Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gary Moore (R.I.P) Tribute Night. Need Good Bands

• 13-02-2011 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Evenin folks,

So Gary Moore's birthday is coming up in April and I think it's only right that someone put on a gig to comemorate him. I'll be hiring out Whelans, but first I need to get more bands onboard to play at it.

It will be Gary Moore covers only (or songs that Gary played on for example his Thin Lizzy stuff etc.), unless the bands have written a song specifically for Gary.
    If any of you have ever been to the Vibe for Philo, it will be something along those lines, except on a little bit smaller scale due to the short notice of time to organize it, and also we won't be charging people more than a fiver to get in to see it.

If anyone would be interested in playing this and paying respects to Gary, e-mail me at paulmorrin1@live.com and we'll put together a great night.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Great idea. I've posted this over on Metalireland and Thumped as well. Spread the word.

Are you looking at involving a charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Pawsome54

Thanks a million for doin that fobster!

Yeah it'd be great to have a charity to send all proceeds on to, it'd be great if there were some sort of Roisín Dubh trust but for Gary Moore instead of Philo. Any suggestions for charities would be much appreciated. Cheers

Bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭pauliewallie

Bands like Pat Farrell and the Business would be great for this. I have some contacts if you want me to look into it pm me.

Bands like Pat Farrell and the Business would be great for this. I have some contacts if you want me to look into it pm me.

That would be great yeah thanks! I'll send a pm now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Pawsome54 wrote: »
    Thanks a million for doin that fobster!

Yeah it'd be great to have a charity to send all proceeds on to, it'd be great if there were some sort of Roisín Dubh trust but for Gary Moore instead of Philo. Any suggestions for charities would be much appreciated. Cheers

Someone on Thumped suggested contacted the Republic of Loose/Mick Pyro as he's a a big fan of Gary's. They might be interested in playing.

A charity like UNICEF could be a good one. Or how about War Child, www.warchild.ie. Something along those lines.

Good idea getting in touch with Mick Pyro, thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Hey my band are currently looking for a singer atm (but could be sorted by the end of the week) and we would be up for it if its sorted

Hi Furious-Red, let me know when you get the full band together and send me a link to some your music and then we'll talk more about it.

Thanks

Right we've got a bunch of great bands lined up for this and its lookin like we're gonna be having a few very special guests too.

Just need one or two more acts and then we're good to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

Sent email about my band Battle Plan.

Kranog I havn't received an email, make sure the adress its sent to is paulmorrin1@live.com, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eadgbedown

Love the idea...Im a GM fan for more years that i care to remember and this is a sound idea. would like to be part of it. In a 3 piece at the moment play bluesy rock..wouldnt take us long to throw a couple of garys tracks together.always wanted to do Johnny Boy with a fiddle player..this I can do..lets hear what ya think...

Cheers

eadgbedown wrote: »
    Love the idea...Im a GM fan for more years that i care to remember and this is a sound idea. would like to be part of it. In a 3 piece at the moment play bluesy rock..wouldnt take us long to throw a couple of garys tracks together.always wanted to do Johnny Boy with a fiddle player..this I can do..lets hear what ya think...

Cheers

Hi eadgbedown,

Have you got any recording, videos or any links to the band?

Thanks very much

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PM Sent

Advertisement