Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Effects of violent video games on behavior

• 13-02-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Please don't eat me alive, i am only a newbie looking for some help!
    I am a second year psychology student doing an assignment on the effects of violent video games on behavior, i have created a short 5 question survey and would appreciate it so much if you could complete it --> http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WT9GGWB? It's all anonymous so have a go, please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭TrollHammaren

Done!

I nearly had a heart attack when I read the title of this thread :p

I won't ask you what slant you're taking in this assignment, as I love my violent video games and feel very strongly about people making unsubstantiated claims about them :pac:

Hope the assignment goes well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Same reaction as TrollHammerin!! lol! Gotta say I've never met anyone who has ever been affected for the worse by a violent video game! Some people say that it desensitizes people to real violence but I've got a friend who plays sum of the goriest video games I've seen but he starts to gag at the sight of real blood!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

While I agree with the above, I do feel that they can cause issues with people who have some sort of emotional/mental problems. Having said that, so can most other things in life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭Focalbhach

Please don't eat me alive, i am only a newbie looking for some help!
    I am a second year psychology student doing an assignment on the effects of violent video games on behavior

Good luck with your assignment.

Just to clarify: you're looking at people's perceptions of the effects of violent video games, not any actual effects, right?

Advertisement