Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creative Writing Circle Dublin

Options
  • 13-02-2011 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

Looking for a few people to start a creative writing circle with! Basically, it would get together once a week or every other week and do writing exercises together as well as read each others work, whatever people really want!

I would love it to be people who are open to all types of writing (ie not just super literary types but people who write for fun or write for different genres.)

I just want to get back in the habit of writing and have a bit of fun with other writers!

I'm thinking Dublin city centre would work best!

Anyone interested??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭savvyav

hey

I'd def be interested in coming along (though I haven't written in a while either). I know there's another city centre based writing group on boards but their times never seem to work for me, I've been trying to go since November now!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

I wouldnt mind doing something like this. Might give me the motivation I so desperately need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 PMcKeever

Hey,

Yeah I'd be interested. Currently run the Creative Writing Soc. in Griffith College so couldn't do Mondays or Wednesdays, but keep me posted.

Cheers,

Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Sarchasm

Let me know what nights and venues you are thinking of, I'd love to get back into writing, I need some inspiration! I've gone to creative writing workshops and classes for 4/5 years so I'd be up for hosting it sometimes too :-)

I'm finished college now for the summer, anyone interested in getting things started?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 MooMoo100

Hi I would be very interested in this too but I find most writing groups meet too early for me. I would only be able to make it if it was on from 7pm onwards. Would love to get back into the habit of writing regularly as have no motivation at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Would also love to partake in this. Work in dublin city center till 5.30, so anytime after that on monday/wednesday/thursday would work for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Arfan

Their thread is in fact down here. I am a part of the group but would be open to meeting with another group other nights. The more the better

So would people be up for organising a preliminary meet up soon, or would you guys rather join up with the other one (must say the other one looks a little inactive, anyone know what the story with it is :confused:?)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 brybutler

For the past three years, I've run a creative writing group that meets in Dublin city centre on the last Wednesday of every month. It is laid back and friendly with a strong emphasis on improving each other's work. Our members have won some big competitions so the standard is good. We also generally go for a few beers after each workshop just to keep the social side healthy.

If you're interested in joining or have any questions about running your own workshop, let me know.

Thanks,
    Bryan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Coffeeapple

I'm also from Arfan's group, there's a small group of core members who go but our meeting times have become irregular.

I'd be interested in the new group with it's frequent meetings, how will we set up a date? How would thursday suit everyone? Either this week or the next?

Hey Bryan, I'd also be interested in your group, can you pm the details of the next meet up?

Thursday is fine for me, after 7 if possible

Sarchasm wrote: »
    Thursday is fine for me, after 7 if possible

Cool, we could say 7.30

This would suit me too!

Cool, will me meet in Costa Coffee on Dame st? It's central and there's bound to be room

Ok lets do it. What should we bring? 7.30? Is it just going to be two or three of us??

If you can, print out 600 words or so of something you've written recently. Yeah, it looks like it'll be a small group today but I'm sure we'll accumulate more members soon enough!

crap, I'm so sorry for missing the first meeting, I kept checking for pm's and didn't look at the thread. I was really up for it too :-( how did the meeting go? Same time and place next week?

Sorry missed the meeting, only realized it was on today! Hopefully see you guys next week if its on again!

No worries guys, pm me your numbers so that we can avoid mistaken identities etc. on thursday. Costa was cool, so I think we'll stick with it for now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I might pop along if I may, though I've committed to tag rugby on a Thursday night, but I think I'll head along and see which I prefer. Is the next one this Thursday 26th?

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I might pop along if I may, though I've committed to tag rugby on a Thursday night, but I think I'll head along and see which I prefer. Is the next one this Thursday 26th?

Yeah it's on tomorrow. Come along, everyone's welcome

Hey all, this group still meeting? Would love to get involved!

PMcKeever wrote: »
    Hey all, this group still meeting? Would love to get involved!

Hey

Yeah we're still going, just haven't been updating the thread on here. The next meet up is tomorrow at 6.30pm in Foam Cafe. We meet up every two weeks. If you're still interested (and anyone else who may be interested), send me a pm with your email address and I'll add you to our mailing list.

Cheers

Advertisement