft

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭mallethead

Just wondering if anyone has bought from this man and how they got on?
    Will they be stupid money

see an ad on done deal for a fresh calved heifer for €12,000:D.. to me it is obviously a mis print unless there is some thing i am missing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement