Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Using van as a basic camper

• 13-02-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭

With summer on the way ive been thinking about a cheapo camper van to see how i like it before getting a proper camper. I was thinking of buying a Caravelle or similar and removing the seats and reclassifying it as a commercial. An alternative is to buy a Transporter or Vito van and put in a window to give it a crew cab look. A crew cab needs a permanently separate goods compartment so that rules them out. Im vat registered so ill get the lower tax rate. I cant afford a real camper but should be on the road for 3k doing the above. I want to copy the sort of thing you see in OZ and NZ where people tour around in basic van conversions with camping gear in the back.

Anybody see a problem with this plan?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

If I were you, I'd get a cheap Nissan Primaster crew cab or other variants of it (Renault/Opel/Vauxhall).

Advertisement