Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making an xbox 360 region free

Options
  • 13-02-2011 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I have a friend from the States who asked what is involved in making an xbox360 region free - apparently there is a baseball game out over there and it looks like the producers are never going to bother releasing it here. He definitely does not want to mod or hack it or do anything illegal, but was hoping there was some way of getting the game to play if he bought it in the States and had it shipped over. So, I have had a quick google and looked through boards, and the only way i see of doing this would be by modding it, and i know he wont want to do anything that might get him banned from xbox live or do anything illegal. I know anything to allow this would be maybe kinda shady, but I was wondering if there was any simpler way of just getting a USA region game to play on an xbox over here without hacking the xbox too much? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Puteq wrote: »
    I have a friend from the States who asked what is involved in making an xbox360 region free - apparently there is a baseball game out over there and it looks like the producers are never going to bother releasing it here. He definitely does not want to mod or hack it or do anything illegal, but was hoping there was some way of getting the game to play if he bought it in the States and had it shipped over. So, I have had a quick google and looked through boards, and the only way i see of doing this would be by modding it, and i know he wont want to do anything that might get him banned from xbox live or do anything illegal. I know anything to allow this would be maybe kinda shady, but I was wondering if there was any simpler way of just getting a USA region game to play on an xbox over here without hacking the xbox too much? Thanks

No way to do it, only way is to modify the discs region code, therefore changing the discs signature so even a modded dvd drive wouldnt work, only a JTAGed 360 can boot a modifyed disc image

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭joker@

Who said that modding is illegal?You just plays own dvd backups thats it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The only region free 360's are jtags. As said above, modifying the regional info on a disc breaks the digitial signature from Microsoft, so nothing barring a jtag will then read the disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

joker@ wrote: »
    Who said that modding is illegal?You just plays own dvd backups thats it ;)

Not this again? In order to create a backup, you first have to evade counter protection systems present on the disc - it then becomes illegal.

Advertisement