Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joomla Adminsistrator site showing directory listing

• 12-02-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭

Friend was trying to add some content to their joomla website but when they go to the administrator page they get a file listing instead of the admin login.

They tried to contact their web designer but bounce backs from his email and phone number is disconnected.

He gave me the passwords to have a look but I'm not a joomla guy.
    As the site is working it seems to me that the admin has been turned off or permissions changed?

I'm worried that everyone can get access to the site and change things.

Any ideas? If someone thinks it is a big problem and requires several hours work I can post as a job in Adverts or situations vacant.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Sean^DCT4

Normally the default Joomla admin URL login is www.site.com/administrator ..

Is the site up and running? Is it shared hosting? If so, raise a ticket with the hosting company as opposed to contacting the web designer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Yes site is up and running.

I believe the site is with register365.

I was thinking of register365 and I will contact them but it looks like a joomla configuration issue to me.

Thanks for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

sounds like you might have an index.html file in your administrator directory which is the default file to be opened.

try typing www.site.com/administrator/index.php

404 file not found :confused:

without being smart,

did you replace the site.com bit in my string with the address of your webpage

• Advertisement

did you replace the site.com bit in my string with the address of your webpage

I did.

not sure so.

best log in to your hosting file manager and see the structure is there.

thanks for all your help. The index.php file was missing. All working now.
    Also had a virus which I have removed.

Advertisement