Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Crowe

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I thought there's a moratorium on? What are the thundering gob****e O'Cúiv's blue rinse bayitches doing at my door tonight?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Probably looking for the ri ... actually, nvm! >_>

Probably looking for the ri ... actually, nvm! >_>
    Ew! Took me a while to work out what you were saying!
    Who knows what they'd do for a vote, eh?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Ew! Took me a while to work out what you were saying!
    Who knows what they'd do for a vote, eh?
    Indeed, I agree they'd have to be desperate! :cool:

(That's called walking yourself right into it, lad! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ZRelation

I thought there's a moratorium on? What are the thundering gob****e O'Cúiv's blue rinse bayitches doing at my door tonight?:mad:
    The moratorium is on the media. Canvassing is still allowed..

• Advertisement

ZRelation wrote: »
    The moratorium is on the media. Canvassing is still allowed..
    So you can't influence the voter on TV or radio but you can bang on doors annoying people as much as you like.:mad:

So you can't influence the voter on TV or radio but you can bang on doors annoying people as much as you like.:mad:
    I think the moratorium was put in place more to stop pundit speculation influencing people tbh ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

EJLL wrote: »
    Irish Independent:
    "FF candidate failed to declare rental income"

This infuriates me :mad:

He can't even regulate his own finances and expects to be a representative for the people.

11 properties!! :mad: - Fianna Fáil greed through and through

It will be a grim day for Galway if he is elected.

To be fair now, I don't think there is much chance of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

Whatever else happens, I can't see Crowe or Fahey getting in. People are tired of FFers with extensive property portfolios (Fahey, 29; Crowe 11) who don't seem to have any concept of just how angry people are.

Crowe can highlight how young he is all he wants, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for someone who somehow forgot that he had rental properties when registering his interest with the Council.

When he first went for the Council he was an Independent. Now's he is tarred by association with the corrupt, rotten party which has been in power for 14 years and shamed our country with its bailout last November. Do we really need his likes in the Dail?

As for Fahey, hopefully his time to exit has come. The era of clinics and cronyism and claiming credit for things which have nothing to do with TDs has hopefully come to an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

celty wrote: »
    Whatever else happens, I can't see Crowe or Fahey getting in. People are tired of FFers with extensive property portfolios (Fahey, 29; Crowe 11) who don't seem to have any concept of just how angry people are.

Crowe can highlight how young he is all he wants, but I couldn't bring myself to vote for someone who somehow forgot that he had rental properties when registering his interest with the Council.

When he first went for the Council he was an Independent. Now's he is tarred by association with the corrupt, rotten party which has been in power for 14 years and shamed our country with its bailout last November. Do we really need his likes in the Dail?

As for Fahey, hopefully his time to exit has come. The era of clinics and cronyism and claiming credit for things which have nothing to do with TDs has hopefully come to an end.

I agree I think Crowe and Fahy have no chance.
    Looking forward to Saturday!

• Advertisement

Another amazing thing is how these FFers are described as successful businessmen etc when they inherited giant farms or their parents own half of Galway. Well done guys, you were born in the right place...

Piece about Crowe in the City Tribune today in which he questions the timing of the complaint against him. Fair enough, it does relate to a failure to register his interests in 2008 and the allegation only came out now. One would like to know who made the allegation.

But this doesn't take away from the fact that ...

A/ He didn't register the fact that he earns over €5000 a month from Galway City Council with that same Council. Did he really just 'forget'?

B/ What I think is worse is that he sat in or chaired Council meetings at which the very same scheme he was getting this money from was being discussed. If a Cllr has a financial interest in something, then surely it is a conflict of interest to sit in the chamber and discuss it.

Not the kind of guy Galway needs in the Dail to get this country out of the mess it's in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Another amazing thing is how these FFers are described as successful businessmen etc when they inherited giant farms or their parents own half of Galway. Well done guys, you were born in the right place...

And people insist that we don't have a class structure in this country...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Piece about Crowe in the City Tribune today in which he questions the timing of the complaint against him. Fair enough, it does relate to a failure to register his interests in 2008 and the allegation only came out now. One would like to know who made the allegation.

That's basically what Crowe said during the week when trying to weasel out of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

I'd like to know who made the allegation too so i could ask them one question. And that question would be "What are you having?"

Any time FFers get caught out on something like this, which is often lets face it, they can never bring themselves to apologise and admit they were wrong.... they will always claim it's "political point scoring" like it's other people who are the underhand ones.

Exactly, McTigs.

Reminds me of Micheal Martin's bullying tactics on the TV debates. This man has been in power for 14 years and yet he says the other leaders' policies are going to ruin the country. Errrr, Micheal ... the country is already in ruins.

Makes me laugh how the likes of Crowe try to 'distance' themselves from their own party, as though they were just beamed in from the moon and had nothing to do with all the corruption and cronyism down through the years.

Crowe has seven properties which earn him income from his own local authority, over 5,300 euros every month.

But he doesn't see any problems with sitting in on meetings where this scheme is being discussed. Instead of admitting that maybe, just maybe, he did something wrong, he wants to attack the person who made this claim about him.

It's high time we got rid of these FFers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

I'm interested in joining FF but I only own 3 houses. Is that enough?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

mike kelly wrote: »
    I'm interested in joining FF but I only own 3 houses. Is that enough?

You may join when you have 3 houses. Once you have 4 you run for the council and once you are up to 5 you can be mayor, like Brian Walsh and Michael Crowe before you.

HTH :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

who will be the first to post that Mike Crowe has been eliminated?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

mike kelly wrote: »
    who will be the first to post that Mike Crowe has been eliminated?

You, hopefully.

• Advertisement

Partial Tally with 40 city only boxes opened ( 24% of all boxes so far)

Nolan 17.4%, Walsh 14.2%, Connolly 11.2%, Naughton 9.3%, Grealish 6.8%, O Cuiv 6%

The rest of them , 35.1%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Nolan 17.4%

Boards.ie/vote result has Nolan leading the poll with 17.6% - v close! (just on that one though)

The CURRENT tally is the SAME as the boards poll at 17.7% but all the rest is seriously ****ed up :)

The Connacht Tribune is completely useless, keep an eye on the Western People twitter which is quality.

http://twitter.com/WesternPeople

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Twitter tag search for #gyw works best...

http://twitter.com/search?q=%23gyw

Never got the point of twitter... for this minute by minute news, it works!

Should we start a new thread for the count?

As they open the connemara boxes it is now neck and neck between O'Cuiv and Nolan, who have 13.7% and 13.5%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭03046290

RTE just reported Frank might get in, tell me this is not so.

Surely he will not get many 2nd/3rd preference votes????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

03046290 wrote: »
    RTE just reported Frank might get in, tell me this is not so.

Surely he will not get many 2nd/3rd preference votes????

they said "might" alright,defo the last seat and it'll be very late according to RTE.
    hope he sweats til the bitter end and then loses.

FF OUT!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Crowe has conceded defeat: http://twitter.com/search?q=%23gyw

Back in your box Mikeen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Zzippy wrote: »
    Croew has conceded defeat: http://twitter.com/search?q=%23gyw

Back in your box Mikeen! :)

Jesus wept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,500 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

This discussion has been closed.