Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightsaver units

• 12-02-2011 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am on a nightsaver tariff and try to do washing etc. after 11pm at night to take advantage of it, and I also have electric heating which I run for 5 or 6 hours at night, as well as the immersion for about 90 minutes to heat the water. However my night meter has barely increased for the past few weeks, and I can't understand it! Might there be a problem with the meter clock or something that my units are being recorded as 'day' usage instead?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi eclectichoney,

The nightswitch in your meter box should be displaying the correct time. If, for example, it is showing 12.20 instead of 10.20, then the night units will only activate at 2am (real time) and continue till 11am the next morning.

If you notice any such discrepancy, we can send out a technician to fix this. Your account would also be retrospectively adjusted, if necessary.

I can organise an appointment for you and it can be scheduled this week if you like; just PM me your account details and I'll look into it.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement