Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

unlocking a nokia n95 from vodafone?

Options
  • 13-02-2011 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

just wondering if anyone knows the story with when vodafone have to provide an unlock code for my phone? i'm moving to meteor, have had an account with vodafone for years and spent tons on credit, but they're claiming i have to have used €127 in the last 6 months. is there any way around this? are they not required to provide it once the credit purchased covers the initial cost of the phone or something? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

have you not used that much now already voda stopped selling this a long time ago after one year they have to give you the unlock code
    the only other way is to go to an unlocking shop like fm mobiles in city center

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

That is their terms unfortunately. Do you know anyone on VF billpay? They get could the code for you for free. Otherwise like jimmy said, get it unlocked yourself. The n95 will only cost a tenner to be unlocked, done in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭amorgan

someone with bill pay can do it free? how do i go about that? i know a couple of people. i've asked a couple of shops and they've quoted a good bit more for n-series nokia. between 40 and 70 from what i've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Where are you based? In dublin you would get it done for a tenner.

Vodafone billpay customers can request 3 unlock codes a year on an active account. You get the account holder to ring up, request the NAC and give your imei number. Or you can do the same online at vodafone.ie. The account holder has to login, and submit the imei, and they will text it to you.

Advertisement