Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's a FAAAAAKE!!!

Options
  • 13-02-2011 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭

"In The Pale Moonlight" is on CBS Action right now
    that's me sorted for the next hour

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Incredible episode, Brooks & Robinson are powerful together :cool:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Watched it myself. For me its one of the most dramatic of all ST episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

One of the true greats alright. The very apex of Star Trek. Possibly it's finest hour when they finally took the next step and showed humans being human. Morals be damned! There's a war on and it's us or them.

Endlessly quotable too.

Garak: "I've also left him with the distinct impression that if he attempts to force open the door, it may explode!"

Sisko: "I hope that's just an impression."

Garak: "It's best not to dwell on such minutiae."

Goldstein wrote: »
    One of the true greats alright. The very apex of Star Trek. Possibly it's finest hour when they finally took the next step and showed humans being human. Morals be damned! There's a war on and it's us or them.

Endlessly quotable too.

Garak: "I've also left him with the distinct impression that if he attempts to force open the door, it may explode!"

Ah yes, brilliant script writing to ad to the credits on that ep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Quark really got to bring it home to Sisko, when quoting the 98th rule of aquisition.

"Everyman has his price"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yeah, it's a stonker of an episode alright. Amazingly ballsy for a generally pretty ballsy series. You'd never see Picard, Archer, *shudder*Janeway*shudder* doing that. I've posted it before but one of the finest 2 mins in any Trek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,513 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Garrick at his very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

Goldstein wrote: »

Endlessly quotable too.

By far, Garak at his best and a fine example of the DS9 writing staff stretching their cloak-n-dagger writing muscles.

I loved this episode. They actually threw the morals out and started to admit that there was a war on. It was great to see the Romulans back as well.

Apart from Str. Vreenak's classic 'It's a FAAAAAKE!', the following is one of my favourite lines in Star Trek.

Garak:
    That's why you came to me, isn't it, Captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing? Well, it worked. And you'll get what you want: a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant. And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Though TNG is the series i love the most, this is the episode i probably like the most. Siskos monologues and his dealings with Garak, he's well aware of whats going to happen.

"all it cost was the life of one criminal, one Romulan Senator and the self respect of one Starfleet Captain...."
    He really emphasises the last part and for me its one of the best lines in all of Star Trek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Papasmurfy

Agree. one of the best Star Trek episodes.

Watched a TNG the other day and it really has dated badly..

• Advertisement

Papasmurfy wrote: »
    Agree. one of the best Star Trek episodes.

Watched a TNG the other day and it really has dated badly..

before Virgin 1 went off air I got about mid way into season 5 after picking up from eason 2. It's not that dated and the far superior stories and scripting more than make up for the poorer CGI and effects IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Garak wrote:
    That's why you came to me, isn't it, Captain? Because you knew I could do those things that you weren't capable of doing? Well, it worked. And you'll get what you want: a war between the Romulans and the Dominion. And if your conscience is bothering you, you should soothe it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the entire Alpha Quadrant. And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, and the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I'd call that a bargain.

Well Garak, you know, also the small matter of the Vreenak's 4 "bodyguards".
    Minutiae I suppose he'd call them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

"In The Pale Moonlight" is on CBS Action right now
    that's me sorted for the next hour

everyone is saying its fake, why is this?

tonyheaney wrote: »

it's a line from the episode where the Romulan Ambassador realises the data rod is a fake and that the Fed are lying about what the Dominian are up to.

it's a line from the episode where the Romulan Ambassador realises the data rod is a fake and that the Fed are lying about what the Dominian are up to.

Nerd correction: The rod is legit, the recording is fake :p

n00b :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Rawr

Because it was a FAAAAAAAAKE!

Its-a-Fake.jpg

See....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

n00b :)

not noob just been ages since i saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Another spectacular performance by Brooks :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement