Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butlers chocolate experience.

Options
  • 13-02-2011 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

Has anybody been? Just heard about it. It's a guided tour with a visit to a interactive mini factory. You can decorate chocolate and bring it home with you. Wondering what its like. Is it worth 12.50?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Clonshaugh Business Park, Oscar Traynor Road, Dublin 17

Web www.butlerschocolates.com/chocolateexperience

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭temply

Jet Black wrote: »
    Clonshaugh Business Park, Oscar Traynor Road, Dublin 17

Web www.butlerschocolates.com/chocolateexperience

WOULD head along if it were someplace central, like the city centre - bit out of the way for moi really!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

its only open mon-fri and tours 11am and 2.30pm. not convinent for most!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Sounds like it's for school tours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Tours are anytime between 9 and 5.30 (with the last starting at 4, obviously). You've got to ring and book! It's a great idea for a birthday party with 10 or 20 kids, from ages 4 or 5 up. It's definitely worth the 12.50, there's unlimited free chocolate goodies so if the tour doesn't impress you then just take home the price in chocolate. Happy days.

It is a bit out of the way if you don't have private transport, but if you can make your way to Talbot Street the 27 bus will have you there in 25 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks, I only just found out about this. I agree, it's not the easiest place to get to if you're using public transport, though it sounds like it might be worth it.

It's a pity it's only open during the week.

It is a pity! The reason being that it's a fully functioning factory, full of workers who work nine to fives Monday to Friday. It'd be a bit boring to tour an empty factory on a Saturday...:/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Fsck kids, I'm going to do it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Has anyone been on this tour? Is it a full on factory tour, as in you put on white coats and plastic shoes etc and get told all the technical stuff or is it an overview of it. I'd be bringing a 6 and 8 year old and I'd say they'd be bored until they got to the chocolate eating part!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There are TWO chocolate factories on the same road?

The Chocolate District.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

oh, might head over tomorrow if this weather keeps up ;)

datk wrote: »
    Has anyone been on this tour? Is it a full on factory tour, as in you put on white coats and plastic shoes etc and get told all the technical stuff or is it an overview of it. I'd be bringing a 6 and 8 year old and I'd say they'd be bored until they got to the chocolate eating part!
    It isn't quite like that. The tours will be tailored to the group - if it's kids it'll just be basic info about chocolate making and a tour of the most exciting parts of the factory (chocolate waterfall and gigantic chocolate bunnies) followed by loads of time decorating and eating chocolate.

If it's an adult tour it'd be more information-heavy and the tour itself would be longer, but there's still chocolate-eating involved. Good times all round! I've been on the tour :)

There's no setting foot on the actual factory floor. I expect it'd be too noisy/dangerous/violating something or other. Instead they've built this glass walkway balcony thing above the factory (with tv's and dvd's along the way to further demonstrate what's going on, so you can see it up close) with a room at the end designed as a 'mini factory' where chocolate is made and decorated in front of you. It's fun!

Advertisement