Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Crowe

Options
  • 13-02-2011 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭

Would I be right in thinking he is the only candidate in galway west who has any business/entrepreneurial credentials? Seems like a good guy to me anyways. We need people with a bit of 'get up and go' bout them in the next dáil and not some of the loony pro huge social welfare payments candidates that seem to be floating about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MOC1972

We need people who have time and honesty not people who have other fish to fry like alot of the other ff people

• Registered Users Posts: 6,042 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Canvasser wrote: »
    Would I be right in thinking he is the only candidate in galway west who has any business/entrepreneurial credentials? Seems like a good guy to me anyways. We need people with a bit of 'get up and go' bout them in the next dáil and not some of the loony pro huge social welfare payments candidates that seem to be floating about.

Would I be right in saying that what we don't need is any more FF bs? And how you feel the need to call other candidates loonies when it's your party that's behind the huge numbers on the social welfare just goes to show your own bloody ignorance. Personally I hope Crowe and Fahey and the likes get dumped on their arses where they belong.

The likes of you make me sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Canvasser

The likes of you make me sick.

unconstructive anger there buddy boy

• Registered Users Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

FF will never recieve a vote from me as long as I live.

Look at the state of the country after that shower. I hope Crowe calls to my door tbh. Him and his cronies have some neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Would I be right in thinking he is the only candidate in galway west who has any business/entrepreneurial credentials?

Nope - Independent Candidate Eamon Walsh has excellent business/entrepreneurial credentials.

http://www.eamonwalsh.ie/Eamon_Walsh/About_Me.html

He seems to be mainly focused on a single issue - against cuts to healthcare in the West, but to answer your question - I'd say he is more qualified in both qualifications & practical experience than Councillor Crowe when it comes to business/entrepreneurial credentials.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    FF will never recieve a vote from me as long as I live.

Look at the state of the country after that shower. I hope Crowe calls to my door tbh. Him and his cronies have some neck.

I don't think FG or Labour would have dealt with the fall-out from the Lehman brothers collapse and the international downturn any better. Most people know this too.

dilallio wrote: »
    Nope - Independent Candidate Eamon Walsh has excellent business/entrepreneurial credentials.

http://www.eamonwalsh.ie/Eamon_Walsh/About_Me.html

He seems to be mainly focused on a single issue - against cuts to healthcare in the West, but to answer your question - I'd say he is more qualified in both qualifications & practical experience than Councillor Crowe when it comes to business/entrepreneurial credentials.

voting independent is a waste of time. i'd nearly vote for the terrorist shinners instead :pac:

I don't think FG or Labour would have dealt with the fall-out from the Lehman brothers collapse and the international downturn any better. Most people know this too.

Really? If you actually believe this I feel sorry for you.

A quick look at your previous posts signals you are involved with FF and possibly with Crowe himself.

I hope you all fail miserably in this election.

And by the way, I like many others have voted for FF before, but never ever again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

108197pre_8fb06161ab4d773.jpg?v=2010-04-05+17%3A33%3A47

snubbleste wrote: »
    108197pre_8fb06161ab4d773.jpg?v=2010-04-05+17%3A33%3A47

"I'm sick of Crowe" says trees :cool:

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Really? If you actually believe this I feel sorry for you.

A quick look at your previous posts signals you are involved with FF and possibly with Crowe himself.

I hope you all fail miserably in this election.

And by the way, I like many others have voted for FF before, but never ever again.

Michael is getting a great reception on the doors, particulary in the east side of the city around renmore and mervue. people like you just can't accept fianna fáil are the natural party of government.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

people like you just can't accept fianna fáil are the natural party of government.

Is this person for real or is it just some form of satire?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

Would I be right in thinking he is the only candidate in galway west who has any business/entrepreneurial credentials

Wrong.

Eamonn Walsh, independent candidate. None of that FF BS either.

people like you just can't accept fianna fáil are the natural party of government.

What an absurd statement! I suppose Mubarak was the natural leader of Egypt for the past 30 years? I suppose we should just throw out that whole democratically elected representatives malark because the election contest has already been decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

voting independent is a waste of time. i'd nearly vote for the terrorist shinners instead :pac:

I would say that history disagrees with you.

Tony Gregory was the first who obtained far more as an independent propping up a FF government than he would have achieved as a FF backbencher.

More recent examples include Michael Lowry and Jackie Healy-Rae.

I am amazed that at how before an election, FF always say that voting independent is a waste of time, but afterwards, have no issue whatsoever giving away scarce resources to these independents, just to stay in power.

Because of this, I think that there will be even more independents in the Dail after this election. If FF really believe that voting for independents is a waste, then they should have a policy, that they will not cave-in to independents after an election.

citycentre wrote: »
    Is this person for real or is it just some form of satire?

no i'm very much for real and a representation of real people in the real world, not this internet fantasy world where that pinko nolan is winning the election in the online vote.

fianna fáil will get two seats in galway west - o'cuiv and crowe. yer internet votes won't matter a thing then. only one poll matters and there is plenty of fianna fail people in galway. most of us won't bother engaging with idiots on the internet so thats why we may not seem so numerous to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

It won't take too long for an independent to be signed up by one of the parties. This happens allot.
    Crowe is a good decent guy, its a pity he has the ff label on him. Any time we contacted him he would always listen.
    But it still won't change the simple fact that no ff person deserves a vote from me the way they sat on their bums and did nothing when people higher up in the chain of command ran this country into the ground.

Michael is getting a great reception on the doors, particulary in the east side of the city around renmore and mervue. people like you just can't accept fianna fáil are the natural party of government.

"Great reception" The great FF swindle eh.

Your party has lost all credability the last 4 years.

I've never been a big follower of politics but FF is the only party that actually gets me angry.
    • Almost half a million unemployed
    • People streaming out of the country in droves
    • Increased income taxes
    • Increased fuel taxes despite already high prices
    • Tens of thousands at least on the brink of mortgage default.
    • Bail out the banks with taxpayers money and now pay on the double as mortgage rates are sky rocketing.
    That's only a start.

Great reception indeed, sure you're a great bunch of lads.

"People like me" are normal people and are sick of being brought to our knees by the incompetance of FF. No more.

alibabba wrote: »
    It won't take too long for an independent to be signed up by one of the parties. This happens allot.
    Crowe is a good decent guy, its a pity he has the ff label on him. Any time we contacted him he would always listen.
    But it still won't change the simple fact that no ff person deserves a vote from me the way they sat on their bums and did nothing when people higher up in the chain of command ran this country into the ground.

Michael would very much still consider himself independent fianna fáil and will not hesitate to speak on his conscience in the new dáil. You should reconsider - yes a couple mistakes were made by the outgoing government, but Crowe was not party to those decisions at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Good God. Tell me you don't actually believe Lehman was the trigger of this country's woes. Worse still, do people believe it on the doorstep? I despair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Michael would very much still consider himself independent fianna fáil and will not hesitate to speak on his conscience in the new dáil. You should reconsider - yes a couple mistakes were made by the outgoing government, but Crowe was not party to those decisions at the time.

Look will you remove your ff badge for a min and look at what they did and how they did it. I didn't see any group of back benchers or cllrs revolting againt berries cowen and their cronies. They all had ample opportunity to reject motions but no they kept it country and played like a good little sheep.

• Advertisement

no i'm very much for real and a representation of real people in the real world, not this internet fantasy world where that pinko nolan is winning the election in the online vote.

fianna fáil will get two seats in galway west - o'cuiv and crowe. yer internet votes won't matter a thing then. only one poll matters and there is plenty of fianna fail people in galway. most of us won't bother engaging with idiots on the internet so thats why we may not seem so numerous to you.

Thats it, I'm now convinced that this is actually Dave McSavage gathering research for his next "hilarious" TV series...

Sorry to break it to you but FF will do extremely well to hang onto one seat. Those ridiculous civil war attitudes aren't going to cut any ice this time.

Imagine Canvasser coming to your door spouting this nonsense!

alibabba wrote: »
    Look will you remove your ff badge for a min and look at what they did and how they did it. I didn't see any group of back benchers or cllrs revolting againt berries cowen and their cronies. They all had ample opportunity to reject motions but no they kept it country and played like a good little sheep.

http://fograff.org/home

i'm a member myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

You seem to have skimmed over my point:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Canvasser

What an absurd statement! I suppose Mubarak was the natural leader of Egypt for the past 30 years? I suppose we should just throw out that whole democratically elected representatives malark because the election contest has already been decided.

Look, whether Crowe has been elected before or not, FF are the same old FF that thought they were Gods because they artificially inflated the economy through property-based incentives and ultimately bankrupted this country. They transferred the cost of failed private ventures from big fat cat developers and put it on the shoulders of the public. FF have proved time and again that party politics come before the national interest and I have no doubt, that if elected, Crowe would NOT have an independent voice. He would merely go along with the same party voice.

Martin claims to have reinvigorated the party but he's part of the same old tack. He has been a minister for 14 years. It's a joke to think he's claiming he'll fix the Health Service when he presided over the department of health for 4 years himself.

You do not represent the voice of the people. The people are fed up with those bastards. You're typical FF: arrogant and blind to reality and the views of the public.

I bet when you've been canvassing for Crowe you've been going around giving the whole "He's the only one with a proven entrepreneurial record" BS! That is false. Now stop espousing your nonsense and incorrect facts and go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭emptybladder

Mike should have stayed as an independent. I think he would get elected if he did, but O Cuiv's vote will be way down, as will Fahey's, the transfers and 1st prefs just won't be there for Mike. It will be one FF seat, O Cuiv.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

most of us won't bother engaging with idiots on the internet so thats why we may not seem so numerous to you.

Fine.
    GTFO so.

Banned from the Galway City forum for 1 month.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MOC1972

Funny thing is he is one or the other. Right independent ff when it suits
    Could ya give it a rest we are not blind

po0k wrote: »
    Fine.
    GTFO so.

Banned from the Galway City forum for 1 month.

Seriously, I think this joker "canvasser" has been taking the p**s all along - his portrayal of the brain dead, reactionary, arrogant old-school FFer is just to spot-on to be real... Satire at its best I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Seriously, I think this joker "canvasser" has been taking the p**s all along - his portrayal of the brain dead, reactionary, arrogant old-school FFer is just to spot-on to be real... Satire at its best I reckon!
    I couldn't give less of a toss either way.

• Advertisement

I don't think so. There are FF canvassers putting out the same line of thought on doorsteps throughout the nation, all you have to do is listen to the radio every day. You'd swear FF were not in government for the last 13.5 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement