Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

QPR vs Nottingham Forest (Sunday, 1:15pm)

• 13-02-2011 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Not often we get match threads for Championship games but this is the most anticipated game of the season so far, and it could well be a cracker and well worth watching given there's only one PL game going on tomorrow.

Going into today, this was set to be a top of the table 1st v 2nd clash, but other teams winning earlier means Forest have slipped down the table a bit. They do however have 3 games in hand over the rest of the teams occupying the playoff spots - the top of the Championship is as follows:

F89Jh.png

As you can see, QPR's goal difference is insane, mainly down to a mean defence that has only conceded 18 goals in 30 games (17 clean sheets, and haven't conceded in 5 and a half hours of football). They'll be tested against Forest though, the in-form team who have won their last 6 in a row and are unbeaten in their last 9 (incidentally, Forest are also unbeaten in their last 34 home games which is a great record).

The one to watch is Adel Taarabt who has been sensational for QPR this season. For Forest, Lewis McGugan has had a fantastic year and has made a hobby out of scoring sensational goals.

I'm a bit of a closet Forest fan, so I'll be cheering them on tomorrow. Should be a cracker. I'm gonna go for a wildly inaccurate prediction of 3-2 to Forest, with my boy Chris Cohen grabbing the winner ;) (not likely)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,532 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ha championship match thread of.course taarabt will be mentioned. Huge game, if qpr win they will go up automatically, and.blows second spot wide open. Cant wait for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm looking forward to this. Some good players on show for both sides and both are proper clubs who I'd like to see back in the Premier League ASAP.

I'd like to see QPR win, but I have a feeling it'll be 1-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

What channel this on Arch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    What channel this on Arch?

Sky Sports 1/HD1, which means there should also be streams handily available for those who go down that route.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Well i'm a little nervous about this one. We have a good record in general against QPR, but this is a tricky one. Moussi is a massive loss for us so McKenna will have to attach himself to Taraabt for the day. Our defence has been pretty mean of late, and Tudgay has proved a terrific replacement for the injured Blackstock.

This game will not be a draw. I'll go 2-1 to QPR but either team could win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Come on Forest!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Heading to this one myself shortly. Looking forward to it - should be good one. Conditions are pretty windy atm so could be tricky for the keepers.

Come on pesky 0-0.

Forest Team:

Camp
    Gunter Morgan Chambers Konchesky
    McGugan Majewski McKenna Cohen
    McGoldrick Tudgay

Although that's more likely to be a 4-5-1 for most of the game with Tudgay up top on his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

QPR team:

Kenny, Orr, Hill, Derry, Taarabt, Faurlin, Gorkss, Routledge, Connolly, Hulse, Smith
    subs: Cerny, Hall, Helguson, Vaagan Moen, Miller, Chimbonda, Shittu.

One change from the team that beat Reading away last Friday. Tommy Smith in for Hogan Ephraim (suspended).

Not sure about this one. Hopefully a 2-0 win for the Rs.

• Advertisement

Hulse starting? :confused: Strange call by Warnock, no? Would have thought Miller had earned a starting place.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Hulse starting? :confused: Strange call by Warnock, no? Would have thought Miller had earned a starting place.
    Would have thought so too. Hulse hasn't exactly set the place alight since he arrived and I think Miller has shown little flashes of what is needed when he's come on.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    QPR team:

Kenny, Orr, Hill, Derry, Taarabt, Faurlin, Gorkss, Routledge, Connolly, Hulse, Smith
    subs: Cerny, Hall, Helguson, Vaagan Moen, Miller, Chimbonda, Shittu.

One change from the team that beat Reading away last Friday. Tommy Smith in for Hogan Ephraim (suspended).

Not sure about this one. Hopefully a 2-0 win for the Rs.

What a fall from grace for Pascal Chimbonda!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

I'm in bed, but I think I might get up and watch this. Could be a cracker!

Chimbonda isn't fully fit, think he's only played 1 game for the reserves since joining QPR. It is a fall from grace in one respect, but a lot of PL players are giving the Championship a go to revive their careers (Bellamy, Yakubu, Konchesky) and everything he's had to say about joining QPR has been extremely positive. I think it will be a good move for both parties.

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Chimbonda isn't fully fit, think he's only played 1 game for the reserves since joining QPR. It is a fall from grace in one respect, but a lot of PL players are giving the Championship a go to revive their careers (Bellamy, Yakubu, Konchesky) and everything he's had to say about joining QPR has been extremely positive. I think it will be a good move for both parties.

Ah, I was thinking he'd surely start if he was fit.

I remember Chimbonda at Sunderland, he was a cracking RB but an absolute drain on everyone in the dressing room. If Roy Keane couldn't handle him then no-one can.

The only thing that has caused him to have to drop to the Championship is attitude as he's a cracking player when he's bothered.

Jaysus, almost a dream start inside 20 seconds for Forest!

Fantastic goal for Tommy Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Get in there Tommy!!!!

Falling apart for Forest.

• Advertisement

Majewski sent off. Idiotic tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Great full-blooded tackle there... no wait, he's foreign, red card.

Flocking hell 1-1

1-1! That boy McGugan with the free, McGoldrick deflection! :eek:

Heading towards Silva proportion deflection there. McGoldrick did not mean that.

Close again for Forest.

This is such an entertaining game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

I'd rather be watching this than everton and Bolton tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Not a bad first half!

• Advertisement

Interesting first half. Much like Clarke Carlisle, I wasn't expecting that.

Good goal from Smith. Thought Majewski was a bit unlucky to see red tbh but it was a silly challenge and Hogan Ephraim went off for similar last week.

Looking forward to second half and can see Taarabt doing something special again.

Come on you Rs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,953 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That would have been a class goal!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Going to be a lot of defending for us in this half :-/

We're doing ok, comfortable enough, Rangers are passing the ball around nicely but its all shots from distance. Me thinks had we a full compliment of players that we could take them. Anderson on, Earnshaw must be introduced soon. Konchesky having a great game.

Luke Chambers is having a beast of a game at the back

If the ref thought he dived, why didn't he book him?

• Advertisement

Speed of routledge there why would ya go down so easy

Routledge should have been given a yellow card for simulation there. He didn't even appeal for a penalty.

Tyson on now for Forest a.k.a Carl Lewis!

Fantastic positioning from Gunter there, game has livened up again, should be an exciting last 10 minutes as QPR throw everything forward.

Miller's been great since he came on, how he doesn't start ahead of Hulse is bizarre

The way they're saying good job ref for trying to play advantage reminds me of playing FIFA..

If i were Rangers i would keep the ball down the right side, Miller is terrorising Lynch at full back. Forest defending has been outstanding. You feel a Rangers goal in on the way though.

• Advertisement

3 players marking Miller now!

Oh I thought that was in

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Super point and great team performance. There is a great spirit amongst them that wasn't there last year.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    3 players marking Miller now!
    But with Joel Lynch in our side today, and with the sending off, we were effectively playing with 9 men.

That was as good as a win for us, a really fantastic performance given the circumstances. Had Tyson been introduced earlier it could even have been a win. Rangers are a good team though, people rightly talk about Taarabt being class, but Routledge and Miller are as good as anything in the division.

Second place is still wide open.

Advertisement