Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

jay gatsby wrote: »
    Yowza!
    early christmas present for ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

reilig wrote: »
    Can't even get the tractor up the gentle slope out of the yard. Just sits there with the 4 wheels spinning!

I always find a rougher finish left on concrete yards leaves better grip!!!! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

Any one know the date in which ya store FYM in a feild again for Zone B ?

All I know is that its some date in Jan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Muckit wrote: »
    I always find a rougher finish left on concrete yards leaves better grip!!!! :D:D

Its SMA ;)

• Advertisement

Bodacious wrote: »
    Ella is off the charts !!!

There's an interview with the lovely Ella in the health &Lifestyle supplement of the Indo today for all you loyal Ella fans!! ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

A cow I sold to a neighbour was on the telly tonight. She was on ICA Bootcamp.
    So proud of her 15 seconds of fame!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

polod wrote: »
    Any one know the date in which ya store FYM in a feild again for Zone B ?

All I know is that its some date in Jan :D

15th of Jan

whelan1 wrote: »
    anyone see ellamc sweeny on lotto draw, my husband said she didnt leave too much to the imagination:eek:

he must not get out much, nowadays little is lots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

15th of Jan

Thanks Bob

• Advertisement

cat got run over:o not by me, its dead... had just bought loads of cat food yesterday, my daughter loved the cat as she has a total fear of dogs after being attacked last year, will have to tell her now when she gets back from school, they had bought xmas presents for the cat:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

cat got run over:o not by me, its dead... had just bought loads of cat food yesterday, my daughter loved the cat as she has a total fear of dogs after being attacked last year, will have to tell her now when she gets back from school, they had bought xmas presents for the cat:cool:
    Feck, that's unfortunate. :(

New cat for Christmas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

not trying to dance on the poor cats grave but you wouldnt have to go too far to pick up a kitten or a small cat, sure every farm on the country is full of them, might soften the blow to have a new little fur ball ready

this was a kitten , born during the summer, his brother got run over too.... will see how we go when she gets home, we have a good few wild cats around the farm but the mother rejected these 2 kittens and we took them in to the house

phew, she said can we get another one a black one, i said after christmas, so alls well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

phew, she said can we get another one a black one, i said after christmas, so alls well

Pragmatic Farmers daughter then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Oh feck, that's not nice. Dunno what I'd do if my Kovu got run over.

Karen112 wrote: »
    Oh feck, that's not nice. Dunno what I'd do if my Kovu got run over.

its all part of the education of life for young kids nowadays as most are kept in cotton wool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I fully agree Bob charles. I have a 6 year old nephew and he is as hard as nails, up on till his pets are involved. Had to have a disposal sale of his goats a few weeks back:rolleyes:. He still thinks there out in one of the fields. is mother has to tell him :D

its all part of the education of life for young kids nowadays as most are kept in cotton wool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

I fully agree Bob charles. I have a 6 year old nephew and he is as hard as nails, up on till his pets are involved. Had to have a disposal sale of his goats a few weeks back:rolleyes:. He still thinks there out in one of the fields. is mother has to tell him :D
    i know I shouldnt but I laughed when I read this :p

• Advertisement

thats a bit like my sons maron cocks that we put in the skip... i told him a lad gave me €20 for them , he was dead chuffed, wanted to buy more with the money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Laff away :D, you wount mind he made a profit on the goats, (650%) when he realises.

thats a bit like my sons maron cocks that we put in the skip... i told him a lad gave me €20 for them , he was dead chuffed, wanted to buy more with the money

'Did you hear the one about the mother that put the young lad's cock in the skip.....?'

Put your most imaginative punch lines on a post card and send to:

Whelan1
    Co. Louth

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Muckit wrote: »
    'Did you hear the one about the mother that put the young lad's cock in the skip.....?'

Put your most imaginative punch lines on a post card and send to:

Whelan1
    Co. Louth

:D:D

Its certainly up there with the "Spare Cocks" thread:D;)

I'm leaving to go back home for Christmas today:D:D

Cannot wait to get back and throw the cat outside, put the feet up in front of the fire and eat Roses 'til they come out of my ears.
    Happy Christmas to all ye Farming Boardsies, and hope we all stay safe over the Christmas period:)

my husband is gone to collect 2 new kittens , as a surprise for when kids get home

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Karen112 wrote: »
    I'm leaving to go back home for Christmas today:D:D

Cannot wait to get back and throw the cat outside, put the feet up in front of the fire and eat Roses 'til they come out of my ears.
    Happy Christmas to all ye Farming Boardsies, and hope we all stay safe over the Christmas period:)

Many happy returns, more of a Quality street man myself:D, they don't come out my ears though:confused::confused:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

the guillotine (sp) door on the keenan feeder was bent ,so my husband and the lad that works here decided to go at it yesterday. Said it would only take an hour 5 hours later:) tempers where getting frayed , the bolt that holds the door in place in the middle was gone, got anew bolt , the bars of the inside of the feeder where hitting the bolt, they also had to weld the brackets that hold the door ...all fixed now:D the feed was coming out the door when filling etc.... say it would have cost a fair bit ti get keenans to fix it

cows milked, 5 cubicle sheds sawdusted, silage troughs cleaned out, calves fed all before 9am, now to clean the house:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Happy Christmas folks!
    Thanks for the Opinions, Wisdom and Humour throughout the year.
    Farming is 365 days of the year. Keep her lit and be safe out there:D

happy christmas from me and ours to you and yours... thanks for listening to me during the year:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

cows milked, 5 cubicle sheds sawdusted, silage troughs cleaned out, calves fed all before 9am, now to clean the house:o

:eek::eek:

Now your only posting that to make the rest of us look bad :o

Happy Christmas folks...
    Particularly magic for those of us blessed enough to still have Santa calling round tonight... It's fever pitch round here now !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Happy christmas everyone. Hope its peaceful and pleasant.

We just took delivery of our conacht agri drainage pipes and spent the morning stacking them safely away from prying eyes. We will get them in the ground when it dries out in spring.

Its been a good year on farms across the country with beef and dairy prices very favourable. Hope the trend continues for 2012.

Have the ham on the range and the turkey in the oven and the mini kegs of heiniken on ice. Hopefully all will be palatable tomorrow.

Enjoy!!

got a local young lad to make a hen coop for my son who is 10... a hell of a job. got 2 hens to go in it... coop is very heavy , wonder how santa will put it in situ!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 same 130

happy christmas to all.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭PMU

have a happy and safe christmas everyone. pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Christmas morning here and I'm having irrigation problems, not a smooth start to the day but things will get better. Merry Christmas to all enjoy the day with family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

got a local young lad to make a hen coop for my son who is 10... a hell of a job. got 2 hens to go in it... coop is very heavy , wonder how santa will put it in situ!

Great present, I must keep that one in the memory bank for a few years time. Mine are 4 and 2 so really enjoying Christmas this year. I've them wound up to the last. They're going to be exhausted by bedtime so there is no fear of them giving Santa a surprise later on;).

Happy Christmas to all on here and looking forward to a few more good debates in the New Year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

C0N0R wrote: »
    Christmas morning here and I'm having irrigation problems, not a smooth start to the day but things will get better. Merry Christmas to all enjoy the day with family and friends.

I take it you're not in Ireland then;). Happy Christmas to you and all the Irish where ever you are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Nollaig Shona daoibh go léir !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 spt88

happy christmas to all and i wish you all a very prosporous 2012 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

C0N0R wrote: »
    Christmas morning here and I'm having irrigation problems,.

I'm pretty sure the doctor can give you tablets for that :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

‎*.˛.°★。˛ °.★** *★* *˛.
    ˛ °_██_*。*./ \ .˛* .˛.*.★*MERRY CHRISTMAS*★ 。*
    ˛. (´• ̮•)*˛°*/.♫.♫\*˛.* ˛_Π_____. * ˛*
    .°( . • . ) ˛°./• '♫ ' •\.˛*./______/~\*. ˛*.。˛* ˛. *。
    *(...'•'.. ) *˛╬╬╬╬╬˛°.|田田 |門|╬╬╬╬ .

and hope that 2012 brings you all Good Health and Prosperity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭foxylock

Well lads happy christmas to one and all, now go to sleep or santy wont come!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Happy Christmas one and all. Remember it all started in the first century equivilent of a slatted shed with a baby in a feed trough.

doesnt sound so romantic now does it? :D

Have a good one!

bbam wrote: »

I may just have woken the entire house laughing!!:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭C0N0R

bbam wrote: »

Cheers for that! Dodgy curry last nite!

santa came! despite false starts at 11.30pm, 1.45am, 3am and 5am he had eventually come at half 6:D, i was out milking at 6 so i came in to see them seeing the presents, all thrilled... phew its done for another year, was really afraid of the eldest lad seeing me in his room... happy christmas one and all cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

What's the first thIng a farmer unwraps on Christmas morning?

A round bale of silage

Merry christmas everybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

Happy christmas hope next years farming is twice as good as last.
    Stayed up late last nite and drank a bottle of wine with santa so tired now
    must go out to wish cows happy christmas

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement