Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humax FreeSat (Foxsat HD) picture distortion problem

Options
  • 13-02-2011 3:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Some of the channels on my humax freesat hd receiver shows distorted picture some times and few times "No signal" message after that (See the attached picture). Then after some time it would come back to normal. I have 4 lnb's connected to a 4x1 diseqc switch.

A video link follows:
    _http://host.hackerbox.org/download.php?file=d4e9d572471f2c9a1312dfe8d762e36e

Is it normal with satellite dishes? Otherwise what could be the problem? Is it because of bad allignment or bad LNB/Diseqc switch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

Just one more doubt to add.
    I have a smart home box which came pre installed in my house and I could see a TRATEC TRIS-102A (Fully Isolated System Outlet, 5-1000MHZ, 0.4 dB, one input & one output) which is connected to the input of an Ecoline 8 Way splitter (10.8 dB, Tp 20dB, 5-1000MHZ).

It is lying there idle now. And I saw the following at Amazon

Easy Fit Satellite Signal Amplifier Booster
    wxw.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003S5LBVQ
    41GZL%2B2I%2BIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I wonder whether I could use the following setup considering device protection, picture quality :

Cable from LNB -> Diseqc Switch -> Signal Booster (Easy Fit Satellite Signal Amplifier Booster)-> Isolator (TRATEC TRIS-102A)->Splitter (Ecoline 8 Way splitter)->FreeSat Receiver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Apogee

Most likely problem by far is poor dish alignment and/or LNBF wrongly skewed. See point 7:
    http://sites.google.com/site/freetoairinfo/home/how-to-align-a-satellite

Signal booster is a waste of time, and I can't see any reason to have the isolator and splitter connected up. They should be removed as they will only degrade the signal.

Apogee wrote: »
    Most likely problem by far is poor dish alignment and/or LNBF wrongly skewed. See point 7:
    http://sites.google.com/site/freetoairinfo/home/how-to-align-a-satellite

Signal booster is a waste of time, and I can't see any reason to have the isolator and splitter connected up. They should be removed as they will only degrade the signal.

Thanks for the link. It is really usefull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

If only affecting a small number of channels (typically Ch4/E4/More4) then it
    could also be interference from cordless phone, Wifi router or baby monitor

kuro_man wrote: »
    If only affecting a small number of channels (typically Ch4/E4/More4) then it
    could also be interference from cordless phone, Wifi router or baby monitor

The cordless phone interference affects 'Irish' C4/E4 on Sky which are transmitted on a different frequency to C4/E4 on Freesat (which is not prone to interference from wireless devices).

• Advertisement

The cordless phone interference affects 'Irish' C4/E4 on Sky which are transmitted on a different frequency to C4/E4 on Freesat (which is not prone to interference from wireless devices).

It happened to my freesat channels

Yes, I have a cordless phone in this room.

But there are a lot of channels which would come up in the scan but when that channel is selected "no signal message" would pop up and after some time the distorted channels would appear on few of them.

I am looking for a good reliable "Freelance Satellite Installer" to solve my satellite dish issues. Plz pm me if you are one of them or knows any.

Any help highly appreciated

kuro_man wrote: »
    It happened to my freesat channels

Interesting. Any of the reports on Sat forum I've come across have been for the Sky version which lies in the output range of a DECT phone (1800MHz mark).

For it to interfere with Freesat version would require something to output on 960/980MHz which is non-standard. Maybe a wireless alarm?

Interesting. Any of the reports on Sat forum I've come across have been for the Sky version which lies in the output range of a DECT phone (1800MHz mark).

For it to interfere with Freesat version would require something to output on 960/980MHz which is non-standard. Maybe a wireless alarm?

Yep, could have been that!

Also, there was a masthead amp psu for DTT which is diplexed with the sat - I moved the psu and it stopped the interference.

Either way, local interference could be a possibility.

net4hack wrote: »
    Yes, I have a cordless phone in this room.

But there are a lot of channels which would come up in the scan but when that channel is selected "no signal message" would pop up and after some time the distorted channels would appear on few of them.

I am looking for a good reliable "Freelance Satellite Installer" to solve my satellite dish issues. Plz pm me if you are one of them or knows any.

Any help highly appreciated

Probably alignment so, maybe dish moved during recent high winds

• Advertisement
Advertisement