Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Hunter

Options
  • 13-02-2011 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm a big fan of Stephen Hunter. Writes mostly about the Swagger family. All very gung-ho and all that.

Anyway just wondering why an author who features in the New York Times best seller list everytime he releases a book, is a pulitzer prize winner yet I have to order his books from amazon.

Waterstones, Easons, Porters.........nada. Never mind a new release. Absolutely no back catalogue whatsoever (maybe 7-10 novels).

Anybody know why this might be the case ?

Edit:maybe some limited online but none instore.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Yeah have to say it is very unusual, his Pulitzer is for film criticism though. I imagine you wouldn't be able to find any of Roger Eberts books in high street book shops either. Admittedly he doesnt write fiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭Heckler

I realise his pulitzer was for non-fiction but i'm still wondering why a best-selling author (for fiction) doesn't even register in our larger or smaller bookstores.

Anybody ? Any reason ?

Especially when you can can find the most mediocre book from an unknown author saturating the shelves.

Don't make no sense to me............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

Probably cause there's no real demand for him in Ireland. Dont know why that is, as we often look to the States culturally. Would be interesting to know are there any other writers who are popular in the states but their books barely register to the Irish reader.

This site has books by him and delivers to Ireland for free.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Advertisement