Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mid Table Madness - Bolton V Everton

• 13-02-2011 1:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

A win for Everton lifts them 5 places up to 8th in the table but defeat would leave them just 3 points above the drop zone. Any win will have to be gotten without Louis Saha who as usual, starts to play well and then remembers that he has glass ankles. Tim Cahill will come back in to the fray and start behind Beckford in attack.

Team I'd like to see:

Howard

Baines
    Distin
    Heitinga
    Neville

Bilyaletdinov
    Arteta
    Fellaini
    Coleman

Cahill
    Beckford

This side should be more than capable of getting something from the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Hoping for a 1-1 draw. Should be a good game, both sides are capable of playing football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

THFC wrote: »
    Hoping for a 1-1 draw. Should be a good game, both sides are capable of playing football.
    Crazy amount of draws from Everton this season so very possible. I'd recommend a cheeky bet on 2-2 for anyone tempted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Danny Sturridge to continue his goalscoring run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A draw please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

3-0 to Everton. Seamus Coleman hat-trick. That would do wonders for my Fantasy premier league team. Still in the Fantasy Cup after 10 rounds, and 11 points down so I need A clean sheet at least for Coleman and a clean sheet for both Ivanovic and Terry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

1-0 Bolton, I will say!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭superfrank

3-3 Coleman & Sturridge Hatrick's Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

2-0 Bolton, Everton are a very frustrating team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

to say they are fustrating is putting it lightly, I cant see Moyes hanging around at Everton much more tbh, with zero funds at his disposal his future ambition for the club is shot.

BK has some serious questions to answer as I find it hard to believe there is no serious buyer for a club as famous as Everton, its not like we are some second rate lower league side.

With a massive deal with Chang I am pretty sure some wealthy Asians would be more the willing to shell out some cash on the club.

There is a smokescreen covering something me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

to say they are fustrating is putting it lightly, I cant see Moyes hanging around at Everton much more tbh, with zero funds at his disposal his future ambition for the club is shot.

BK has some serious questions to answer as I find it hard to believe there is no serious buyer for a club as famous as Everton, its not like we are some second rate lower league side.

With a massive deal with Chang I am pretty sure some wealthy Asians would be more the willing to shell out some cash on the club.

Thanks for that, needed a good laugh

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Better history than the likes of Chelsea and Man City, solid fanbase. What made you laugh?

Kenwright will relegate us before he's done as chairman. It's a scary time to be a blue :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

They have found their level under Moyes.

Mister men wrote: »
    Our potential as a club is at least as great as Spurs or City, even them across the Park. Kenwright is a poisonous chairman however. He wants someone to invest and let him remain in charge which is really not ever going to happen. He needs to step aside before it's too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

FFS had 20 on Sturridge for 1st goal, got the 2nd one :(

member of the sky 4 so eh...

Everton have a much better history than Man City for instance...

Chelsea have only been a major force in the last decade or so.

Some posters here really seem to be barely legal age

Happy enough with that result, although a draw would have been better from our point of view.

We play Everton at Goodison next, so if we can get something from that I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Moyes could be gone soon

Mister men wrote: »

I love bs like this, if Everton had an investor we would be easily of the match for spuds or citehs of this world..., moyes would also be more frugal with cash and not spend the GDP of a small country on someone like andy carroll

we have more than shown our ability to compete with sky clubs this season .. :rolleyes:

more bs please.. I am enjoying it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

I love bs like this, if Everton had an investor we would be easily of the match for spuds or citehs of this world..., moyes would also be more frugal with cash and not spend the GDP of a small country on someone like andy carroll

we have more than shown our ability to compete with sky clubs this season .. :rolleyes:

dont tar us with the city brush , were not investing trillions like them.

Glad we didnt get phil neville , pppppphhhhheeeewwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Coming from you!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

btw, Everton were useless today.

• Advertisement

member of the sky 4 so eh...

Everton have a much better history than Man City for instance...

Chelsea have only been a major force in the last decade or so.

Barely legal age for what, forest won two European cups, are they a bigger club than everton

BERBA wrote: »
    Glad we didnt get phil neville , pppppphhhhheeeewwww

He'd have been a good signing for Spurs IMO. Versatile, experienced, cheap and wouldn't cost much in terms of wages.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Coming from you!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

btw, Everton were useless today.

shur most of the posters here are post LC age, and hardly know funk all about the history of a grand old team like Everton.

How many Chelski supporters here actually know them from the 80s... the car park Chelsea...

and yes, thanks for stating the obvious

Barely legal age for what, forest won two European cups, are they a bigger club than everton

lol riiight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Voltwad wrote: »
    Our potential as a club is at least as great as Spurs or City, even them across the Park. Kenwright is a poisonous chairman however. He wants someone to invest and let him remain in charge which is really not ever going to happen. He needs to step aside before it's too late.
    I can't say that I am up to scratch on Evertons finances but I imagine one of the reasons why it would be difficult to sell Everton is like Spurs you are in need of a bigger stadium which cost serious amounts of money, the other thing is that being located in London seem to give teams a license to have very very expensive tickets which helps make up some of the difference with having a smaller stadium.

We for instance made 20m(a sixth of our revenue) in Gate receipts last year while Arsenal made closer to 60m(24-25% of revenue) so you can see the advantages to investing in a club like City over Spurs or Everton who have a new stadium that can be expanded further.

More frugal with cash, how much money did he spend on strikers and they are all ****e, the only decent one is injured most of the time, moyes will be gone soon I think he didn't even get out of his seat in the 2nd half

More frugal with cash, how much money did he spend on strikers and they are all ****e, the only decent one is injured most of the time, moyes will be gone soon I think he didn't even get out of his seat in the 2nd half

He didnt spend anything on strikers, certainly nothing in the region of 40million pounds...:rolleyes:

And I already have said he may well be gone, as HS also pointed out.

I can't say that I am up to scratch on Evertons finances but I imagine one of the reasons why it would be difficult to sell Everton is like Spurs you are in need of a bigger stadium which cost serious amounts of money, the other thing is that being located in London seem to give teams a license to have very very expensive tickets which helps make up some of the difference with having a smaller stadium.

We for instance made 20m(a sixth of our revenue) in Gate receipts last year while Arsenal made closer to 60m(24-25% of revenue) so you can see the advantages to investing in a club like City over Spurs or Everton who have a new stadium that can be expanded further.

I think Everton get ca 400,000 from gate recepits on match day, Arsenal get ca 3Million.

Everton were denied a new stadium in the outskirts of Liverpool. I think its still possible to upgrade goodison but the costs would be immense.

certainly with engineering advancements nowadays, 55,000 all seater would be just about managable, but the issues of safety on match day in such a congested space would probably mean it would not go ahead (a re-development), not to mention the funds for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Headshot wrote: »
    Moyes could be gone soon

Hard for Moyes to persist with a club that won't back him financially for whatever reason.
    Everton have good players just they seem to have a lack of new blood coming in each year to freshen the team up.
    I rate Moyes as a manager but i feel his time there is nearing an end,could well see him quit.

• Advertisement

He didnt spend anything on strikers, certainly nothing in the region of 40million pounds...:rolleyes:

And I already have said he may well be gone, as HS also pointed out.

Who bought the yak, Andy Johnson, bilyletendiov whatever his name is and a Saha who is always injured, 40 million right there give or take a few

Dave147 wrote: »
    FFS had 20 on Sturridge for 1st goal, got the 2nd one :(

Spilt the bet like i do,10 on first,10 on last.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

shur most of the posters here are post LC age, and hardly know funk all about the history of a grand old team like Everton.

How many Chelski supporters here actually know them from the 80s... the car park Chelsea...

and yes, thanks for stating the obvious

Car Park chelsea young man? The 80's were a dark time to be a Chelsea fan!
    Ken Bates - Electric fences - property developers - a really **** stadium - relegation. But we did have Dixon, Speedie and Nevin.
    I preferred the 60's and the early 70's. Chelsea were known as "fancy dans" in them days young'un.
    And for those who say we bought success, I remember a certain team paying a club record (96k!) for one Tony Hateley. He was more successful there but never fitted in at Chelsea as we liked to get it down and play it on the floor! (I kid you not)

Theres a few of us old Chelsea Pensioners still out there, but I dont regret one bit our success since Roman bought us. Its the modern way young man and you must move with the times! :)

Who bought the yak, Andy Johnson, bilyletendiov whatever his name is and a Saha who is always injured, 40 million right there give or take a few

Saha was a freebie,initially a pay as you play deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Moyes could be gone soon

what are the chances of Moyes ending up at MUFC next season?

Moyes has a net spend of 25 million in his tenure as Everton manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

dahat wrote: »
    Hard for Moyes to persist with a club that won't back him financially for whatever reason.
    Everton have good players just they seem to have a lack of new blood coming in each year to freshen the team up.
    I rate Moyes as a manager but i feel his time there is nearing an end,could well see him quit.

Its no ones fault at the club imo, they just need a new owner and unfortunately they cant get one. Iv alot of time for Everton and Moyes and would love to see some financial backing for the club. I do wonder thou why they haven't found a sugar daddy yet, seems strange to me

More of chance of you berba taking over than Moyes.

I like Moyes and had him as a contender for the job but he just hasnt improved on the team, I know he doesn't have much money but he still has a good team but going no where it seems

Zero,zilch...........

Most likely at Spuds if Arry gets the Engerland job if Capello bails out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Zero,zilch...........

Most likely at Spuds if Arry gets the Engerland job if Capello bails out

Not if 'Arry gets done for tax evasion he wont!

Venables went for less and he was the last great England manager IMO

Its no ones fault at the club imo, they just need a new owner and unfortunately they cant get one. Iv alot of time for Everton and Moyes and would love to see some financial backing for the club. I do wonder thou why they haven't found a sugar daddy yet, seems strange to me

It is odd alright that no one has come forward to put money in.
    If liverpool are a viable option surely Everton are.
    Maybe Mr. Kenwright is one hell of a scary mofo n keeps frightening the money men away
    As said earlier here i would think the lack of interest is due to Kenwright wanting to stay at the helm and not walk away from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

1 Everton were shocking today. Thats as bad as i've seen them in years.

2 Moyes has a net spend of £3m per season since taking over.

3 The reason Everton haven't been taken over is becauce they are not for sale. Kenwright is looking for investors not a buyer. He wants to remain as chairman but someone to pump millions in. Not going to happen.

4 Moyes wont go anywhere. He's on £65k a week which is one of the highest wages of premiership managers.

5 Everton will have to sell to buy this summer. Revenue is down on last season so players will be sold.

6 I've a pain in my bolllocks watching them :mad:

• Advertisement

Saha was a freebie,initially a pay as you play deal.

Was he free I'm not sure about that

Voltwad wrote: »
    Moyes has a net spend of 25 million in his tenure as Everton manager

Net spend or no net spend, the man can't buy a striker

eh i dunno wrote: »
    1 Everton were shocking today. Thats as bad as i've seen them in years.

2 Moyes has a net spend of £3m per season since taking over.

3 The reason Everton haven't been taken over is becauce they are not for sale. Kenwright is looking for investors not a buyer. He wants to remain as chairman but someone to pump millions in. Not going to happen.

4 Moyes wont go anywhere. He's on £65k a week which is one of the highest wages of premiership managers.
    65k flogging a dead horse is still not enough money

5 Everton will have to sell to buy this summer. Revenue is down on last season so players will be sold.
    Can we have Fellani please?

6 I've a pain in my bolllocks watching them :mad:

Did Moyes run over your pet dog or something?

About as certain as i can be,though remain open to correction.

From Google
    Striker Saha in no-fee Everton switch

Manchester United have offloaded forward Louis Saha to Everton in a deal that will only see money changing hands once he has played a certain number of games. By allowing Saha to leave United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has cleared £65,000-a-week from the wage bill and created space for a new forward in his squad - expected to be Spurs' Dimitar Berbatov. Saha, 30, only started 52 Premier League games in more than four years at Old Trafford but David Moyes believes he can perform for Everton. (Telegraph: 30/08/08)

Read more: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/transfertalk,,striker-saha-in-no-fee-everton-switch,42643#ixzz1Ds1tTNEn

Was for an undisclosed fee. A million or 2 tops.

Bought Yakubu for £11m who hit over 20 goals in his first season. Hardly Moyes fault that a serious year long injury has ruined the player.

Bought Andy Johnson for £8.5m and sold him for £10m. Never recreated his Palace form at Everton but still sold for profit.

Bought Marcus Bent for £450k and helped Everton to 4th before selling him for £2m.

Bought Beckford for £0 and has a decent goals to mins ratio this season.

Bought Beattie for £6m and again he never recreated his Southampton form. Sold for £4m

Dahat i would drive Fellaini to whatever club you support esp if reports of him being worth £20m are true. Gets the odd goal and can do a fancy flick or turn the odd time but he's a liability on the pitch and cant shoot or track back. Gives Moyes the £20m and let him bring in 4 decent players with a bit of heart.

Was for an undisclosed fee. A million or 2 tops.

Bought Yakubu for £11m who hit over 20 goals in his first season. Hardly Moyes fault that a serious year long injury has ruined the player.

Bought Andy Johnson for £8.5m and sold him for £10m. Never recreated his Palace form at Everton but still sold for profit.

Bought Marcus Bent for £450k and helped Everton to 4th before selling him for £2m.

Bought Beckford for £0 and has a decent goals to mins ratio this season.

Bought Beattie for £6m and again he never recreated his Southampton form. Sold for £4m

So you agree with me then I'm guessing, he is a good manager but he is limited, think he would be found out at a big club

Anyone else think Anichebe looked massive today?
    I know he is a big lad but he seriously looked like someone that should have been wrestling at the royal rumble!

Dahat i would drive Fellaini to whatever club you support esp if reports of him being worth £20m are true. Gets the odd goal and can do a fancy flick or turn the odd time but he's a liability on the pitch and cant shoot or track back. Gives Moyes the £20m and let him bring in 4 decent players with a bit of heart.

Really I rate him myself, he looked good at anfield this year

• Advertisement
Advertisement