Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SONY - Go on do it I DARE you - Geohot

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    I remember when cmods were cool, sad days indeed. :p

Says the man who wrote the charter that everybody hates :p Nice to see you posting here Kinetic, I think the last time we exchanged posts, I was in trouble for something to do with GeoHot, & skirting a ban :o

CiaranC wrote: »
    Lame. Im off to a real console modding forum

It's direct posting of the actual code/s that's not allowed, not discussion on them. But watch that door on the way out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

EnterNow wrote: »
    It's direct posting of the actual code/s that's not allowed, not discussion on them. But watch that door on the way out :)
    :rolleyes:

A discussion forum for the theoretical and moral aspects of console modding without all those boring technical bits or even any links to them. Brilliant. When I started posting here (five years before you ever appeared btw) we shared specific technical information on how to mod consoles, instead of just "discussing" it as a concept.

Maybe you should change the name of your little Boards fiefdom to "Console modding discussion" as you have to go elsewhere for tools, files or methods for actual console modding?

:rolleyes:

A discussion forum for the theoretical and moral aspects of console modding without all those boring technical bits or even any links to them. Brilliant. When I started posting here (five years before you ever appeared btw) we shared specific technical information on how to mod consoles, instead of just "discussing" it as a concept.

Maybe you should change the name of your little Boards fiefdom to "Console modding discussion"?

What technical info isn't permitted here? Only copyrighted stuff, & that's a boards guideline, not my own agenda.

Seeing your the boards veteran you are, you'll know I didn't write the charter here. I've made one or two additions, additions relevant to things that wern't a concern back in the good old days, such as flash carts & metldr codes, but essentially they fall into the same bracket of copyright.

You'll find all the copyrighted material you want elsewhere, but you won't find it here, and for that very reason, we can expect to be posting here for the forseeable future. So I suggest you drop your attitude, sharply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

A metldr key is not copyrightable under Irish law by any stretch of the imagination, but dont let actual facts get in the way of your argument.

• Advertisement

A metldr key is not copyrightable under Irish law by any stretch of the imagination

Until I hear otherwise, I'll always heir on the side of caution. You could have easily raised that issue for us to explore, yet you chose to act childishly.
    CiaranC wrote:
    but dont let actual facts get in the way of your argument.

Your very highly strung today arn't you? Not only is your tone offensive, it's far from constructive to the discussion. I'll tell you what, have some time off & come back to us when you've gotten better perspective on what it is your trying to say here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

It wouldn't be copyrighted infringement in the US it would be violating the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, which prohibits circumvention of access control measures. In the EU it's against the InfoSoc/Copyright Directive which prohibits circumvention of copy protection measures which makes it more restrictive. It's a directive not a law but only Spain hasn't put it into their own law.

Erring on the side of caution doesn't do any harm, and until i posted that picture to see if anyone thought it was the same as the one shown in geohots rap i hadn't seen it posted here ever.

Advertisement