Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someboy recommend a PC game where I can destroy people & things...

Options
  • 13-02-2011 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I guess something along the lines of Roller Coaster Tycoon where you can remove a piece of the track and watch 200 screaming people smash into an adjacent building... I'm feeling a bit disturbed today.

And of course something like GTA, but I've played that to death.

Any recommendations? Preferably I want to destroy innocent people.

I'm guessing you'd call something like this a "sanbox" game? Also, it has to be old-ish, like pre 2005 or maybe 2006. My PC is kind of shyte.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

KurtRussel wrote: »
    I guess something along the lines of Roller Coaster Tycoon where you can remove a piece of the track and watch 200 screaming people smash into an adjacent building... I'm feeling a bit disturbed today.

And of course something like GTA, but I've played that to death.

Any recommendations? Preferably I want to destroy innocent people.

I'm guessing you'd call something like this a "sanbox" game?

A badass playthrough of Fallout 3 or NV?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

I would recommend Just Cause 2. If you can stand the bad voice acting that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭KurtRussel

Sorry I forgot to mention... preferably a game from 2005 and before. My PC isnt' the best... Half Life 2 is the most advanced thing it can play.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Dont let the Parent Council see this thread..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Advertisement

Good idea! Or Carmageddon 2, but I remember it being kind of crappy.

Also, another one I just remembered: Postal 2. Anyone played it? It's very like what I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Can you cause carnage in Theme Hospital?

Through ineptitude or neglect: yes. Yes you can. God I miss that game, I dont think I could get it to run under Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Mightn't be visceral enough for you, but if causing a nuclear holocaust is your kind of thing, you could do worse than Defcon.

• Advertisement

Dungeon Keeper. It's so satisfying to slap the imps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

GTA 1 , 2 or 3 even?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

You could post your PC specs, that might be easier to name games from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

In rome:total war you can charge about on horseback mowing down fleeing peasants.
    Alternatively you can have rottweilers run after them instead.
    You can also fire catapaults to smash up buildings.
    Not a sandbox game though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭fuzztone

Red Faction Guerrila, not an amazing game but not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Have you played Shadow of Rome for the ps2? You can beat people to death with the soggy end of their arm, it's great stuff :D

eddhorse wrote: »
    You could post your PC specs, that might be easier to name games from that.

Sure, Windows 7 32bit, AMD Sempron 2800+, 2gb Ram, Radeon 9800 PRO

That enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

I don't know about running Theme Hospital on Vista but I got it running on Windows 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

stuckin wrote: »
    I don't know about running Theme Hospital on Vista but I got it running on Windows 7
    i couldn't get it running on mine. think there was something about it being 64-bit not being able to run it. is yours 32-bit win7?

OP, GTA and GTA2 are free to download if you want a bit of mindless vandalism and killing - http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Black and white, bating the sh1te of your monkey never gets old :pac:

• Advertisement

That will work. I got that to run on my windows 95 machine. It had 4 Megabytes of VRAM and a PENTIUM 350Mhz processor. Pretty bleeding edge at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stuckin

whiteman19 wrote: »
    i couldn't get it running on mine. think there was something about it being 64-bit not being able to run it. is yours 32-bit win7?

No I'm running 64 bit as well. I had to do a bit of googling but I got it working in the end.

Rampage! Now there was an absolute classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Postal 2. I'm not saying it's good or anything but if you want to act the delinquent in an offensive pc game that's the closest you'll get imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

+1 on Postal 2, hilarious game. Shotgun up the arse of a kitten to use as a silencer. How could you not find that funny?!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Another +1 on postal 2. Not a great game but if you just want mindless violence then its for you! Who can argue with setting people on fire and then pissing on them to put them out!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

People trying to run Theme Hospital for Vista & 7: http://www.corsix.org/content/theme-hospital

Was working on my Windows 7. Only had the Demo of Theme Hospital to run with it so only had the one level. Extra features with this modded version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

People trying to run Theme Hospital for Vista & 7: http://www.corsix.org/content/theme-hospital

Was working on my Windows 7. Only had the Demo of Theme Hospital to run with it so only had the one level. Extra features with this modded version.
    cheers for that. i still have the original disc after all these years. think i got it free with some kellogg's giveaway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Overheal wrote: »
    Through ineptitude or neglect: yes. Yes you can. God I miss that game, I dont think I could get it to run under Vista.

click properties and set for compatability mode for whatever year it came out in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

sim city 2000 you can build yourself a nice city......then let godzilla or a nuke wreck it :D

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the Postal 2 recommendations... it's exactly the type of game I'm talking about, but I already mentioned I played it on the first page!

Thanks though. I'm stuck into Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 now, trying to create the most lethal rollercoaster known to man. Pity the people don't die in it, they get up again and walk away!

Black & White, must try that too thanks.

Advertisement