Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History of the greyhound inn -the building

Options
  • 12-02-2011 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Was this an old house??

Anyone know the history of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Yes, it used to be a house. There is a book called "The Candle in the window" its about the history of what is now D15 and its a really good read and full of info about places like the Greyhound and hidden graveyards and the Luttrells etc. Im not sure where i got it from or where it can be bought but its great for anyone with an interest in the history of the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yes, it used to be a house.

Any further information stu?

I must check for this book in Blanchardstown Library thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

I will have to dig out the book and have a read again. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Useless information I have about the house is that Fr. Michael Cleary lived there for sometime when he was younger.

He came to our school around 1991/92 I think and was telling us he used to live there with his parents and they either ran the pub or something along those lines.

Saying all that you may not even know who Fr.Michael Cleary is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

It's a lovely building (on the outside at least), could be a nice landmark if it was cleaned up a bit and had the off-licence demolished.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 328 Verified rep BlanchLibrary

amdublin wrote: »
    I must check for this book in Blanchardstown Library thank you.

For info. Candle in the Window is available in Blanchardstown Library - both Lending and Reference copies.

This item can be reserved online http://library.fingalcoco.ie/cgi-bin/fingal-cat.sh and you will then be called when it is available for collection.

There are a selection of books on the Dublin 15 area available for perusal in the Local History Collection in the Reference Section.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

For info. Candle in the Window is available in Blanchardstown Library - both Lending and Reference copies.

This item can be reserved online http://library.fingalcoco.ie/cgi-bin/fingal-cat.sh and you will then be called when it is available for collection.

There are a selection of books on the Dublin 15 area available for perusal in the Local History Collection in the Reference Section.

Jebus now that's service for you!

Fair play Blanch library!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Very detailed book. Pretty amazing all the stuff thats in it.

Advertisement