Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should/Will Keane start against Macedonia?

• 13-02-2011 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭

So Keane's out for at least a month. He could be back a couple of weeks before the Macedonia game on the 28th March. Considering his lack of first-team football with Spurs and now this month off, should/will Trap start him against Macedonia if he's fit?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I thought Will Keane had declared for England? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Simple answer is No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

First name on the teamsheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Would go with Doyle as 1st name but Keane should be beside him, deffo 2nd name on the teamsheet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

If Keane does start he's going to bring a new meaning to the term 'rustiness'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yes. Just yes. If fit, Robbie Keane should start for Ireland!! He's the best striker we've ever had!!

So yes, just start him. Some people will moan. Some people will complain. But some people are just weirdos.

I'm actually starting to believe the next generation will realise how good Robbie Keane was for Ireland more than our own.

I'm not quite sure who it is we think we are? I seriously believe some people get their expectations from their Premier League clubs and throw them onto the Republic of Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

people will appreciate robbie keane when he retires, where the hell are the goals going to come from when he retires?, kevin doyle for all his hold up play & work rate is not a goalscorer, shane long is a championship player, outside of robbie none of the irish squad has got double figures in goals!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Give Shane Long a damn run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

No, he's out for 4-6 weeks, he won't be fit enough to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

people will appreciate robbie keane when he retires, where the hell are the goals going to come from when he retires?, kevin doyle for all his hold up play & work rate is not a goalscorer, shane long is a championship player, outside of robbie none of the irish squad has got double figures in goals!!!

I'm not talking about Keane's quality here. I'm a Keane fan, but any player who has played as little as he has over the last 6 months can't surely be relied upon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

(Cant remember who it was now, i heard them talking about it on talksport the other night and hopefully somebody know here), who is only in the squad because Richard Dunne happened to accidentally have a conversation with his parents and discover he could play for ireland?. Was talking with a mate about it the other night and forgot who it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

daithijjj wrote: »
    (Cant remember who it was now, i heard them talking about it on talksport the other night and hopefully somebody know here), who is only in the squad because Richard Dunne happened to accidentally have a conversation with his parents and discover he could play for ireland?. Was talking with a mate about it the other night and forgot who it was.

Clarke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd go with Long and Doyle, but if Keane had one leg Trappatoni would still play him.

Advertisement