Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GU5.3 / MR16 LED Lamps (To Replace 20W Halogen Spots)...

Options
  • 13-02-2011 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Most of the info's in the subject line :)

I'm new to DIY, but from what I've read I'm pretty confident I know what I want. I'll need about 20 altogether, so I'm looking for a place I can get a discount on a bulk purchase.

I guess what I'm looking for is a warm colour - is warm white in LED terms comparable to a standard 20W halogen bulb? Or does what I'm asking make any sense at all? :)

My goal is to replace all the existing halogen lamps with LED lamps that will hopefully give out similar light AND will allow me to retain my existing transformers, fittings, etc. So if it sounds like I'm missing the mark on anything, please let me know :)

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

http://ledway.ie is where I got 30 of them last week.

Not the the cheapest but the 3 year warranty makes them great value in my eyes.
    I got a discount on the 30 as well.

Advertisement