Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the longest youv'e ever gone without showering (and why?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Clooney1 wrote: »
    16 days in a Somalian jail

Go on....

You can't say that and not tell the rest of the story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Topper Harley01

So this is why they called us the Dirty Irish. :eek:

Seriously folks, some of you need to have a proper chat with yourselves...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Post-operation, I couldn't wash properly for just over a week.

I felt absolutely disgusting from my head to my toes, and I spent more than an hour washing and shampooing and scrubbing in the shower when I finally got the chance. It was wonderful, and I still remember how fresh and clean I felt afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

10 days, driving New York to San Diego in a van with 4 other males. Also the longest I've ever gone without sleeping in a bed or shaving.

Zaph wrote: »
    3 months. I had both legs in plaster and couldn't get the wheelchair into the shower.

After 3 months you must have smelled like all 6 of these combined http://socyberty.com/issues/the-six-worst-smells-in-the-world/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

Dudess wrote: »
    Two days - music festival in France. Misery.

Three superfluous words, surely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

Never took my boots off for nine months one time. Let alone showered.

Why not? Obviously, the balance of my mind was completely shot to rat sh!t :rolleyes:

I actually have photo's of my feet, the day I arbitrarily decided to unlace my boots. I'd post them here, if we could.

Possibly best we can't, eh? Perhaps better suited to the Zombie board?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

When I was in the intensive care unit for 2 weeks.

The nurses washed my hair and gave sponge baths so that was not too bad but my hands both had IV/Artery Lines in them so I could not get them wet. When I finally got the lines out and was able to wash they smelled horrendous and I scrubbed too hard and the scab came off and I squirted blood all over the bathroom.

It was quite spectacular. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Kerikosan

couple of days at best, electric picnic I had a hot shower early each mourning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

3 Days this Jan, no water in the house. My friend finally let me come over and borrow his.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

when living in the bush of oz doing mineral exploration - 6 days. I had built up protective layer of grime and uranium dust on my skin by the end, reducing the need for suncream.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Ditch wrote: »
    Never took my boots off for nine months one time. Let alone showered.

Why not? Obviously, the balance of my mind was completely shot to rat sh!t :rolleyes:

I actually have photo's of my feet, the day I arbitrarily decided to unlace my boots. I'd post them here, if we could.

Possibly best we can't, eh? Perhaps better suited to the Zombie board?

I wanna see! Stick them up with a warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

About 3 or 4 days at a scorching hot festival in France. Felt f*cking mouldy to say the least. By the end of it I thought I had a pretty sweet tan, turned out to be mostly dirt. The shower when I got back to my hostel was the best shower of my life hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

3 days, Electric Picnic 2007. I felt mank!

I know someone who backpacked around the world some years ago and didn't shower for at least six weeks.

Now he's back in Ireland, the same thing seems to apply; he smells like rotten mushrooms most of the time. Bleugh

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

1 day! A seriously hungover Sunday!
    If I couldn't shower in the morning I'd ring in sick to work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Ditch

wyndham wrote: »
    I wanna see! Stick them up with a warning.

:D Wyndham, you're in luck! I've just figured out that we can upload pictures here. They just don't display in the post, right? Probably just as well. They ain't pretty.

I've just lifted the shot from my Blog, where I told the whole story. I'd give ye a direct link, only this place will break the URL because my full handle contains the 'sh' word :rolleyes:

Never mind. At least ye can get a taste of them, below :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

A week when I stayed in Limerick once. When in Rome....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

4 days at a music festival. Just used babywipes and had a quick clean at the sinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭SparkyTech

Just choked on my brunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

One of my mates went 6 weeks without a shower while on J1 in California.

His argument was that he was in the pool/sea everyday (also, we dared him not to shower)

We all thought he had black hair, then he showered. Turns out it's brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I'd say over a week just out of pure not being bothered, inconvenience of hot water at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

:D Wyndham, you're in luck! I've just figured out that we can upload pictures here. They just don't display in the post, right? Probably just as well. They ain't pretty.

I've just lifted the shot from my Blog, where I told the whole story. I'd give ye a direct link, only this place will break the URL because my full handle contains the 'sh' word :rolleyes:

If you didn't take off your boots, you also didn't change your trousers/underwear for those months?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

I did a year before with a shower at Christmas and possibly a shower on my birthday. More of a musty smell all over and nobody ever commented or never noticed anyone moving away. Led a fairly solitary exixtence at the time though without a lot of interaction. Smell from my groin was pungent but pleasing lol !!!
    I was going through a troubled time then, but now i'd say i shower every 2-3 days.

Anyone else like that - loves their own smell - it's like doing stinking farts, no?

Giselle wrote: »
    Post-operation, I couldn't wash properly for just over a week

Which way did you go: man --> woman, or woman --> man?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

benwavner wrote: »
    10 days in 40 degree heat in Africa doing foot patrols/mobile patrols in towns that people have never heard of.

All things combined it was a very sweatty experience. I forgot my babywipes.

Anyway..ended up with a bad case of crotch rot, either side of my balls were cut from the friction which in turn got infected and discharged smelly green goo.

When I eventually was able to shower, it was sooooo feckin painful, i ended up on my knees crying in the shower like the scene from the Crying game.
    Same happened me. My crotch was the countries biggest exporter of cottage cheese for about a week. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Sometimes go the weekend without showering. Get legless on Friday. Crawl out of bed on Saturday and just lounge on the couch watching football. Throw on the same duds if I need to go to the shop. Repeat the process saturday/sunday. By then I am fairly scummy so definitely have a good scrub for work on Monday.

Also if I'm sick in bed I don't have a shower for a few days. But I generally only get colds or flu that last about 48 hours. Rarely sicker for longer periods than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Oxegen 2005. Got home after no sleep or shower for 4 days and ate a bit and washed. Was just crawling into bed when I got a phone call from the parents (on holiday). Had to get up and turn hay before it could be bailed straight away. Long story cut short anyway I fell asleep at the wheel and drove diagonally down the field ruining my work and almost putting the tractor into a ditch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭HooterSnout

What's a shower?

Had to get up and turn hay before it could be bailed straight away

Wha?

You sound like a rapper.

• Advertisement

Advertisement