Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Reading Log of Galactus

Options
  • 13-02-2011 8:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

The Snake Stone by Jason Goodwin
    Set in mid 19th century Istanbul, this is the second novel of the novels featuring detective Yashim the Eunuch. Confusing in parts it doesn't match the first book in the series, "The Janissary Tree". Diverting nonetheless. I'd hoped the characters would have developed a bit more - I think I might leave reading the third book in the series until I make it to Istanbul.

Information and the Nature of Reality: From Physics to Metaphysics by Paul Davies (Editor)
    I should have read the reviews a bit more closely. After three pages I almost fell asleep. I was hoping for someting along the lines of "Decoding Reality: The Universe as Quantum Information" by Vlatko Vedral which only got wooly towards the end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

The Priest-Kings of Gor by John Norman
    Tarl Cabot, master swordsman! ;-)

The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell
    Outstanding, a must read. This is one of these books that's so good that you risk taking time off work/hiding from public view to finish it.

Black Swan Green by David Mitchell
    A nice air of menace in the background in the year of a teenager in Middle England. A mixed bag: not sure how the World Cup of 1982 was missed as the teenage protagnist was a footy fan, also several inaccuracies.

Advertisement