Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costa Coffee

Options
  • 13-02-2011 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I see Costa Coffee have opened in the Meridian Centre. Had a quick one in there yesterday, very spacious & comfy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The coffee was spacious and comfy - or the place? :D

How was the coffee and how much did you pay for it?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

After the quickie, my wife had a small cappuccino, I had a medium americano, came to €5.90 I think. No expert but both of us enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Yeah it popped outta nowhere and even took an extra unit!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

It's very nice. Should put insomnia out of biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Should put insomnia out of biz.

Doubt that very much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

It's very nice. Should put insomnia out of biz.

Not likely, unless they can match their deals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Thanks for the info! Great that something else is there now.
    Was/is Costa Coffee the trader above the former Hughes & Hughes in Dun Laoghaire?
    Does the Greystones branch have sandwiches or hot food?
    Don't think Insomnia could be put out of business, it's too handy for takeaways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

astrofluff wrote: »
    The coffee was spacious and comfy - or the place? :D

How was the coffee and how much did you pay for it?

well the prices in their shop in Carrickmines are a joke imo,very expensive,franchise so i presume it's gotta be the same,then again if yoou get your parking ticket validated it ends up ok

best cup of coffee in the town is the small place across from extra vision,and i think their single expresso is only €1.40

insomnia is great for deals but their coffee is poor with a bad aftertaste and not great on the stomach

3Q's is quite nice also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

heavyballs wrote: »
    best cup of coffee in the town is the small place across from extra vision

+1 Caffe del Stelle, best in the village IMO

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Had a full luvverly full brekkie in there for €5.50 best espresso in town too imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

had a costa once, they used a stencil to do art on top of the coffee. get some proper baristas that can do that with milk and milk alone. if they could stop the coffee tasting over roasted too that would be a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭luapenak

Tried the coffee there today. It's really not very good at all. Don't think I'll be going back

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gleisweiler

The coffee may not be everyones taste but it is better than the most and they don't serve it in those bloody awful cardboard cups.

The coffee may not be everyones taste but it is better than the most and they don't serve it in those bloody awful cardboard cups.
    How do they do takeaway? do they just pour it in your hands?

Better than the giant bowls some places serve the coffee in. The coffee seems to taste nicer in cardboard too!

Was that brekkie in Costa or the cafe de le Stelle?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

heavyballs wrote: »
    well the prices in their shop in Carrickmines are a joke imo,very expensive,franchise so i presume it's gotta be the same,then again if yoou get your parking ticket validated it ends up ok

best cup of coffee in the town is the small place across from extra vision,and i think their single expresso is only €1.40

insomnia is great for deals but their coffee is poor with a bad aftertaste and not great on the stomach

3Q's is quite nice also

Went today spenta about 15 euro on two drinks and two toasted rolls. Asked them to validate ticket for carpark but they said they don't. Only darn reason I parked in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Stopped validating tickets in all the shops:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

got a latte in pebbles beside lidl last week. It was fine. Got another one today, it was crap. You can't judge the place on one cup of coffee.

Rasmus wrote: »
    Better than the giant bowls some places serve the coffee in. The coffee seems to taste nicer in cardboard too!

Was that brekkie in Costa or the cafe de le Stelle?

That was Caffe Di Stelle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

markest wrote: »
    After the quickie, my wife had a small cappuccino, I had a medium americano, came to €5.90 I think. No expert but both of us enjoyed them.

Must resist the urge to comment...

Aww f**k it :eek: :D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

How do they do takeaway? do they just pour it in your hands?

Beer-Hat-Beer-Helmet-pic-2.jpg

ciaran67 wrote: »
    Beer-Hat-Beer-Helmet-pic-2.jpg
    Costa Coffee's Coffee Cap.

Costa... Keeping your ears warm this winter!

Costa Coffee's Coffee Cap.

Costa... Keeping your ears warm this winter!

There would have be some serious drop in temperature for that fella to feel the cold. He's err, rather big boned. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Earlsie

Dropped in to Costa Coffee on Sunday with the wife and 2 Kids and while the place is well kitted out the coffee is not great, my kids who are "Hot Chocolate Connoisseurs" also gave it the thumbs down!!

Will deffo try it again (without the kids) but might need to get a second job first with the prices they are charging.

[QUOTE
    Well deffo try it again (without the kids) but might need to get a second job first with the prices they are charging.[/QUOTE]

It's probably nice for a relaxing coffee every now and again, but the prices are silly - like 2007 prices!
    As a take-out place it's overpriced but I expect that's not their market.
    I dropped in the other morning before the train to check out their sandwich selection. For a small/medium cheese and mushroom breakfast bap they were charging 3.99 (not crazy, but this was the cheapest one). So I went for the safe bet, SuperValu deli, where a bigger, nice toasted roll costs 2.59...

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Am I the only tea drinker in Greystones ....

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Matt Le Tissue

nope!:D

Am I the only tea drinker in Greystones ....

ooh... quit ya Twining

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Tried one of their hot chocolates to take-away. Was nice enough but the Happy Pear hot chocolates are so much tastier, and cheaper too.

Costa Hot Choc €3.55
    Happy Pear Hot Choc €3.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Earlsie wrote: »
    Dropped in to Costa Coffee on Sunday with the wife and 2 Kids and while the place is well kitted out the coffee is not great, my kids who are "Hot Chocolate Connoisseurs" also gave it the thumbs down!!
    QUOTE]

I was there on Sunday too. I watched the girl making the coffees and I'd say it was her first time to make a coffee ever. She was getting trained in at the time. I guess it'll just take some time till all the staff are trained up, although surely that should be done before they start selling.

Advertisement