Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing

Options
  • 13-02-2011 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Hi all.
    Loved fishing in my earlier days. Trout fishing in the local river.
    With work over the years no time to do it.
    Now less work, want to get back into it.
    Interested in salmon mackerel fishing
    Where is the best place to fish. When do the season start.
    Licences needed etc.
    Help much app. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

You need a license for salmon fishing, and if you catch you you have to put a little plastic tag on it and log it in a little book, so it's pretty strict. But I don't think you need a license for any other kinds of fishing. The season is opening now in February. There's a little fishing/paint shop just off north main street run by a guy who is a bit of an expert and who's really nice and helpful. If you call into him he can point you in the right direction, and will tell you the best spots to go. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Come visit us on the Angling Section - plenty of advice available

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=62

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ballycotton pier is where I use to fish in my younger days,great mackeral not sure how strict they are these days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭rubbledoubledo

Thanks all.
    Angling section here i come.

Advertisement