Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Crowe

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭galwayfellaBETA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SiempreRagione

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Canvasser wrote: »
    voting independent is a waste of time. i'd nearly vote for the terrorist shinners instead :pac:
    You could always vote for terrorist Fianna Fail instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

good work on the letter :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Very big letter and well-researched, it can't get 'lost' in City Hall now :D

Seriously though, the outcome will be that Crowe 'forgot' to include them in his declaration much like Fahey forgot to include something in his declaration of interests a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

For all the research the letter person didn't read PopeBuckfasts' notice at the top of the forum..he will not be pleased

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

For all the research the letter person didn't read PopeBuckfasts' notice at the top of the forum..he will not be pleased
    Yes, but if it gets deleted on that basis, it's still completely open to anyone with a higher post count to post the links to where the letters are hosted on Wordpress.

https://mayorcrowe.wordpress.com/2011/02/19/galway-city-council-investigating-mayor-over-alleged-ethics-breach/

I would hope SiempreRagione is shown some leniency in this case as he has clearly put his money where his mouth is by making the complaint on the record to the council. That would strike me as being more legitimate than signing up just to post negative comment on here without doing anything else to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

What's the deal with Frankeen and Dev Óg's names being taped out on Crowes posters? Have to admit I find it hilarious and in keeping with all I've heard on here about the Crowes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Mike Crowe is a city man and will represent Galway city. What city person in their right mind would vote for fahey or o'Dev?

mike kelly wrote: »
    Mike Crowe is a city man and will represent Galway city. What city person in their right mind would vote for fahey or o'Dev?

None, there are 14 other candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

mike kelly wrote: »

What city person in their right mind would vote for Crowe, a man who's clearly interested in power for power's sake?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Good man, Mike Kelly.

That has to be a wind-up surely.

Why would anyone in their right mind vote for someone who has 11 properties and doesn't even think it's appropriate to excuse himself from a City Council meeting when he clearly has a conflict of interest?

Why would anyone in their right mind vote for somebody who tries to take the credit for the creation of IDA jobs which have absolutely nothing to do with him?

Why would anyone in their right mind vote for someone who stood as an Independent initially, but in a lust for power then switched to the party which has bankrupt our country and made us the laughing stock or pariahs of Europe?

Why would anyone vote for somebody who has such a big ego that he describes HIMSELF as 'bright', 'competent', and 'experienced'? If he's so bright why didn't he remember to register his interests with the Council? Surely that's a pretty simple thing, just a matter of reading up his own property portfolio. A bit like Bertie 'forgetting' a little donation of about 30k a few years ago .. as we all all do, like. Yeah, a guy handed me an envelope in a bar in town there six months ago but I can't for the life of me remember who he was, etc., etc.

If Crowe gets in, or if Fahey gets back in, I am definitely emigrating. It would prove that the people of Galway West deserve all the misery that has been inflicted upon us by incompetent FF 'sleevens' and 'gombeens'.

celty wrote: »
    If Crowe gets in, or if Fahey gets back in, I am definitely emigrating. It would prove that the people of Galway West deserve all the misery that has been inflicted upon us by incompetent FF 'sleevens' and 'gombeens'.

I'll hold you to that :D

GBFM currently have a debate with some of the main candidates on now. It is woeful. I expect Fahey and Grealish to break into a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

I see the content of SiempreRagione's post got modded out of existence. Rules are rules, I guess.

But the good news is that the Indo picked up on his story today.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/elections/latest-news/ff-candidate-failed-to-declare-rental-income-2551881.html
    It's just a pity they only focussed on the fact that Michael Crowe failed to declare the income. To my mind his failure to recuse himself from council discussion of a programme from which he was profiting is even more damning.

For anyone who wants to see the original letters they are still available here.
    https://mayorcrowe.wordpress.com/201...ethics-breach/

Agree with Unrealistic.

Not to excuse yourself from a meeting, when you have a clear conflict of interest, is inexcusable.

Is this really the kind of person we need to represent us in the next Dail?

I see the content of SiempreRagione's post got modded out of existence. Rules are rules, I guess.

But the good news is that the Indo picked up on his story today.
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/elections/latest-news/ff-candidate-failed-to-declare-rental-income-2551881.html
    It's just a pity they only focussed on the fact that Michael Crowe failed to declare the income. To my mind his failure to recuse himself from council discussion of a programme from which he was profiting is even more damning.

More of the same from this corrupt little party, they are in politics to line their own pockets. Crowe shows himself to be no better than the rest of them, the sooner FF are sent to the Annals of history the better.

We need a root & branch reform of the Irish political system to weed this type out.

Rant over..... I have to get back to killing myself just to pay the bills.

"This was a genuine mistake, there was no attempt to intentionally deceive," Mr Crowe said.

Yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Im delighted for Mr.Crowe.
    I hope the boards poll is a true picture of how the actual results will be.

Watch for a sudden mushrooming of Crowe posters around the place on thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

New Suits for the door to door canvass - €1000
    Printing of election leaflets and newspaper ads - €5000
    Election posters covering the entire city - €20,000

Being shown up for the living embodiment of the decieving, corrupt, public office abusing, property obsessed Fianna Fail cliche in a national newspaper two days before the general election - PRICELESS.

What a pity his darling 'Canvasser' has been banned .... Would have been great to see him try to justify this one. Probably would have told us he's the most 'competent' and 'business-savy' of all the corrupt FF politicians in Ireland.

It's the sheer NECK that gets to me, sitting in on a meeting where issues in which he had a financial stake of the outcome were being discussed.

'A vote for Crowe is a vote for jobs', he says in his newspaper ads.

Presumably, it's also a vote for him to keep lining his own pocket from City Council funds.

Lucky man to have 11 properties. It's a wonder he's not now known as 'Frankeen Jnr', as the similarities are uncanny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

celty wrote: »
    Lucky man to have 11 properties.
    Depends on when he bought, where he bought and how highly leveraged the financing was.

All in all he's probably not that lucky cos i definitely don't think he's that smart.

In fairness, anyone who joins a political party just as the tide is turning on their popularity towards total collapse and starts an auctioneering firm just as the tide is turning towards total property market collapse is not exactly blessed with the midas touch.

The man is a bimbo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

I bet he didn't forget to collect his rent on the houses tho - typical fianna fail Greed Party politics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Now HIS mug is blocking the traffic light in Eyre Square.
    It was Derek Nolan before, that poster got removed, and now Crowe hangs there instead.

Seriously, people, how bloody difficult is it????

galah wrote: »
    Now HIS mug is blocking the traffic light in Eyre Square. It was Derek Nolan before, that poster got removed, and now Crowe hangs there instead.Seriously, people, how bloody difficult is it????

Very difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭EJLL

Irish Independent:
    "FF candidate failed to declare rental income"

This infuriates me :mad:

He can't even regulate his own finances and expects to be a representative for the people.

11 properties!! :mad: - Fianna Fáil greed through and through

It will be a grim day for Galway if he is elected.

EJLL wrote: »
    Irish Independent:"FF candidate failed to declare rental income"
    This infuriates me :mad:
    He can't even regulate his own finances and expects to be a representative for the people.
    11 properties!! :mad: - Fianna Fáil greed through and through
    It will be a grim day for Galway if he is elected.

Why? We've elected Frank Fahey for the last decade and more. Frank also failed to declare rental income to Revenue and has at least 11 properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

If you think for one moment that the poll on the board is the way its going to go you are living in cuckaoo land, there is no way that Sinn Feinn is going to get a seat in Galway or that O Cuiv wontg get in etc, sure the boards are fully of guys registering just to vote the way they want to so wait until Saturday then compare the results here.

• Advertisement

Storm 10 wrote: »
    If you think for one moment that the poll on the board is the way its going to go you are living in cuckaoo land, there is no way that Sinn Feinn is going to get a seat in Galway or that O Cuiv wontg get in etc, sure the boards are fully of guys registering just to vote the way they want to so wait until Saturday then compare the results here.

Unfortunately I believe you to be correct :-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement