Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places for lunch in Dublin?

Options
  • 13-02-2011 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

I find myself getting lunch an awful lot in town, and ending up at the same handful of places everytime. Just looking to branch out a bit.

I usually end up in Metro Café, so looking for suggestions of places like that, although preferably a bit less expensive...

Where's everyone favourite places for lunch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Oslo in Connolly Station, a carvery that can't be beat and lots of other things to order too. From burgers to salads and everything inbetween

Once the staff know you they'll give you free stuff too like deserts.

It's not that busy though, I reckon a lot of people don't know about it, tucked away in the train station

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Here's a site you might like then electro!
    www.mylunch.ie
    Also see the Special Offers area, for yep you've guessed it, special offers. Few 2 for 1's incl Gourmet Burger Kitchen etc.

Know it was mentioned here before, but that new cafe in Tower Records is the business.

Also Boojum is cracking if you're in that area (burritos), and Wagamama beside Sinnotts do a good lunch deal.
    Can't beat an all you can eat at Pizza Hut too!

Darn I love eating!

Here electro, aren't you involved in a night in the Bernard Shaw?

Any word on what the cafe in there is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

wixfjord wrote: »
    Here electro, aren't you involved in a night in the Bernard Shaw?

Any word on what the cafe in there is like?

Hey,

I've never actually eaten there, just had coffee (which is great), but they got into the Dubliner Top 50 restaurants in 2010 so it must be pretty good!

Hey,

I've never actually eaten there, just had coffee (which is great), but they got into the Dubliner Top 50 restaurants in 2010 so it must be pretty good!

Oh that sounds interesting.
    It's run by an old Italian couple or something isn't it? Must be good coffee then!
    Any link to a menu?

Anyone else got any good suggestions?
    By the way, Dunnes are doing a chicken fillet roll with all the trimmings for €2.49, and much better than that Londis muck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

Oslo in Connolly Station, a carvery that can't be beat and lots of other things to order too. From burgers to salads and everything inbetween

Once the staff know you they'll give you free stuff too like deserts.

It's not that busy though, I reckon a lot of people don't know about it, tucked away in the train station

Its good all right, I sometimes eat there as well. Its a handy spot to eat if you arrive at the station early ( to get the train away for the weekend) . The grub is good, and the staff are friendly too. During the week I sometimes go over and eat there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I love Simon's Place on George's St/George's St Arcade.

cosmic wrote: »
    I love Simon's Place on George's St/George's St Arcade.

Couple of good places in there, Honest to Goodness, Urban Picnic, and that stall at the back with the deadly cupcakes!

Never been to Simons Place, what sort of grub is it? Thought it was a coffee shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

wixfjord wrote: »
    Never been to Simons Place, what sort of grub is it? Thought it was a coffee shop!

They do soups, salads and sandwiches. The sandwiches are big hearty ones that fill you right up til dinner! The food is always delicious :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sauvignon

Il Posto is a hidden gem - No. 10 St stephens green - Italian Restaurant and they do lunch for under €10. Its just beside the Stephens Green Club in between Elverys and Top Shop - highly recommend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I like Cafe seven on Andrews street. Its about a 30second walk from Grafton street and does nice little bits like bagles, burgers and omlettes. Very cheap too! :)

Advertisement