Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flight: KRK - DUBLIN. [How many liters of spirits]

Options
  • 13-02-2011 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

How many liters of spirits can I bring into Ireland from Krakow, hoping to pick up a few nice bottles of vodka such as Chopin & Belvedere.

Also whats the fine if I go over the limit?
    Consequences of breaking the limit? (Since its all for personal use)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

you can bring as much alcohol from eu member state to eu member state as you like, as long as:
    1) its for personal use
    2) it is transported by you

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

So in the unlikely-hood that I'm checked having 6 ultra-premium bottles of vodka on me isn't going to cause any hassle since well yes I could easily use that for personal use within a month. Although I'd rather keep them for longer obviously =[

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

No you're fine. The only problem you might have is with overweight baggage!

pa990 wrote: »
    you can bring as much alcohol from eu member state to eu member state as you like, as long as:
    1) its for personal use
    2) it is transported by you
    Bigcheeze wrote: »
    No you're fine. The only problem you might have is with overweight baggage!

Thanks for the assistance guys :) Shouldn't have the problem of overweight baggage, 10kg carry and 15kg check-in and I normally travel light with just the carry baggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

just make sure that your carry on luggage only contains alcohol bought in the airport and thats its in a sealed bag.
    (i usually pop the duty free stuff into my carry on after security)

• Advertisement

pa990 wrote: »
    just make sure that your carry on luggage only contains alcohol bought in the airport and thats its in a sealed bag.
    (i usually pop the duty free stuff into my carry on after security)

Never been in an airport that duty free is before security.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Bring some bubble wrap, Styrofoam bottle packaging or bottle canisters like you get on bottles of whiskey and tape if your planning to pack 6 bottles in your suit case. If you have several bottles packed it is better to tape them together as bottles more often than not break from hitting each other in you suit case (even when bubble wrapped) due to the rough handling they get in air ports. If they can't move around they should be safe enough. If using canisters pad so as there is no movement in the canister. News paper will suffice.

By the way personal use covers a years supply so six bottles should be easily justified. :D

Advertisement