Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIT Ombudsman

Options
  • 13-02-2011 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know this has been discussed before. However, I want to know if anybody has any experience with a mediator service of some sort in relation to DIT administration practices. I am staring to think there is no such service, as the place appears to be accountable to nobody like most government Institutions ,in this backward Banana Republic. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Naikon wrote: »
    Ok, I know this has been discussed before. However, I want to know if anybody has any experience with a mediator service of some sort in relation to DIT administration practices.
    I am staring to think there is no such service, as the place appears to be accountable to nobody like most government Institutions in this backward Banana Republic. Any thoughts?

Harden up princess and tell us you beef.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Harden up princess and tell us you beef.

No need to. Thank you for your concern though. Got the info I need. It's purely an issue with Administration. Mods, feel free to close this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

The Student's Union noob.

Sheeps wrote: »
    The Student's Union noob.

demot1.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

They are none the less the group of people who you are looking for in the OP.

• Advertisement

Sheeps wrote: »
    They are none the less the group of people who you are looking for in the OP.

I really wish this was true. From my experience though, the SU is nothing more than an ivory tower. Bit ironic when you consider the whole "student life" motto. Sure, the odd email about participating in the next aimless strike or other nonsense gives the impression they can almost justify taking a large proportion of your registration fee, but it's not going to wash with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

I really wish this was true. From my experience though, the SU can almost justify taking a large proportion of your registration fee

how much do they take ? And do we need the SU at all ?

I can't find any official figures. DITSU states a proportion of your reg goes to the SU. How much though, is another matter to those involved. I think it's stupid that once you register fulltime, you are automatically counted as a member of the SU. Would be a bit like landing a job and being forced to join the angry beardies of the working world. Jack O Connor would surely approve.

Do we need the SU? I don't actually use the SU services, so why should I have to contribute towards their upkeep? Frankly, I would not associate myself with the SU by default. Same as I would not associate myself with asinine Union leaders. Where is the CHOICE?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I really wish this was true. From my experience though, the SU is nothing more than an ivory tower. Bit ironic when you consider the whole "student life" motto. Sure, the odd email about participating in the next aimless strike or other nonsense gives the impression they can almost justify taking a large proportion of your registration fee, but it's not going to wash with me.

I tried emailing the SU over concerns about the Administration and got no reply, actually maybe they didnt get the email as even though it said mail sent there was some crap posted after submitting the contact form. The students union are about as useless as our current government, no problem getting you to fill in useless questionaires (I love the one where you could win a ipad but its a "anonymous" questionaire :rolleyes: and no place for a name/student number etc!), but to do anything useful? No, never have done, never will, Do It Tomorrows Students Union ;)
    Its shocking if they do take a percentage of our reg fees, I've never used or needed them (saying never used, have tried to in the past and well see above), must be a lovely job for the SU people sitting in their office all day getting paid doing f**k all and then of course attending all those "events" they planned (mostly involving getting locked possibly even at our expense) :O

Nick

Advertisement