Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths in Science and Ag Science

Options
  • 12-02-2011 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Also proberly a duplicate but I was just wondering can anyone give me some insight into the difficulty of the maths modules that are part oh each of these degrees respectivly.

and before it is suggested I have talked to lectureres and stuff but I'd just like a student's point of view.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Ag science maths was one of the easiest things I have done in college. period.
    If you've any sort of cop on you will be fine. Can't speak for science maths, not sure what that's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

I'm in science

Maths isn't too bad. I'm not in any way maths inclined but I've found it alright

I had to do intro to maths because I did ordinary and got a B1 and it was simple

If you do alright with maths you'll do alright in first year maths, once you pick Math10090 and Math10070, the easier ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

Maths in ag science is grand, you'll have no worries if you are anyway decent at pass maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 hkeane

Thanks, was kind of freaking out as I'm moving to ordinary level after midterm!
    Maths in mocks was abismal but only did the paper to say I tried it after sticking in higher up till now.

It's good to hear it from other that it's not impossible in college. Give me sort of peace of mind saying one I try it will hopefully be ok.

Torn between ag science (animal science) and science (biological of some sort). Both UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

hkeane wrote: »
    Thanks, was kind of freaking out as I'm moving to ordinary level after midterm!
    Maths in mocks was abismal but only did the paper to say I tried it after sticking in higher up till now.

It's good to hear it from other that it's not impossible in college. Give me sort of peace of mind saying one I try it will hopefully be ok.

Torn between ag science (animal science) and science (biological of some sort). Both UCD.

If you can pass pass maths you will be absolutely fine. I finished Animal Science last year, if you want to ask any qs PM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement