Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning Rote

Options
  • 13-02-2011 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Im a guy who moved into a house before christmas. The house is lovely and I'm sharing with two girls. The problem is that the two girls never clean up after themselves and I find Im always emptying the bins, sweeping the floors and putting away the dishes. I was just wondering would it be advisable to put up a cleaning rota or will this cause too much trouble?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wouldn't do it, OP. You are the newbie in the house - for all you know, they may have some system already worked out between them, e.g. friends of mine do a 'wash everything in the sink' deal, every third day.

I undertand that you want a clean place to live, but I think there's more subtle ways of going about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Say it to them if they have some sort of cleaning system set up that you aren't privvy to. If they do, ask them to kindly let you in on it. If not, then start up a system. Otherwise the small annoyance you feel now will fester into a much more dividing atmosphere or resentment. The other two may even be aware of their untidyness because we all have our own version of what is "clean".

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭ilovefridays

if you contuine to clean up all the time, they will have the attitude 'sure he'll do it'.
    As you are a newbie, you should say it to them now before you become the full time house cleaner...
    just ask them if there is a rota in place in the house, that's all.....

Advertisement