Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS bought in the States

Options
  • 13-02-2011 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭

Posted this in the aviation forum and figured I'd post it here aswell. Heading over to Florida next month to do some hour building (flying) and was thinking of picking up a garmin 695/696 while I'm over there. Was wondering if these units are easy to change to european maps once I get back or will I be stuck with a unit that only has American maps on it??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

You should be able to just buy a European or UK & Irl map and load it as your preferred choice.

You could buy it in the US with worldwide maps already installed. Back home set it up again so it looks for the eurosats and change region and so on. It should be no problem.

Services available in the States, may not be available back home.

Advertisement