Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Scala

Options
  • 13-02-2011 8:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

I see the Italian restuarant opposite the Arts Centre is being replaced by a steakhouse - anyone know what thats all about? I thought that place was doing ok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Heard La Scala had closed alright..didnt know it was been replaced by a steakhouse. Any idea what its called???
    I see Springsteens is re-opening (opened?)

This streakhouse is called 'Opera' anyone hear anything about it???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Yeah its actually really nice in there. I think its the same owners actually. Just rebranded.

Zhane wrote: »
    Yeah its actually really nice in there. I think its the same owners actually. Just rebranded.

Cheers, must give it a try sometime....

Ive heard from someone that the re-opended Springsteens has closed.
    Anyone hear this???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

yeah springsteens is closed...they are using it as a private party room now for anyone who wants to hire it out....

yeah springsteens is closed...they are using it as a private party room now for anyone who wants to hire it out....

Cheers for that...
    Sad to see it go..

no worries... to be honest i was only in there once when it had opened only a while and the place was dirty and meal wasnt great.... thats my one and only experience though...

no worries... to be honest i was only in there once when it had opened only a while and the place was dirty and meal wasnt great.... thats my one and only experience though...

Never went to the new Springsteen's, was in the original place a few times. Always found the food good in there. Heard the new place was a lot smaller.
    Just sad to see places closing down in Wex....

no i was talking about the old place where the nightclub is now ... wasnt in the new place but it was the very same as when it was the public house called "haven" just with some tables in there.

places closing down but i must say as son as one closes another opens...

marine restaurant over the commodare barry now open or nearly open... walked by there sunday and side door was open, so they're either finishing last few bits upstairs or they are open already !

• Advertisement

Havent heard about Marine Restaurant, will look forward to trying out somewhere new...

yeah walked by last night vern.... its open now... open from 5.30 each evening i think.... they have a board outside the place with info ... thing i noticed about the chalk board they were using was that it had stuff on it previously from nonna rosa...so maybe they have somthing to do with the restaurant or else they just got the board off them ! :)

Ive heard that the owners of Nonna Rosa are running this new place with someone else. So could be worth going in some evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

I seen an article in the Wexford People about how the owner of La Scala had attempted suicide over spiralling debts.

Pretty grim really.

Yeah seen that as well...really sad to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ive heard that the owners of Nonna Rosa are running this new place

Here? -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056035950&page=11

Name is Blue Marine I believe.

Advertisement