Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mount Oval. Is it within the City Council area?

Options
  • 13-02-2011 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi

Appreciate it, if anyone can enlighten me. Even my friends in Mt Oval aren't sure! :rolleyes:

Max

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

mount oval at a guess would be county council...i think

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

county council as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

• Registered Users Posts: 20 audab

I looked this up on the Ordnance Survey website. It doesn't show the City/County boundary but Mount Oval is marked Mount Hovel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Corkblowin

Definitely County Council.
    Needs to be updated - most of Douglas, Frankfield, grange, lehenaghmore are county, but really should be counted as city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Is that document recent???

Its an absolute joke with the boundaries the way they are, id imagine if all the urban land in and around the city the real population would double.

But of course its all politics with fellas trying to hold onto turf that really should be considered city land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

County Council. rough guide is everything over the river in Douglas is county, everything on the city side of the river is City council.

Although I don't believe you can see the river anymore because of the development of Douglas shopping centre.

The new boundry looks a bit overkill, looks like that net is being cast too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Thanks boardsies. Looks like I'll have to swap my Lotus for a John Dere :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Max001 wrote: »
    Thanks boardsies. Looks like I'll have to swap my Lotus for a John Dere :eek:

Range Rover old chap, Range Rover - Remember, it is Mount Oval after all. There are certain standards to maintain!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

murphym7 wrote: »
    Range Rover old chap, Range Rover - Remember, it is Mount Oval after all. There are certain standards to maintain!!:D

Oops. Thanks for keeping me right. Chelsea Tractor, not actual tractor eh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

County,
    Anything south of the link is in the county.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

anything south of river douglas by the flover is county. Silly but massive swathes of douglas bishopstown etc are all county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Must be why they all sound like they're from Hollywood.

"You douchebag"

Advertisement