Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the strangest thing your dog had pooped out?

• 13-02-2011 1:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭

Whats the strangest thing your dog had pooped out? for me it was a few days ago he was acting a little strange, then we heard a big fart from the kitchen, when I ventured in I found a poo on the floor and in the center was a 4 inch rubber chicken leg:eek: from a dog toy my wife had bought, It went missing 3 weeks before the poo so he must have swallowed it at this time. We just could not believe it, you would not have known to look at him, very playful and no loss in appetite. I will never again buy a rubber toy for my dog.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Balloons, kids toys, wrappers, sticks ?! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭SophieSakura

My old dog chewed up a bright blue welly and had bits of blue in his poo for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

years ago, the family dog was under pressure to go to the loo. ma gave him something to help, prob liquid parrifin or something cant remember anyways next morning he went but something was stuck, just looked like poo so anyways my da tried to losen it and it was in fact a open safety pin. Dog was brought to vet for xrays to check for damage and not a scratch he was absolutely fine

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭teacherspet

Years ago we had a German Shepard and a Dalmatian. In play the GS pulled off the Dalmatians collar. It was missing for about 3 days. Until one day the dally did a poo and out popped the collar, name tag, buckle and all. They were both full grown so you can imagine the size of the collar.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Bits of tinsel after breaking into the christmas decorations box lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Money lol - just a couple of 1 cents thou - no notes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ours is quite boring - bits of sticks / wooden pegs

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

..bits of the SKY remote control!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Bog Bunny

You've all been very lucky!
    One of my pups had something 'thready' dangling out. I pulled, and pulled carefully, and pulled...... and pulled.... a three foot length of curtain lining! It is still tied to a tree as a reminder :-)

And then again, dogs can die from a ten pence coin that closes off the stomach exit.
    Or a corn cob, or a stone....

Some vets have a collection of the things they have removed from dogs. There should be a website with images :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

One of my cats was very kindly given the remains of the sunday roast by a well meaning family member.

A few days later, cat came up to me with a little bit of string hanging from her bum. Husband thought it was hilarious. Saying she looked like a "black cat banger". I rang the vet who told me under no circumstances to pull, apparently it can cause major damage. He advised to cut it as close to the body as possible, and keep an eye on her for a day, giving her oily foods to encourage her to go to the toilet.

Thankfully that night it was "deposited" in the litter tray.

Poor little girl :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

Telephone wires....twice. Line rental and phone replacement was getting expensive so we gave up on a landline for a while after that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

few inchs of computer cable, toilet roll insert, loads of bits of rubber, stones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

A sock.
    Remnants of wax crayons (red and blue).
    Sweet and bar wrappers.
    A balloon.
    Tennis ball felt.
    Lego.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭patsy mulcaghy

Tinfoil- bits of, not a whole roll..now that would have been impressive :pac:

A diamond earring. Had to sift through a few stools to find it though :( came out 2 days later. 2 days worth of waste seems like a lot when you have to find a diamond in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

(my wife would murder me)

Her beautiful long hair often ends up in little clumps on the bedroom floor, just before I do the hoovering. At one point, the dog obviously managed to ingest one of these little clumps while she was doing her own hoovering.

For about 3 weeks her poos were coming out all strung together like beads on 2-foot long pieces of hair. We had to bring tissues/baby wipes with us on walks to help her, otherwise it was all just dangling out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

swollen ear plugs,still intact

Advertisement