Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mid Table Madness - Bolton V Everton

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Car Park chelsea young man? The 80's were a dark time to be a Chelsea fan!
    Ken Bates - Electric fences - property developers - a really **** stadium - relegation. But we did have Dixon, Speedie and Nevin.
    I preferred the 60's and the early 70's. Chelsea were known as "fancy dans" in them days young'un.
    And for those who say we bought success, I remember a certain team paying a club record (96k!) for one Tony Hateley. He was more successful there but never fitted in at Chelsea as we liked to get it down and play it on the floor! (I kid you not)

Theres a few of us old Chelsea Pensioners still out there, but I dont regret one bit our success since Roman bought us. Its the modern way young man and you must move with the times! :)

hehe, kudos sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Dahat i would drive Fellaini to whatever club you support esp if reports of him being worth £20m are true. Gets the odd goal and can do a fancy flick or turn the odd time but he's a liability on the pitch and cant shoot or track back. Gives Moyes the £20m and let him bring in 4 decent players with a bit of heart.

I am of United patrionage,we would gladly take him though for 10 millers given the nice deal we done ye on Saha......lol!!!
    He would do a job for us,many of us agree

niallo27 wrote: »
    Who bought the yak, Andy Johnson, bilyletendiov whatever his name is and a Saha who is always injured, 40 million right there give or take a few

saha was free
    that billenabvinatiov guy is not a striker
    andy johnson ...erm, this is going back a bit huh?
    yak... no where near 40million :rolleyes:

so you would want to revise your math a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

So you agree with me then I'm guessing, he is a good manager but he is limited, think he would be found out at a big club

I dont know if he'd be found out at a bigger club. He's never had the money that a big club offers so who knows how he'd do. I dont think any manager would do much better with the funds he's been given over the last 9 years.

You can pick Moyes transfer dealings apart all you like but remember he did get Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Howard, and Jagielka for £20m combined. Hard to argue with any of them transfers imo.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    1 Everton were shocking today. Thats as bad as i've seen them in years.

2 Moyes has a net spend of £3m per season since taking over.

3 The reason Everton haven't been taken over is becauce they are not for sale. Kenwright is looking for investors not a buyer. He wants to remain as chairman but someone to pump millions in. Not going to happen.

4 Moyes wont go anywhere. He's on £65k a week which is one of the highest wages of premiership managers.

5 Everton will have to sell to buy this summer. Revenue is down on last season so players will be sold.

6 I've a pain in my bolllocks watching them :mad:

hahah, quality, nailed on the head there.

I wont even bother my ass watching MOTD tonight.. fcuk that.

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone else think Anichebe looked massive today?
    I know he is a big lad but he seriously looked like someone that should have been wrestling at the royal rumble!

Dunno about massive but he did look shoite :mad:
    Really I rate him myself, he looked good at anfield this year

Watch him on a regular basis and you'll see the true Fellaini.
    dahat wrote: »
    I am of United patrionage,we would gladly take him though for 10 millers given the nice deal we done ye on Saha......lol!!!
    He would do a job for us,many of us agree

Couldnt see Alex buying him to be honest. Saying that he bought Carrick for £16m which means he'd pay £25m for Fellaini

Net spend or no net spend, the man can't buy a striker

maybe because average low life strikers cost the guts of 40 million pounds nowadays huh? and Moyes is clearly priced out of such a move...

not his fault the market is f|cked up to bits...

hahah, quality, nailed on the head there.

I wont even bother my ass watching MOTD tonight.. fcuk that.

Watch MOTD? Ha ha i'd count the blades of grass in the garden rather than endure that again. Once was enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

saha was free
    that billenabvinatiov guy is not a striker
    andy johnson ...erm, this is going back a bit huh?
    yak... no where near 40million :rolleyes:

so you would want to revise your math a bit.

Saha was undisclosed, if you put into google it's usually around 4 million is quoted, Beattie was 6 million, Johnson was 9 million, yak was 11 million, does bily not play up front, has he ever played up front, well that's 30 million leaving him out

• Advertisement

Was he free I'm not sure about that

you obv know sfa about Everton, yes he was free... he gets wages when he plays...

which isnt often

you obv know sfa about Everton, yes he was free... he gets wages when he plays...

which isnt often

Some sources say he was free some say he wasn't

was moyes sleeping with your missus or something?

was moyes sleeping with your missus or something?

He is after killing my dog and shagging my missus now, you can do better than that to defend your manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

He is after killing my dog and shagging my missus now, you can do better than that to defend your manager
    You can troll better than that as well I'm sure of it.

Lads let it go. No one knows how much Saha cost as the fee is undisclosed. Most likely is that Everton didnt pay a fee but it was off set against future Rooney payments. As it stands Saha has a record of 30 goals from 76 games which is a decent return.

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    You can troll better than that as well I'm sure of it.

I'm just stating facts he has spend 120 million at everton which is a lot of money for a club like everton, if everton are doing well he is a great manager if they are doing ****e it's because he has no money and not backed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Moyes has done an okay job to get the best out of players and fit them into a team. They have never been an excellent team nor have they ever really looked poor until recently. Personally i don't see Moyes as a top manager. Tactically he is was out of the ballpark.

However time is taking its toll and players are seeing that even at their best they are a long way off trophies and European football. I don't think any of them have the fight anymore, and without the fight they are plainly average. I can see the likes of Coleman,Cahill and Baines moving to the bigger clubs this summer unfortunately for Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

which isnt often

If he was free then he'll have been given a massive signing on fee. I wouldn't be as sceptical to think all that Everton are paying/have paid him is a weekly wage when he's fit enough to play. That wouldn't be viable enough for Saha.

When Louis Saha signed for Everton he wasn't fit and offered to not take a wage til he was match fit. I reckon these days he's probably on a basic 30k-40k with extra payments for appearances and goals.

Advertisement