Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Crowe

Options
12346»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Hey he's still mayor of the town, councillor with €30k expenses, with 11 properties, guaranteed €60k income minimum from rentals and god knows what else.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

snubbleste wrote: »
    Hey he's still mayor of the town, councillor with €30k expenses, with 11 properties, guaranteed €60k income minimum from rentals and god knows what else.

He's a sickener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

For anyone who wants to see the original letters they are still available here.
    https://mayorcrowe.wordpress.com/201...ethics-breach/
    Very interesting. If convicted he is apparently forbidden from being a member of a local authority. Does that mean he'll have to give up his council position, and since he didn't manage to get elected as a TD, that's him pretty much permanently out of Irish politics?

Amhran Nua wrote: »
    Very interesting. If convicted he is apparently forbidden from being a member of a local authority. Does that mean he'll have to give up his council position, and since he didn't manage to get elected as a TD, that's him pretty much permanently out of Irish politics?

In the good old FF days He'd probably get appointed a head administrator to a hospital or some other fancy job 100k plus for scratching his ar$e hopefully not becauce it looks like Fahey and his old buddies are getting the boot:D

Amhran Nua wrote: »

Very big IF there, this is Ireland, people like Crowe make mistakes and nothing happens.

• Advertisement

Very big IF there, this is Ireland, people like Crowe make mistakes and nothing happens.

Couldn't agree more!

I make a similar "mistake" and I would be prosecuted to the full extent of the law

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Amhran Nua

Maybe. The appetite for gombeenism is at an all time low in this country however, so I would hope he'll get hit with the full penalties. Whatever fines are imposed would probably be fairly marginal to someone of his means - the real damage to him is that he'd have been run out of politics in disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭celty

I am delighted to see that the people of Galway West are finally waking up to the lies, bluster, and cronyism of all these FFers.

This man described himself as 'bright' and 'competent' in his campaign and yet was not 'bright' or 'competent' enough to declare all the money he was getting from the Council for the rental scheme.

It is a really good day for Galway if Fahey (29 properties) and Crowe (11) performed abysmally, proving that the era of greed, cronyism, and hanging out with developers in that infamous tent really has come to an end.

Hopefully, the days when our TDs think it's enough to run around promising things and taking the credit for things which have nothing to do with them (such as Crowe claiming the credit for IDA jobs) are a thing of the past.

Delighted they didn't get within a million miles of a seat, even if Crowe still is Mayor of Galway and making thousands from the Council, he's had a real kick up the rear end today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

1500 votes he will get , around 700 will transfer to O Cuiv and much of the rest to the gene pool of Grealish and Fahey with some to Nolan and Connolly .

celty wrote: »
    I am delighted to see that the people of Galway West are finally waking up to the lies, bluster, and cronyism of all these FFers.
    It is a really good day for Galway if Fahey (29 properties) and Crowe (11) performed abysmally, proving that the era of greed, cronyism, and hanging out with developers in that infamous tent really has come to an end.

Ahem, I presume you read the Brian Walsh thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Jesus wept

I am weeping! Mike got less votes than Frank Forty Houses? No wonder the country is in the state it is in.

mike kelly wrote: »
    I am weeping! Mike got less votes than Frank Forty Houses? No wonder the country is in the state it is in.

Maybe Frank put in more effort or pulled more strokes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

when will we have definite results?

'Stone The Crowes' party in Bohermore tonight.

Looks like there won't be full results in Galway West or East until tomorrow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Before this thread dies can we all join in to give Crowe one final kicking?

I'll start

Oi! Crowe! Do us all a favour, heed the election results and accept that you are not wanted in public office representing Galway. Not in the council, not in the senate, not in the european parliment and obviously not in the Dail.

We don't like you, we don't trust you, go back to your life and stop annoying us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

McTigs wrote: »
    Before this thread dies can we all join in to give Crowe one final kicking?

I'll start

Oi! Crowe! Do us all a favour, heed the election results and accept that you are not wanted in public office representing Galway. Not in the council, not in the senate, not in the european parliment and obviously not in the Dail.

We don't like you, we don't trust you, go back to your life and stop annoying us.

Hey Mr. Crow - jump into your wanderly wagon and get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I'll think you find he is wanted in the council or at least was.
    There was that whole election thing there only a year and a half ago where he was elected.
    Wonder how he'll do when he goes up for re-election in 2014.
    He some how bucked the anti FF trend in 09.

He'll probably go back to 'independent' status like he was originally and run again.

He'll probably go back to 'independent' status like he was originally and run again.

Surprised he didn't do that at the last local elections, probably would have been too obvious.

It's been a very enjoyable election to see Crowe and Fahey get their come-uppances, showing that people have had enough of 'sleevens'.

All we need now is FHE, the woman with the massive ego and few friends, to get knocked out after delaying the whole thing with her recount.

I know most politicians are pig-headed but these are three of Galway's best. The Dail will be a better place without all three.

By the way, seeing how unpopular FHE and O Brolchain are, don't they make a great case for the Seanad to be abolished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

celty wrote: »
    It's been a very enjoyable election to see Crowe and Fahey get their come-uppances, showing that people have had enough of 'sleevens'.

All we need now is FHE, the woman with the massive ego and few friends, to get knocked out after delaying the whole thing with her recount.

I know most politicians are pig-headed but these are three of Galway's best. The Dail will be a better place without all three.

By the way, seeing how unpopular FHE and O Brolchain are, don't they make a great case for the Seanad to be abolished!

Aye, and its all over twitter shes putting a gun to kennys head over another sentate nomination before shell conceed...can u believe that....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

dloob wrote: »
    Surprised he didn't do that at the last local elections, probably would have been too obvious.
    Works fine for Grealish!

tred wrote: »
    Aye, and its all over twitter shes putting a gun to kennys head over another sentate nomination before shell conceed...can u believe that....

She has denied it now on the tweet machine, says she still has full support.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

dloob wrote: »
    She has denied it now on the tweet machine, says she still has full support.

which twitter feed should i be following to keep up
    link please

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Apparently, lumberjacks needed in Canada.:D

which twitter feed should i be following to keep up
    link please

This is all the Galway west stuff http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23gyw

and Healy-Eams own twitter [url] http://twitter.com/#!/senhealyeames[/url]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement