Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet broadband - IP cameras not working

Options
  • 12-02-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭

I'm having no joy on the IP camera / Magnet router front.

I've got the camera(s) working fine on the LAN - and if I use the port checker at http://www.dyndns.com/support/tools/openport.html it tells me either:
    An attempted connection to 87.XXX.XX.XXX:80 was refused. This typically indicates that there are no services available on that port, but that it is NOT being blocked by a firewall or your ISP.

or
    An attempted connection to 87.XXX.XX.XXX:80 timed out. This typically indicates that traffic to that port is being actively blocked by either a firewall or your ISP.

If I view from outside the LAN, I'm not seeing anything. Same story with custom dyndns.org addresses for the IP addresses.

The cameras are wireless, running on the Magnet router wifi, with nothing else running in that wifi zone. The router/modem is connected via ethernet to an Apple Airport Extreme router, which is set to distribute it's own range of internal IP addresses - and everything else is located within that separate range.

I'd hoped to bypass port forwarding/NAT issues by keeping the cameras in the normal/open Magnet router side of things, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

So - publically accessible IP addresses/servers from the wifi on the Magnet routers/modems - what do I need to do?

Oh - and maybe relevant, maybe not - If I run IP scanner on a mac, having connected to the Magnet wifi zone, it spits out the entire set 0 to 255 in the Magnet range of IP addresses as discreet devices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Can you telnet to that IP on port 80?
    edit: from an address outside of your lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

iRock wrote: »
    Can you telnet to that IP on port 80?
    edit: from an address outside of your lan.

I don't know tbh - can't test from here - it's 87.198.24.251:80

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

If it helps, I can't connect to that with either browser or telnet. From an eircom broadband IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You have set up port forwarding on the Magnet router to point port 80 at something, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

The Magnet router supposedly has all ports open by default. You can't change any settings on it - it's a chopped down Telsey acting in bridge mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Okay, hang on a second.

Your cameras have distinct IP addresses. Something is going to have to rewrite the incoming packets to send them on to the internal addresses. Or have I misunderstood and Magnet have given you a public subnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Magnet are notoriously bad for this kind of support, they restrict their routers in an overly strict way

Advertisement