Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tristram's 2011 Reading Log

Options
  • 13-02-2011 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

So far it’s been a great start. When I was home at Christmas I picked up three gems. Tim Pat Coogan’s memoir started a little stiff but really drew me in the more I read. Conor O’Clery brought me around the world with May You Live in Interesting Times, and Dennis O’Driscoll’s interviews with Seamus Heaney in Stepping Stones is a nice one to delve into on occassions. This afternoon I finished Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, an inspirational tale of hardship and suffering during the Nigeria-Biafra war of the 60’s. I must learn more about that conflict. It was the first book to be read on my new Kindle and I am delighted with the purchase! Onwards and upwards for 2011!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Our Kind of Traitor, John Le Carre. I love Le Carre. It is one of the simpler pleasures of winter to curl up on the couch, heater beside you with a cup of coffee waiting. Felt let down by this one though. Maybe he was simply churning one out to fulfill a contractual obligation but there was definitely something missing. Hope for better next time!

Lonely Planet Guide to Thailand

Lots of great ideas! :)

Born to Run, by Christopher McDougall. Absolutely cracking read. Couldn’t put it down. Amazing feats described within.

Advertisement