Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trolly case with lap top bag (fits Ryanair restrictions)

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 never pay extra again

jive wrote: »
    Anyone used this? Tempted to get one just to be a whindup as much as anything else :pac:
    check their website comments page I'm using it a long time and have had all the remarks but most are positive'' the ground crew at some airports are getting used to and don't insist on you wearing it witch is not very conforable but then it's only two times 5 min checkin and at gate'' I've never worn it boarding I consider it my case 'there are no rouls that you have to were your coat therefor you can just place it over your arm like you would any coat' even when not needed I take it with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Received the Cabin Max Bag from Amazon, it seems great!

Went to order one today for my brother, and notice S-Gizmos are selling it again (they are fufilled by amazon), meaning you can get it for £24.95 WITH FREE DELIVERY (I had to pay £5 P&P). Well worth it, IMO!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Max-Backpack-Approved-Luggage/dp/B002Q5APX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309517215&sr=8-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Looks like I'll have to apply some markings or stickers on my Cabinmax since ye're all buying them. Don't want someone grabbing mine out of the bin by mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

A selection of those bags on offer by Aldi next Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

A selection of those bags on offer by Aldi next Sunday.

Heres the link, not perfect sizing but great prices

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_17287.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Received the Cabin Max Bag from Amazon, it seems great!

Went to order one today for my brother, and notice S-Gizmos are selling it again (they are fufilled by amazon), meaning you can get it for £24.95 WITH FREE DELIVERY (I had to pay £5 P&P). Well worth it, IMO!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Max-Backpack-Approved-Luggage/dp/B002Q5APX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309517215&sr=8-1

I know it's a "Cabin" bag, But will Ryan air let it on the plane ?... You know how they get !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

NeVeR wrote: »
    I know it's a "Cabin" bag, But will Ryan air let it on the plane ?... You know how they get !!

Yes it's perfect size for them. Also it's soft casing so will squish into their cages/cardboard boxes even when very very full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

we bought 2 of these and used them on a recent flight. ryanair were using some new cardboard box to see if they could fit the cardboard box over peoples bags. if it didnt then they had to pay.
    even though our 2 bags were stuffed they still fit in.
    happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

daytob wrote: »
    we bought 2 of these and used them on a recent flight. ryanair were using some new cardboard box to see if they could fit the cardboard box over peoples bags. if it didnt then they had to pay.
    even though our 2 bags were stuffed they still fit in.
    happy days

Nice one. Thanks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Yes, I haven't used it but other people have! On Amazon there is a picture of the bag in the measuring cage that they use.

I measured it today, it's 55cm high, about 37-38cm wide, and it's more than 20cm depth if you pack it full but there's compression straps so it can be 'pulled' back into size! It's quite a neat bag actually!

Do they let you squeeze the bag in the cage at the airport, or does it have to fit nicely?

The 21" (53cm) bag in Aldi might not fit - while it's the right height, it doesn't give the full dimensions and it could be more than 20cm deep, especially taking into account the wheels. I noticed that when looking at a few trolley bags. Even if you look through the Argos catalogue there's some bags that say they are suitable for airline cabins, but are in fact larger than 55x40x20cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 quien1

Have just ordered one through Amazon, looks pretty good.

Advertisement