Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

hope rte put up the right numbers so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

leg wax wrote: »
    see in the indo yesterday that milk price may come under pressure because of increased prodution in 2 other countries,they were saying 1 cent of a drop,2015-16 will be interesting when europe turns on the tap.

This is only the start of serious volitility, this year milk price will be down 3 cent on last years average which will be around 30cent/litre. NO tap will be turned on in europe as the little dribble extra that we send will be lost in europe's production or lack of it. expect US and south america to drive world production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

snowman707 wrote: »
    and lamb are supposed to come under a bit of pressure

What's the basis of the speculation on lamb price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

johngalway wrote: »

What's the basis of the speculation on lamb price?
    i didnt post that john:eek:.christ i like a bit of lamb:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

weefarmer wrote: »
    Our Ella is looking well on.the lotto tonight again :D

Here spot..... datta good girl. pat pat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

also contians potassium and niacin

energy levels aren't the issue

rolled 1 cow with DA and sm tubed her to day hopefully coffee and stimulex with sort her from here on.

What exact problems are you having so, most problems after calving related to the diet pre calving

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Finno59

can anyone tell me what these dark blue coloured gandules are in the 10-10-20. was spreading some today have'nt noticed them before
    20120216111754.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/20120216111754.jpg/

leg wax wrote: »
    i didnt post that john:eek:.christ i like a bit of lamb:D

Lol, sorry about that LW, I was on my phone when I posted that, fat fingers and small screens don't mix, fixed now :o:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Finno59 wrote: »
    can anyone tell me what these dark blue coloured gandules are in the 10-10-20. was spreading some today have'nt noticed them before
    20120216111754.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/72/20120216111754.jpg/
    Looks like limestone chips to me, did you see if they are soluble in your mouth? If not, thats what they are:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

blue5000 wrote: »
    Looks like limestone chips to me, did you see if they are soluble in your mouth? If not, thats what they are:D

Careful Blue......he could soon be out selling them Saturday night!:D

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    no they were'nt soluble in a glass of water anyway. If they are limstone should they be there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Got a belle petrol mixer in Galway for €280 today, god bless donedeal :D

Finno59 wrote: »
    no they were'nt soluble in a glass of water anyway. If they are limstone should they be there?

well in 10-10-20 there is 600kgs per ton of carrier material of some sort. what sort of material the carrier has often been questioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

i see even more people using donedeal to advertise about con men,tools cars etc stolen

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3018722

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Export buyers were back with a bang for the Belgian Blues this evening in Mohill. Any BB bull 350kg had no problem making between Eur1200 and Eur1400. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭foxylock

First lamb of the season today and I brought it away in a plastic bag ..... abortion. I reckon toxoplasmosis but can't be 100% sure. Should I kill the fuppin cat tomorrow? Fairly cheesed off this evening coming off the hill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

good man Red,

I did exactly the same last year, E 60 a week from local hire shop, bought it for e300 on DD, I got the older model with metal running gear which is supposidely better as 2010 onwards belle gone from the plastic back to the metal. Came in from Uk it's so so handy and goes bang on first time on the button... Money well spent ... Think of it after 5 weeks hire , it's yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Dupont wrote: »
    i see even more people using donedeal to advertise about con men,tools cars etc stolen

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3018722

fair play and I hope he does have the plate of the thief but I'd say, someone saw a scania in the vicinty and he is chancing his arm, poor devil ... If I had the plate I'd be letting the boys in blue do their business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

The boys in blue are useless. got the reg off the car of the second time i got robbed. i was able to find out within 40 mins where the lads lived. identified the lads off facebook (some crooks are really thick)and told cops. they called out to visit them four days later and came back to me with some bull story of how the lads had sold the car onto some foreigners and hadnt got the tax book changed over, wouldnt even pull them in for me to identify. cops just couldnt be arsed. same crack with my trailer i identified two weeks ago. the body was mine but because the chasis belonged to them it was too much hassle. I know i wont be going to them again if anything similar happens. The cops know who does mos things but just couldnt be arsed cause they lost there overtime and now just do the bare minimum to cover there own arse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 same 130

1chippy wrote: »
    The boys in blue are useless. got the reg off the car of the second time i got robbed. i was able to find out within 40 mins where the lads lived. identified the lads off facebook (some crooks are really thick)and told cops. they called out to visit them four days later and came back to me with some bull story of how the lads had sold the car onto some foreigners and hadnt got the tax book changed over, wouldnt even pull them in for me to identify. cops just couldnt be arsed. same crack with my trailer i identified two weeks ago. the body was mine but because the chasis belonged to them it was too much hassle. I know i wont be going to them again if anything similar happens. The cops know who does mos things but just couldnt be arsed cause they lost there overtime and now just do the bare minimum to cover there own arse.
    powder and lead at hi speed :D

the case in dundalk during the week just goes to show how brazen the robbers really are, was delighted that the house owner wasnt charged in the court, was shocked that the robber got so much compensation and still brought him to court

whelan1 wrote: »
    the case in dundalk during the week just goes to show how brazen the robbers really are, was delighted that the house owner wasnt charged in the court, was shocked that the robber got so much compensation and still brought him to court

His sister was on the radio this morning. She was defending her brother, the thief. She said that he was traumatised after the incident and deserved the compensation. Priorities are wrong somewhere!

so what are you supposed to do, just let them at it?

so what are you supposed to do, just let them at it?

I know what I'd do. It wouldn't be as public as yer man in Dundalk. He wouldn't need the compensation after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Was talking to a chap recently who was woke at 6am to see a scumbag woking away at the diesel tank.
    He rang the guards to see what to do, he was going to go and block the gate or something.
    Guards said no way to go out and they would deal with it. They arrived hour and a half later when the coast was clear. Plates were false.

• Advertisement

was shocked that the robber got so much compensation and still brought him to court

I was disgusted that he got any at all. He was fleeing from a crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

johngalway wrote: »
    I was disgusted that he got any at all. He was fleeing from a crime.

Exactly - the f##ker should be locked up not bloody compensated

Makes a mockery of the legal system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Bodacious wrote: »

good man Red,

I did exactly the same last year, E 60 a week from local hire shop, bought it for e300 on DD, I got the older model with metal running gear which is supposidely better as 2010 onwards belle gone from the plastic back to the metal. Came in from Uk it's so so handy and goes bang on first time on the button... Money well spent ... Think of it after 5 weeks hire , it's yours!
    I was thinking you couldn't really go wrong for that money. It the kind of a thing you would always have use for and if you kept it for ten years and minded it it would probably still be worth the same money. Tia clean too, started first pull and still a bit of paint on the inside of the drum. Might give it a service now. When you tilt the mixer forward do you fill the oil up level with the cap or how do know what level to fill it to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,593 ✭✭✭stanflt

just in from feeding all the stock- did six mixes with the diet feeder- think ill go and get married now:)

stanflt wrote: »
    think ill go and get married now:)

Best of luck!

Hope you have a great day!!

remember you walk up the aisle with all your land and you're linked back down with only half of it!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

best of luck, have a great day:D

And I taught I was having a bad day, Rather you than me mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Have a great day and life together.

Oh the memories :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

just in from feeding all the stock- did six mixes with the diet feeder- think ill go and get married now:)

Best of luck stan, you do know that marrying her is the best way to reduce a woman's sex drive by 50%:eek:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭weefarmer

Best of luck stan! Every euro is only worth 50c now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Best of luck Stan - Congratulations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Stanflt,

You've still time to get away. Well, 5 mins anyway..........:D

Good luck Stan ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Best wishes. Your probably hitched at this stage! ;) May the drawbar never break, like that Ruscon! Enjoy the festivities!

best of luck,enjoy the day ,what other profession would go to work first on the day they get married,its not a job,we all love it:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭limo_100

best of luck lad..... is there no invite for the boardies:D

anyone know where the reception is been held we could all send him a best of luck from boards at speech time.

As the mother would say ' time enough to a bad market' :D. have a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

I was thinking you couldn't really go wrong for that money. It the kind of a thing you would always have use for and if you kept it for ten years and minded it it would probably still be worth the same money. Tia clean too, started first pull and still a bit of paint on the inside of the drum. Might give it a service now. When you tilt the mixer forward do you fill the oil up level with the cap or how do know what level to fill it to?

is it a belle mixer? subarau,robin honda engine? mine is subarau engine and you keep the plate the engine sits on level and check the front or back dipstick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

good luck stan,
    could you not have put in for a sick day if all your holidays are used up!!!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Had a cow calved last night when i went to check the cubicles. Cow fine but the calf not. Fused back legs and twisted spine and tail fused onto her back. Fine other than that:rolleyes:.

Milked the cow and fed the calf and rang the vet to put her down. Vet says he gets 5 or 6 a year like that but cow dies too as the legs puncture the womb when calving. Dont know whether to feel happy or sad:(

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭porter shark

reilig wrote: »
    Export buyers were back with a bang for the Belgian Blues this evening in Mohill. Any BB bull 350kg had no problem making between Eur1200 and Eur1400. :D

what exporters buy up there ted? just wondering if our lads in galway will have the same hunger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

what exporters buy up there ted? just wondering if our lads in galway will have the same hunger?

There were four different buyers from a certain midland exporter anyway. One from Sligo and some Northern ones that only arrive for the special sale.

Odd day.

I was :mad: finding wool on the barbed wire, ewe lamb has jumped and gone to the hill, seeing how she's not from that hill it'll be fun trying to find her. Looked for three or four hours.

Home for grub, planned to go back but instead went to check the other sheep. 3 ewes I'd been looking for turned up completely out of the blue after being AWOL for three weeks from the rest of the flock.

Maddening critters sheep :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I read this earlier on in the day and didn't make the connection.....Sharp as a sausage I am!
    The very best of good luck to you and Mrs Stan!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement