Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Ireland Have This

Options
  • 13-02-2011 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I am planning to go to ATI for a month and I am wondering if you guys have the stuff we drink in Arizona?

Patrone (Tequila)
    Four Loko (Beer/Eneregy Drink)
    Jose Cuervo (Tequila)
    Dos Equis (Beer)
    Absolt (Vodka)
    Jack Daniels (Whiskey)
    Malibu (Rum)

Does Ireland sell these drinks and if do how much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭shofukan

Patrone (Tequila) - Don't know
    Four Loko (Beer/Eneregy Drink) - No.
    Jose Cuervo (Tequila) - Think I've seen it around
    Dos Equis (Beer) - Don't know
    Absolt (Vodka) - Yes.
    Jack Daniels (Whiskey) - Yes.
    Malibu (Rum) - Yes.

Not sure where ATI is but anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Patrone (Tequila)
    Jose Cuervo (Tequila)
    Dos Equis (Beer)

all the above: rare-ish but probably available at a high price. e.g. http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Other_Spirits__drinks/Tequila/Patron_Tequila-category-24-distillery-24-brand-275-z-brand.htm

Absolut (Vodka) everywhere, €17-€22
    Jack Daniels (Whiskey) everywhere, €25
    Malibu (Rum) everywhere, about €17

Where's ATI? From what you're packing it sounds like somewhere I'd like to go

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

By Patrone do you mean Patrón? If so yes drinkstore.ie (And there shop in stoneybatter dublin should have there entire range.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Desertback

Yeah I accidently added the e.....Yeah Patron

ATI Athlone Institute of Technology

At least I can make my drinks. TY everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

Desertback wrote: »

Ah in that case I'd suggest you try some European beers and Irish beers in substitute for your usual as they probably will be cheaper than that specific import Dos Equis.
    Also Irish whiskeys will be around 5-6 euro cheaper than Jack Daniels normally.
    Enjoy your stay.

• Advertisement

Dos Equis is available, Molson Coors distribute it. I've seen it in a few places in Cork. Don't know about Athlone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Van Occupanther

O'Briens off licence stock Dos Equis. Also Jose Cuervo shouldn't be too difficult to get hold of, think most supermarkets and off licence chains stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭The Orb

For your month here why don't you drink what is on offer over here, you may even like it. If I was to spend a month in Arizona I'd have a great time sampling the local booze.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Yeah Jose Cuervo is available in kost places I think.
    On a side note has anyone ever seen "Desperados" over here, its a tequilla flavoured beer and its amazing!!

alan1990 wrote: »
    On a side note has anyone ever seen "Desperados" over here, its a tequilla flavoured beer and its amazing!!

Lots of offies have it, I'd have to disagree with you about how it tastes though :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Patrone (Tequila)
    Jose Cuervo (Tequila)
    Dos Equis (Beer)

all the above: rare-ish but probably available at a high price. e.g. http://www.celticwhiskeyshop.com/Other_Spirits__drinks/Tequila/Patron_Tequila-category-24-distillery-24-brand-275-z-brand.htm

I'd love to try Four Loko, I know it'd probably be vile, but just for a laugh. Where have you seen it here, I didn't know it was was sold in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

moonflower wrote: »
    I'd love to try Four Loko, I know it'd probably be vile, but just for a laugh. Where have you seen it here, I didn't know it was was sold in Ireland?

You'll never get to try it either as it's now been banned. I had several cans of the stuff when I lived in the Cayman Islands. Both Four Max and Four Loko are absolute rocket fuel. I've never had a drink quite like it before (in terms of knocking you for six).

Think of a can of Four Loko as the equivalent of drinking a bottle of wine and you can see how people were getting themselves in to trouble.

The best of these types of drink I've had in the past is a tie between Miller Sparks and Bud Extra. Both were the tonic of many happy nights out in Grand Cayman. As with Four, these drinks are also banned now and have since been reformulated.

Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Desertback wrote: »

OP, wheck out todays deal on Boards.ie, http://www.boardsdeals.ie/

Its good value for 3 cocktails in Ireland. Plus here you don't tip in bars, so €10 = €10.

As others have stated, you'd be better off tasting something new while in Ireland rather than reverting to your old-reliables. After all you are trying something new by moving here, we not expand your adventurousness to alcohol too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Try some Irish whiskey dude!

Advertisement