Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone from/living in Limerick-can you propose a photowalk route?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Loads of nice spots around Limerick any particular theme in mind?
    Historical would be the easiest also how far you willing to walk?

The City center is a handy short walk covering King Johns Castle - Treaty Stone and a few nice old graveyards and Churches along he way.

Or you could head out the Canal towards UL for some nice nature stuff.

Check out my Picasa Albums for some photos from around the City let me know if anything catches your eye and I can kelp you plan a route.

:)

Albums - https://picasaweb.google.com/Munster.Images?showall=true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I am angling to take a picture of the Shannon from one of the bridges in Limerick. It hasn't happened yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm up for a walk if there's one being organised or we can agree a date. The river, castle, churches are probably the best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

ooh if it's a saturday you definitely should start in the milk market. lots of ops there. maybe a quick look-see round cruises street, then down to the river - cross the bridge the turn right towards the castle. you can go in a circle from the castle down past the courthouse and back towards the ellen street/milk market area. that's what i'd do, then if time permitted out towards castletroy along the canal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Nicholas St., Patrick St etc. make great shots too, drop me a PM if your doing it, and I'll try help plan a route during the week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    thanks for all the suggestions.
    There's already a date proposed- Saturday, 12th of March.
    Thread here.

Can I request that people reply with any more route ideas to post to the above thread? I posted this thread here as a lot of people don't look at the Photo Expeditions threads at all.

Ireland are playing Wales at 5pm that day, hope that doesn't put anyone off the walk.

As for what type of photowalk- I'm open to anything really.
    I like the idea of the Milk Market- I've heard a lot about it and I'm sure it would have loads of potential.

How long am I willing to walk for? I'm happy with starting in the morning (10am or so, is that too early?), stop for lunch somewhere and then continue.

Cheers,
    Pa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

does this need to be on a Saturday. Could this not be on in the evening mid-week?

swingking wrote: »
    does this need to be on a Saturday. Could this not be on in the evening mid-week?

I'm travelling from Galway ( about 1 1/4 hours away) and a Saturday offers a full day of shooting and having daylight.

I've nothing against a midweek evening walk too, in fact I'd be interested in it (depending on what time) as well as the Saturday walk. If you want to organise one (not much to it) I'll hopefully attend. Tuesday or Wednesdays are best for me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

If it's starting of and ending in Milk Market then if anyone has any bags or stuff that they don't want to carry around on the shoot then they can leave it in my gallery (which is in the Milk Market). Might tag along myself if I'm around that day.

Hi,
    For the photowalk I want to add the listing in photowalk.ie and just want to include a few photos of some of the places we'll be visiting. If anyone has any and you don't mind them being used can you contact me and send me link to the photo(s).

Below is a list of the proposed route, so any photos from any of these spots would be great.

If we start near the river there's free parking on Saturday, we could walk to the Milk market via William St or Cruises St, then down to the Huguenot cemetery off Michael St, over around the Hunt Museum and the potato market,, down behind city hall, up to the castle and the Bishop's house, the Toll house and Thomond, bridge, then onto the Treaty Stone and St. Munchins church. Down along the river, if time suit we could have some luch at the Curragower Bar.

We could walk wlak further out along the river to Barrington's pier, up to Kilrush Church off Nth Cir Rd, then along Westfields and back to the cars.

cheers,
    Pa Dinneen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Scarlett68

Hey Dinneenp you can use any of these if they are a help to you. Just posted em here in medium size but work away with larger if you need to!

View from Barringtons Pier back to City:

ABE31BC1ECD441969DFA72871A8F1E6F-240.jpg

Thomond Bridge and Castle

DDA3789AF349423C8F8381D8CAB45BEA-240.jpg

From courthouse across to Honans Quay area

9A4B2A1E01D44170979916F36C8B976F-0000328506-0001914967-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Under canopy of Milk Market at night
    D0EC76C10A5D428E861275A2B0F8EFD3-0000328506-0002126232-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Interior of St Marys Cathedral:
    F5469EC158974EDB96334AF857B49927-0000328506-0001914971-00240L-00000000000000000000000000000000.jpg

Advertisement