Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farming Chit Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Kovu Murr wrote: »
    img00397201204251446.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here ya go!:D

Looks better than that black lump of rubber anyway:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

we are making boots for sheep with sore feet,and now we are wearing their tags what next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

leg wax wrote: »
    we are making boots for sheep with sore feet,and now we are wearing their tags what next

Sheep hats to keep the flies off:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Thanks for putting it up, you shoudda left it in for a week! I always stare when I see ppl with the plug and the big round hole, if I met you on the street I'd have to go over and chat:o:o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Thanks for putting it up, you shoudda left it in for a week! I always stare when I see ppl with the plug and the big round hole, if I met you on the street I'd have to go over and chat:o:o

Crap, that's got my over-active mind thinking........
    If I left one in for a week, would people contribute to charity for it?
    Would certainly be an unusual one!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

is it in backwards?wrong way around?

No,

@ Karen, I presume you have your dispatch document & register updated as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

:rolleyes:

Least I haven't progressed to calf tags....yet.

If you do progress to cattle tags does that mean we can look you up on ICBF and see your star rating?:)

Crap, that's got my over-active mind thinking........
    If I left one in for a week, would people contribute to charity for it?
    Would certainly be an unusual one!:P

You could put a fly repellent tag in the other ear for the summer, that's if we get a summer:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭limo_100

and dont forget to put in your BVD tag aswell karen because ud never know what ud be carrying :D

I doubt my ears have ever been discussed in so much detail......:o

snowman707 wrote: »
    No,

@ Karen, I presume you have your dispatch document & register updated as well

Yea, have the white sheet here for the new owner:D
    Bizzum wrote: »
    If you do progress to cattle tags does that mean we can look you up on ICBF and see your star rating?:)

5 star maternal and fertility? ;)
    blue5000 wrote: »
    You could put a fly repellent tag in the other ear for the summer, that's if we get a summer:cool:

Should be for fleas, mothers cat just had kittens....so suspicion is being pointed at my cat.
    limo_100 wrote: »
    and dont forget to put in your BVD tag aswell karen because ud never know what ud be carrying :D

Fleas. Definitely fleas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Some lad from the Dept arrive to your front door to count everyone in the house before you get your SFP :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

a guy came yesterday to buy a bull, he bought one afew years ago and was very happy, while he was there he decided to buy 2, so happy days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

Well done good go for blacks this year again sold last two this week happy with price and going to repeat homes tg

Had about as close a shave as I want today, will have pics later when I hobble home!

latest protein test was 3.50%... never had protein that high at this time of year

whelan1 wrote: »
    latest protein test was 3.50%... never had protein that high at this time of year

are you doing any thing different ? & have you autumn calvers involved?

our last was 3.44, all spring calved , Bf has slipped back under 4 though , not too worried about the bf as we are losing quota each on bf adjustment iykwim

have heifers coming through from an oman stock bull i had a few years ago, they seem to be making the difference , have a good few autumn calvers but also think the fact the sheep grazed the ground so well the quality of the grass is very good, our protein at this time of year would normally be around 3.3 if we are lucky

have heifers coming through from an oman stock bull i had a few years ago, they seem to be making the difference , have a good few autumn calvers but also think the fact the sheep grazed the ground so well the quality of the grass is very good, our protein at this time of year would normally be around 3.3 if we are lucky

the sheep will give quality swarth ok

for argument sake let's we are getting 30c/ltr for 3.3p, can any one tell me how much is .1% p worth ?

ie if the test was 3.4 how much extra would we get?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭wesleysniper38

Its lookin like a bad couple of days down the country. It makes some change when the North West is getting off light!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

a guy came yesterday to buy a bull, he bought one afew years ago and was very happy, while he was there he decided to buy 2
    jerdee wrote: »
    sold last two this week

Shocking indictment of the Angus breed when you have to go down the BOGOF route:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jerdee

Bizzum wrote: »
    a guy came yesterday to buy a bull, he bought one afew years ago and was very happy, while he was there he decided to buy 2
    jerdee wrote: »
    sold last two this week

Shocking indictment of the Angus breed when you have to go down the BOGOF route:D:D

had to look up that meaning.........maybe tesco but cheques have cleared......haha

thunder and lightening at 5am, hate it

I'm the opposite, I love it. One time in Budapest the thunder was so intense it felt like it was shaking the three storey building I was in, had to be dragged away from the window watching for lightning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭wesleysniper38

Crackin day here again. Blue skies and sunshine :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 90 ✭✭patrickn

Blue skies and sunshine here in the West but hard North wind is stifling growth.

• Advertisement

electricity has been off for hours, just back on now... lightening hit something or other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

I knew there was something missing at the shed but I jsut couldn't put my finger on it:rolleyes: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3124938

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

just do it wrote: »
    I knew there was something missing at the shed but I jsut couldn't put my finger on it:rolleyes: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/tractors/3124938

Right job, no tralling through the house with mucky clothes ;) There was a time you'd hardly get the tiles for it let alone the suite and mass concrete structure.

Now farmers can have a hotel bathroom suite in their own yard, who would have thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Man of Aran

Ad says "cancelled order for a LUXURY hotel" .... don't know about that but it looks to me like the typical 'plug and play' modules installed in any 2 or 3 star Tokyo suburban motel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Ad says "cancelled order for a LUXURY hotel" .... don't know about that but it looks to me like the typical 'plug and play' modules installed in any 2 or 3 star Tokyo suburban motel.

I'd say it's Flemings from Cork, they custom made blocks upon blocks of apartments in Stepaside and Sandyford, apartment lands on a truck in three pods, looks awful like that's the bathroom pod!

• Advertisement

so are these bathrooms going to clean themselves? only moving the problem from one area to another imo

so are these bathrooms going to clean themselves? only moving the problem from one area to another imo

Powerhose :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

No need to clean, flushes straight into the slatted tank :)

see thats the woman in me thinking of cleaning !;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Anyone know the cost of the long yellow plastic PTO cover? It's for pz hay bob I'm going selling , need to replace plastic on it!

Need to run whizzer on it, clean it back and paint it up also and replace the springs!!

50-60 e last time I looked, but bareco ones are dearer, round 80 ish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

off to get plastered. OH is getting her broken ankle xrayed again. 3 weeks since she did the damage thanks to the GAA :mad:. Least she will be back for the turf season :D

2 cases of brucellosis in seperate farms in monaghan recently, i cant understand the easing of the bloodrules, took so long to get a grip on this disease, are we going to let it destroy us again:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

2 cases of brucellosis in seperate farms in monaghan recently, i cant understand the easing of the bloodrules, took so long to get a grip on this disease, are we going to let it destroy us again:confused:

One round Cavan recently. Was with a lad the other day and aparrenty his neighbour had a case.

just in from doing a section on a cow ,she had a twisted womb,bull calf out alive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

just in from doing a section on a cow ,she had a twisted womb,bull calf out alive.

Good stuff!

did you do the section yourself:D

just in from doing a section on a cow

ah now now, tell the truth.... the vet did the section, you just watched!! :D:D

Joking aside, good to have a live cow and calf out of it ;)

did you do the section yourself:D
    snap ;)

ok the vet helped:o

So any details/pics for us?

A BB calf anyway I'd say out of a .........
    LM X cow ?

But your assistance was crucial and invaluable to the over all effort :D

Muckit wrote: »
    So any details/pics for us?

A BB calf anyway I'd say out of a .........
    LM X cow ?
    no your wrong ,a ch from my new neigbours bull out of a blonde , her second calf.

johngalway wrote: »
    But your assistance was crucial and invaluable to the over all effort :D
    oh christ i was invaluable to him john,i held her tail :D

• Advertisement

see thats the woman in me thinking of cleaning !;)

Don't be so sexiest Whelan1, men clean too.......

occasionally :D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement