Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher -> Ordinary Irish

• 12-02-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

This is a different post to the current dropping from higher to ordinary Leaving Cert Irish post.

A few weeks ago my school had us sign off the sheet that was being sent to the Dep. of Education with our subjects and levels as I'm sure every other school has done already but on that sheet it had higher Irish and i now want to drop to ordinary because the course is too big and is taking away from other subjects but can I still drop from higher to ordinary Irish now that the sheet has been signed? I know that you can change your level on the day itself by asking for the appropriate level paper that you want to take.I'm not sure but I thought that Irish was different because of the oral and whatever level you sit for the oral is the level you must take for the written exam is this correct? and can I still drop to ordinary? (I haven't had the official oral Irish exam yet.)

Any info would be great from people who know or have dropped after they signed off the sheet :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

The examiner of the oral won't know what level you're doing! So don't worry, you can still drop down as late as the day of the written exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mede

Thanks for the reply I was worried if i could or not :D

Advertisement